What's new

Historical Maps of Pakistan

Hey Sparten, thanks for the map bro!

I'm trying to find more historical maps of Kashmir, specially the northern area.
Do you have more similar links?

Neo,
Check out this link, there are many old colonial maps that can be viewed here.
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~poyntz/India/maps.html
we were never really a part of India.
Sparten,
Technically India/Hindustan was referred to as the sub-continent, consisting of various kingdoms. The names of these Kingdoms and their dynasties were more politically prominent and the collective term of India or Hindustan. I don't suppose that ever being part of an Indian kingdom in the past was in any way derogatory.

Firstly Sword9 you are not Lemontree from WAB by anychance?
No I did not mean it to be derogatroy at all. I consider myself to be from the Sub Continent as much as you do. This is for many Indians who cry about Pakistans spilit being somewhat "unnatural". Just for the record theb areas now known as Pakistan have spent most of history not being united with parts known as India. Indeed the frontier and Balochistan have usually were part of Persia. That was my point.

By the how often in its history has Indian Sub Continent been united? Ashoka, Chandragupta, Alahuddin, Mughals for a short period of time and the Brits (and Balochistan and Frontier were only nominally conquered).

sparten said:
Firstly Sword9 you are not Lemontree from WAB by anychance?
Yes I am.
No I did not mean it to be derogatroy at all. I consider myself to be from the Sub Continent as much as you do. This is for many Indians who cry about Pakistans spilit being somewhat "unnatural". Just for the record theb areas now known as Pakistan have spent most of history not being united with parts known as India. Indeed the frontier and Balochistan have usually were part of Persia. That was my point.

By the how often in its history has Indian Sub Continent been united? Ashoka, Chandragupta, Alahuddin, Mughals for a short period of time and the Brits (and Balochistan and Frontier were only nominally conquered).
No part of India especially the northwestern part was ever continuesly part of any indeginous Indian kingdom. The region swayed from been part of Ashoka, Maurya, Rajput Persian, Afghan and finally the British consolidated the sub-continent into one homogenous entity.

Interesting map, it also tells that India has a right on the land which China captured or now owns, but history is history, times changes.

For Pakistan it is another case, for China it goes totally out of hands and makes no sense!

It was actually provided by Sparten Sir.
You know him quite well :wink:

Some one eating some one's fruit:lol: , take it easy guyzzz.

How things really change in such short time, im wondering what its gonna be in next couple of decades. By that time people would be looking today's maps with such eager just like we are now.

Back
Top Bottom