What's new

Hong Kong domestic helper jailed for spiking employer’s meals, hospitalizing mother and young son

Raphael

Reaction score
Country
China
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...kong-domestic-helper-jailed-spiking-employers

Kowloon City Court heard 39-year-old maid Rinda had a poor relationship with Chan Yi-kiu, after she started working for the Wong Tai Sin household in July 2018.
Prosecutors said Chan had gained 40lbs (18kg) and suffered swelling to the body after Rinda started putting the steroid, dexamethasone, into her meals at irregular intervals. Her son experienced similar symptoms. Chan and her son ended up spending five and seven days respectively in hospital.

Rinda, from Indonesia, has been in custody since authorities arrested her on October 24 after Chan and her husband saw her via a security camera putting the steroid in congee she prepared for the mother that day.

----------------------
@Song Hong, I think you will find this news interesting

Old-school HKers love to keep Austronesian domestic servants (e.g. from Philippines or Indonesia), because 1. they want to feel like a British aristocrat, with a coterie of dark-skinned servants waiting on them hand and foot, and 2. because they think the religious backgrounds of Austronesian (typically Catholic or Sunni Muslim) makes them more obedient and trustworthy.

But it seems neither assumption proved true. HKers didn't become British by adopting British manners, their skin is just as yellow as it ever was. And religious people are just as capable of evil as irreligious people, as Rinda from Indonesia has shown here, or as extremists who ran away to fight for ISIS have shown.

And Hong Kong Chinese traitors almost want to give these people citizenship.

The maid are funded by their NGOs, to go to -- supreme court and challenge the constitution "basic law".

In reality these Chinese traitors just wanted to slap China.

Also British bought in many South Asians.

Now South Asians in Hong Kong are treated like emperor, and they accuse Chinese for racism for anything under the sun.

Hong Kong is a disgrace to human race.

In a landmark decision Hong Kong’s highest court on Monday ruled against granting residency to two Filipino maids, dashing the hopes of several hundred thousand other domestic helpers from ever gaining permanent residency in the city.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...al-battle-for-residency-idUSBRE92O04520130325

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...kong-domestic-helper-jailed-spiking-employers

Kowloon City Court heard 39-year-old maid Rinda had a poor relationship with Chan Yi-kiu, after she started working for the Wong Tai Sin household in July 2018.
Prosecutors said Chan had gained 40lbs (18kg) and suffered swelling to the body after Rinda started putting the steroid, dexamethasone, into her meals at irregular intervals. Her son experienced similar symptoms. Chan and her son ended up spending five and seven days respectively in hospital.

Rinda, from Indonesia, has been in custody since authorities arrested her on October 24 after Chan and her husband saw her via a security camera putting the steroid in congee she prepared for the mother that day.

----------------------
@Song Hong, I think you will find this news interesting

Old-school HKers love to keep Austronesian domestic servants (e.g. from Philippines or Indonesia), because 1. they want to feel like a British aristocrat, with a coterie of dark-skinned servants waiting on them hand and foot, and 2. because they think the religious backgrounds of Austronesian (typically Catholic or Sunni Muslim) makes them more obedient and trustworthy.

But it seems neither assumption proved true. HKers didn't become British by adopting British manners, their skin is just as yellow as it ever was. And religious people are just as capable of evil as irreligious people, as Rinda from Indonesia has shown here, or as extremists who ran away to fight for ISIS have shown.

More likely there's abuse behind the scene. People don't just put steroid for the lulz.

Don't stir the facts to make an excuse for your barbaric act.
If they abuse the maid, the family will not report the case to police. Because the Police will know and it will be a suicide.

Barbaric still Barbaric, doesn't matter whatever excuse you made to cover it up :sick::tdown:

Don't stir the facts to make an excuse for your barbaric act.
If they abuse the maid, the family will not report the case to police. Because the Police will know and it will be a suicide.

Barbaric still Barbaric, doesn't matter whatever excuse you made to cover it up :sick::tdown:
The virtue signaling is strong with u.

Poisoning your employer is barbaric but mentally or physically torturing someone weaker than you is not barbaric? Right got it [emoji108]

Isn't this the whole reason why China have a communist uprising?

Not only you're not Indonesian I'm more Chinese than you'll ever be.

Beside the more you delves into hong-kong or the upper Chinese crust there's always be a horror stories of labor abuse of domestic workers.

Poisoning your employer is barbaric but mentally or physically torturing someone weaker than you is not barbaric? Right got it [emoji108]

Beside the more you delves into hong-kong or the upper Chinese crust there's always be a horror stories of labor abuse of domestic workers.
What a BS!
From where did you get the idea that the employer abused this maid?
What a stupid troll.

WTF :D What the relation between Indonesian maid Barbaric act in HK with Communist uprising and who is more chinese :enjoy: I'm martian from mars by the way LOL

你不够聪明

Last edited:
Why would people need a maid in an apartment? Lazy. I understand a house/mansion but in an apartment which is 100m2? One person can clean it. Don't even need two.

I was had a Chinese Helper for my household to taking care my grandparents, she is not that bright to begin with

Why would people need a maid in an apartment? Lazy. I understand a house/mansion but in an apartment which is 100m2? One person can clean it. Don't even need two.
I personally won't hire maids.
But I can understand why: imagining you can hire a maid who will take care all house works 6 days per week and you only pay 400-500 USD a month.
If you don't mind an outside people stay with your family, it really free you from all the pains.

Back
Top Bottom