What's new

Hindu temple attacked with bullets

Sad most of the oz are racist bastards they dont care who you are if you are no an oz you are in trouble

to: Developereo

Having been lived in Australia for a few years I have to say I agree to what you said about the Australian culture and their minds over minorities. Although I can see Asian in most part of Sydney I couldn't find any famous media characters with Asian background in the media The same happens to other minorities as well. The big media sites and newspaper are not interested in any multicultural development. All they talk about is their own politics which happen mostly in Canberra where most of the residents are ethnic white people. Also how some European guy or American guy may affect local culture, economy or policy. The minorities are simply ignored.

so you think there should be famous chinese characters in the media to suit you? lol cmon dude..

John Yu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Famous Victor Chang

Victor Chang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Purple Wiggle

Jeff Fatt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comedian

Lawrence Leung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese Australian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are in Australia why wouldnt we talk about australian politics wtf?If i went to china i wouldnt expect to see famous australians or hear about australian politics thats just pathetic.

America and europe culture affect us because we have ties to them they are both western its like saying why doesnt uzbek culture affect china and lets not forget the dim sim made by australians originating from china mmm:P

Australia has a free tv channel dedicated to minorities.SBS

I am supporting the Australian public, but the Australian media is very racist.

Nonsense. I am saying that all ethnicities in Australia refer to themselves by their ethnic background. It is not unique to Lebanese by any means, as you implied.

How is the Australian media racist ive watched multicultural issues on 60 minutes the show shows both sides of the storys so because the main free to air channels have mainly white presenters and reporters its racist how about the fact that 92% of the australian population is white?

and i never implied it was unique to lebanese i said middle eastern.

and no one watches SBS because it doesnt appeal to most of the population plus its hard to get reception for:P i watch the world news though and the history docs.

I said famous people in the media. Not famous people in Australia. And I said things happen around currently not about those people who is already dead or is going to die.
And I didn't say Australian politics when I said your own politics I mean politics within a white/European decedents group.
Just like what Developereo said no Australian will even know SBS exists if there is no sport in the channel so it is hardly a mainstream.
Maybe just like what you said 92% of Australian population is white so Australia is less tolerant on multiculturalism.

I said famous people in the media. Not famous people in Australia. And I said things happen around currently not about those people who is already dead or is going to die.
And I didn't say Australian politics when I said your own politics I mean politics within a white/European decedents group.
Just like what Developereo said no Australian will even know SBS exists if there is no sport in the channel so it is hardly a mainstream.
Maybe just like what you said 92% of Australian population is white so Australia is less tolerant on multiculturalism.

maybe its you who is untolerant wether you like it or not 92% of the country is white therefore your gonna see more white people in the media then asian background people thats just obvious and what do you mean white politics theres australian politics not white politics what would asian politics be and how would it differ they're both australian issues not white issues or asian issues.

do they have "white politics" in china for just white people lol?

maybe its you who is untolerant wether you like it or not 92% of the country is white therefore your gonna see more white people in the media then asian background people thats just obvious and what do you mean white politics theres australian politics not white politics what would asian politics be and how would it differ they're both australian issues not white issues or asian issues.

do they have "white politics" in china for just white people lol?
China is not an immigrant country whilst Australia claims it is an immigrant country and I think an immigrant country should be more tolerant than non-immigrant country.

One of the problems of why in the west despite all its fantastic laws and police cover, hatred still exists is because of the lack of unity between faith rights activists. For that matter, seldom do Muslim activists work for the rights of non-Muslims as well... In the west if a Sikh is attacked because he is mistaken as a Mullah the first thing the Sikh community does is start an awareness campaign about the differences between a Sikh and a Muslim, rather than fighting the scourge of intolerance in itself.

This is not just a Hindu problem, because its a temple that was attacked, its everyone's problem.

China is not an immigrant country whilst Australia claims it is an immigrant country and I think an immigrant country should be more tolerant than non-immigrant country.

can people not choose to live in china if they want?

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

One of the problems of why in the west despite all its fantastic laws and police cover, hatred still exists is because of the lack of unity between faith rights activists. For that matter, seldom do Muslim activists work for the rights of non-Muslims as well... In the west if a Sikh is attacked because he is mistaken as a Mullah the first thing the Sikh community does is start an awareness campaign about the differences between a Sikh and a Muslim, rather than fighting the scourge of intolerance in itself.

This is not just a Hindu problem, because its a temple that was attacked, its everyone's problem.

didnt many sikhs get attacked in america after 9/11 being mistaken for muslim?

In fact in some part of China immigrants, who are from other ethnic group are usually very welcome.
In Shanghai, you can hear the news about immigrants from time to time. You can see some on TV shows or talk shows.
There is even a Russian announcer in the mainstream state own TV channel announcing news using Chinese in one province where 99.9% of the population are ethnic Chinese.

In fact in some part of China immigrants, who are from other ethnic group are usually very welcome.
In Shanghai, you can hear the news about immigrants from time to time. You can see some on TV shows or talk shows.
There is even a Russian announcer in the mainstream state own TV channel announcing news using Chinese in one province where 99.9% of the population are ethnic Chinese.

so the answer is yes then?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom