What's new

Hockey World Cup

sahee hai yaar chirko namak

I hope you read my post after the result (# 30, last one on the second page).

cheers mate...it's good not to assume much when it's india vs pakistan in any sport...it can be either team winning
:cheers:

cheers mate...it's good not to assume much when it's india vs pakistan in any sport...it can be either team winning

Indeed but atleast sportsmanship a norm the world over, which we do not expect from trolls here but its unfortuante that Indian hockey players are also no better in this regard.

Over-reacting for this win, Your Bharatiya player hit a Pakistani player and left him with cut over his eye. Then you say why Indians are hated.

Hockey striker Shivendra suspended, India appeals against suspension

In-form Indian striker Shivendra Singh has been suspended from India's next three World Cup matches for hitting a Pakistani player and a jury would decide his fate by Tuesday after his team appealed against the suspension.

Tournament Director Ken Read told reporters that Shivendra "deliberately" hit Fareed Ahmed by lifting his stick in the 39th minute of the match which the hosts won 4-1 Sunday night, leaving the Pakistani player with a small cut above the eye.

The Pakistan team management did not make any complaint but Read found Shivendra breaching FIH Code of Conduct and guilty of level 2 offence -- physical assault without serious injury.

"The action of lifting the stick was deliberate. A four-match suspension is appropriate but given the (good) history of Shivendra, I consider three-match suspension appropriate," Read said.

Accordingly, Shivendra will miss -- unless the appeal against his suspension is upheld -- India's matches against Australia (tomorrow), Spain (Thursday) and against England (Saturday).

The Indian team management, however, is hoping for a reprieve.

"We got the intimation this morning and within the stipulated time, filed an appeal, depositing the appeal fees of Euro 600," Hockey India secretary Narinder Batra told PTI.

Hockey striker Shivendra suspended, India appeals against suspension- Hindustan Times

And we Pakistanis mashallah our team did not complaint showing sportsmanship:pakistan:

congratz to India....better luck for Pakistan

Right, it was surprising to see fully loaded Pakistan team who had beaten India in Argentina 6-3 2 months back were outplayed.

2 Penalty stroke hit the Bar. That was shear bad luck.

I think the new Indian coach with his rolling rotation made a difference.

i agree. Making every match a mki vs f-16 is not good which some pakistani fans did indeed did before the start of indo-pak hockey match. So i think we should refrain from it and take every match as a hockey or cricket match as a sport match not a war. Cheers.

Indeed but atleast sportsmanship a norm the world over, which we do not expect from trolls here but its unfortuante that Indian hockey players are also no better in this regard.

Over-reacting for this win, Your Bharatiya player hit a Pakistani player and left him with cut over his eye. Then you say why Indians are hated.

Hockey striker Shivendra suspended, India appeals against suspension

In-form Indian striker Shivendra Singh has been suspended from India's next three World Cup matches for hitting a Pakistani player and a jury would decide his fate by Tuesday after his team appealed against the suspension.

Tournament Director Ken Read told reporters that Shivendra "deliberately" hit Fareed Ahmed by lifting his stick in the 39th minute of the match which the hosts won 4-1 Sunday night, leaving the Pakistani player with a small cut above the eye.

The Pakistan team management did not make any complaint but Read found Shivendra breaching FIH Code of Conduct and guilty of level 2 offence -- physical assault without serious injury.

"The action of lifting the stick was deliberate. A four-match suspension is appropriate but given the (good) history of Shivendra, I consider three-match suspension appropriate," Read said.

Accordingly, Shivendra will miss -- unless the appeal against his suspension is upheld -- India's matches against Australia (tomorrow), Spain (Thursday) and against England (Saturday).

The Indian team management, however, is hoping for a reprieve.

"We got the intimation this morning and within the stipulated time, filed an appeal, depositing the appeal fees of Euro 600," Hockey India secretary Narinder Batra told PTI.

Hockey striker Shivendra suspended, India appeals against suspension- Hindustan Times

And we Pakistanis mashallah our team did not complaint showing sportsmanship:pakistan:

That was un intentional, any kid watching that could say, Indian hocky has appealed, pakistani player hit him in his leg so hard that he raised his stick.... Chill dude... see the video if u have any... And Even if he did beat your guy, we are happy:D ... and wait who showed sportsman ship, your guy started shouting before even he got hurt.. see any video if you have...

Last edited:
Indian side showed more penetration, speed and skill then Pakistani side. Less than 10 mins in the match it was obvious that India were playing with purpose and they won a match they deserved to win.

today we have a match Pakistan vs Spain

Get ready for action

Spain is a far better side than India and I don't think we stand a chance. The only disappointing thing in the match against India was the body language of the Pakistani players.

Pakistan winning 2-1.

Pakistan won 2-1.

Pakistan need a better goal difference though.

Despite of loss spain is on 3rd place and Pak in 4th as spain has better goal difference.

Pool B
Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA GD
England 6 2 2 0 0 9 6 3
India 3 1 1 0 0 4 1 3
Spain 3 2 1 0 1 5 4 1
Pakistan 3 2 1 0 1 3 5 -2
Australia 0 1 0 0 1 2 3 -1
South Africa 0 2 0 0 2 6 10 -4

Awaiting India V/S Aussia match which will begin exactly in 15 minutes.

GB

Back
Top Bottom