What's new

HIT planning to produce General Dynamics’ Dragoon AFV and VN1

Burraq MRAP vehicle had been abandoned. Nor worth..

Burraq_MRAP_Mine-Resistant_Ambush_Protected_4x4_vehicle_Heavy_Industries_Taxila_Pakistan_defence_industry_640.jpg
what the shit is that :mad:

International_MaxxPro_pic_64177.jpg

How many of these beasts do we have? 20 is it? Just look at how it compares with that Humvee!

Here's one with a truck.

LAND_MRAP_MaxxPro_beside_LoneStar_Tractor_Navistar_lg.jpg

14 tonnes of awesome!

:tup:

Just a thought:

From the Taliban's perspective, the Pakistan Army was always in cahoots with the US army. They're even using the same equipment now. To the impressionable, tribal teenager and to his extremist father this is proof that the war they've been fighting against Pakistan is holy and justified. I don't think it would be responsible to deploy these against the insurgents, at least not when considering the psychological aspect of the war.

Last edited:
View attachment 175179

How many of these beasts do we have? 20 is it? Just look at how it compares with that Humvee!

Here's one with a truck.

View attachment 175185

14 tonnes of awesome!

:tup:

Just a thought:

From the Taliban's perspective, the Pakistan Army was always in cahoots with the US army. They're even using the same equipment now. To the impressionable, tribal teenager and to his extremist father this is proof that the war they've been fighting against Pakistan is holy and justified. I don't think it would be responsible to deploy these against the insurgents, at least not when considering the psychological aspect of the war.
I think its already deployed in the tribal areas
Your concern is valid but the present Toyota pick-ups are just target practice for the terrorists
We needed something as a stop-gap before our own productions roll-out

We hear a lot about HIT Taxila but very little about Machine Tool Factory, Landhi. I visited the factory in 1973 as Esso Sales Engineer to assess their Lubricants requirement. At that time it had been recently set up with the Chinese assistance.

I was impressed with their inventory of machine tools. Under the guidance of competent production engineers, lot of small arms, medium calibre guns and other precision spare parts could be made there.

We hear a lot about HIT Taxila but very little about Machine Tool Factory, Landhi. I visited the factory in 1973 as Esso Sales Engineer to assess their Lubricants requirement. At that time it had been recently set up with the Chinese assistance.

I was impressed with their inventory of machine tools. Under the guidance of competent production engineers, lot of small arms, medium calibre guns and other precision spare parts could be made there.

They are offering 120 mm mortars, RR Guns and RPG-7 rocket launchers.Nothing exciting.

So HIT is planning on producing these. Are these going to replace the the pick up trucks that our soldiers ride in?

I am really like this kind of development but Pakistan need TOT. It heavy change cost Pakistan so much and if they are going induct some good number it also best option for Pakistan Army as they need very urgent basis. If you want know USA and even other world armies also tired about IED which is very cheap attack by TTP/Iraq/Syria and Terrorist in Pakistan. Just have look this documentary you can understand what is I am describing for you.

I am really like this kind of development but Pakistan need TOT. It heavy change cost Pakistan so much and if they are going induct some good number it also best option for Pakistan Army as they need very urgent basis. If you want know USA and even other world armies also tired about IED which is very cheap attack by TTP/Iraq/Syria and Terrorist in Pakistan. Just have look this documentary you can understand what is I am describing for you.

For now we are getting 160 Maxxpros.

one should give them credit for atleast trying with their out-dated factory equipment. IFVs/AFVs dont come cheap, so the Burraq was built to provide an in-expensive yet efficient option for the forces. the govt needs to pump USD500m into HIT/POF to upgrade its factories so that they can be operated on modern lines.
sir
did you see the belly of the Burraq? it was a half arsed job with exposed chassis and the axle with no thought for covering it from an IED.

That looks like it wont fare well on a speed breaker let alone an IED.
absolutely no effort to even cover the axle and the chassy with a names worth plating. look under it.. the entire structure is exposed along with the engine. what a tragedy and what a scandal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom