What's new

How Can Myanmar ethnic cleansing be stopped?

In order to work as peacekeeper under UN banner a country needs to be considered as "neutral"! Here in this case, Bangladesh is not neutral...........Hence, they can't work as peacekeeper inside Myanmar

No Jamat is not involved. Myanmar is well aware of our internal politics and they are just striking the iron while it is hot... See, now Dipu Moni and Burmese Junta are on same side.....

We are just giving shelter to innocent muslims from burma. While we are not fighting the criminals of Burma. Both sides are even for us. So why not mediate and send our troops under UN banner to burma. Ok not bangladesh send other countries. Why nothing is being done? It has to be done by bangladesh because we are the neighbour.

In order to work as peacekeeper under UN banner a country needs to be considered as "neutral"! Here in this case, Bangladesh is not neutral...........Hence, they can't work as peacekeeper inside Myanmar

Is Myanmar Israel? :lol:

Myanmar was never our enemy. We always maintained amicable relations despite refugee problems they create for us. As I have said in other thread, we must keep all options open. Therefore, Bangladesh must keep a very close eye on the developments in Myanmar.

No Jamat is not involved. Myanmar is well aware of our internal politics and they are just striking the iron while it is hot... See, now Dipu Moni and Burmese Junta are on same side.....

It's a pity. She said 'no' to refugee influx and using it as a political tool. Those bigots have no shame.

We can always say a prayer. It certainly helps :D

Teknaf prays for peace of all

2012-06-16__f01.jpg

What the people of Teknaf now seem to want most is peace in the bordering Myanmarese state of Rakhine.

Muslims of the upazila during Jum'a yesterday prayed for communal harmony in the neighbouring country, where minority Rohingyas have been victims of persecution and oppression for years.

Bangladeshi Rakhines also offered prayers for an end to recent sectarian violence in Maungdaw and Sittwe (formerly Akyab) in the western state of Myanmar.

Muslims prayed also for calm in Teknaf, an upazila in southern district of Cox's Bazar.

“We prayed for peace in both the bordering areas,” Amir Ahmed, president of a local association of imams, told The Daily Star after Jum'a.

“We [imams] asked all to pray for the Muslims, who face brutal attacks in Myanmar, and not to go for any agitation or procession here.”

The 55-year-old man also said he warned people against any sort of violence that might hamper peace in Teknaf.

“As we came to know that Myanmar government pledged to solve the problem and ensure justice for the recent persecutions, I told our Muslims that we got only one thing to do -- pray for peace.”

The local administration is on alert and has taken measures to prevent any conflict, ANM Nazim Uddin, upazila nirbahi officer of Teknaf, told The Daily Star yesterday.

Members of Border Guard Bangladesh and police are deployed near almost all the mosques in Teknaf.

There are roughly 450 mosques in the upazila.

Apart from around 50 thousand illegal Rohingya immigrants, 2.60 lakh Bangladeshi people live in 388.68 square kilometre area of Teknaf, two-thirds of which is covered with forest.

Though the daily life in the locality appeared to be normal, as a precaution, local administration also engaged BGB and police in the Rakhine dominated areas and near their pagodas.

The Border Guard Bangladesh personnel have been patrolling the Rakhine areas since last Saturday, said Ching Ching, 56, a businessman and residence of Chowdhury Para.

Mahbubul Haque, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station, said since the bordering area in Myanmar erupted into violence, they keep in touch with local Rakhine community.

Law enforcers are positioned also in the neighbourhoods of Rohingyas.

The largest Rakhine area in Teknaf is Chowdhury Para at Hnila union, around 18 kilometres off the upazila headquarters and home to some 110 Rakhine families.

Over 50 Rakhine families live in Kharankhali area, 30 families in the upazila headquarter, 13 families in Hnila Bazar and a few in Sabrang Bazar and Damdam area.

Mong Ching Aung, president of Rakhine Welfare Association (Hnila-Chowdhury Para unit), told The Daily Star yesterday that they are living in peace so far.

“But it is natural to be anxious a bit following the last week's bloody clash between Rakhine and Rohingyas in Myanmar.”

Mong said every Rakhine family is offering prayer for immediate end to the crisis. They hope the tension of one side of the border would not affect another.

Some locals who maintain contacts in Maungdaw said the Myanmar authority had taken steps to avoid further violence.

GUARDS SENT BACK A BOAT

BGB and coast guard teams pushed back a group of 44 yesterday.

Coast guards intercepted 43 Rohingyas who tried to enter Bangladesh through Saint Martin's Island on a trawler on Wednesday, reports our Chittagong correspondent.

The trawler could not be pushed back immediately as it was damaged while trying to moor in gusty wind and rain.

Meanwhile, a baby was born on the boat Thursday morning.

The BGB and coast guard provided the intruders with a new trawler and sent them back around 4:30am yesterday.

The country's border force is on high alert as the government on Tuesday decided not to allow any refugee from Myanmar and asked the administration and law enforcement agencies to beef up vigilance.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=238511

Genius, what is the source of your intelligence?
Myanmar Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
see the talk page. wiki mod have edited the page and he is going to do same with navy and air force...

Ya seems like wiki made a lot of changes recently. Just look at the Tanks of Myanmar also Navy. None of the Migs are upgraded to SMT standard.

I think Myanmar can be sized within few days of war if wiki is correct on its assumption now.

^^^ Are you going to make appropriate changes to Kallus new world order now? LOL!

And what kind of person calls other nationalities bastards / animals etc? For an old hag you sure have a foul mouth.

^^^ Are you going to make appropriate changes to Kallus new world order now? LOL!

And what kind of person calls other nationalities bastards / animals etc? For an old hag you sure have a foul mouth.

No, Burma is another Afghanistan like hell hole, not stabilized yet and will remain so for the foreseeable future. We will move with our goals with rest of ASEAN with or without Burma, which has little say if any. Land link would be good, but its not essential for trade. ASEAN includes Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia (and ASEAN+ Japan, Korea and others), many parts of these countries or entire countries are island nations, only connected by sea.

So what is indian stand on Myanmar ethnic cleansing?

It is my personal opinion: This is really an unfortunate and tragic issue..It is really a human tragedy and I would like to see India condemn this incident...But here is a twist...How does India's stance matter any way? If India supports the refugee stand then ultimately this will legalize the millions of Bangladeshi who are illegally settled in India...And if India oppose Myanmar.... Myanmar will of course is at risk of going against India.....

So in a nutshell India will not gain anything by taking any stand....So the best it can do it is to discuss with BD Gov and India should take steps in which the position taken by BD GOv is supported.

The way in which Kallu Miah choppes & changes his imaginary "world order & international policy"; not even omnipotent USA policymakers would be able to match it !!! :D

The best title for this would be "Kallu Miah (mungerilal) ke hasin sapne" !!! :rofl:

I see trolls are acting up again, with nothing useful to say except grunts and the usual nonsense.

It is my personal opinion: This is really an unfortunate and tragic issue..It is really a human tragedy and I would like to see India condemn this incident...But here is a twist...How does India's stance matter any way? If India supports the refugee stand then ultimately this will legalize the millions of Bangladeshi who are illegally settled in India...And if India oppose Myanmar.... Myanmar will of course is at risk of going against India.....

So in a nutshell India will not gain anything by taking any stand....So the best it can do it is to discuss with BD Gov and India should take steps in which the position taken by BD GOv is supported.
I dont see any relation between rohingya refugees and bangladeshi illegals in India. Rohingyas are being oppressed and forced to leave, where as bangladeshis came of their own will for economic reason.
We have other refugee population like tibeteans and chakmas who were settled by govt due to threat on their life, you may compare with them.

No one discussing any way to fix the problem. talking of brotherhood non-sense. If bangladesh under UN doesn't go, why not send Pakistani force under UN. I am not mentioning indian army, because in the case of muslims they aren't professional. There is no point in pusing them back. You can not solve the problem being outside. You have to be inside. That is why I thought that Bangladesh or Pakistan, either or mix can work to stop this cleansing under UN banner.

The real solution actually lies in some secrecy, whatever be the plan no one will come to know. Everyone will see the result only through an inevitable incident. UN has failed for last more than 50 years on this issue, they have no stake in it now. Establishing peace there by UN will make the Rohingya an extinct on earth.

I'm still wondering as what India has to say on the matter. I understand that India has important interests in Myanmar, but one can't actually implement them properly if the country is so lawless where fighting still continues.

I'd say, regional network connectivity seems like a pipe dream. I never imagined things were this bad in Myanmar.

The real solution actually lies in some secrecy, whatever be the plan no one will come to know. Everyone will see the result only through an inevitable incident. UN has failed for last more than 50 years on this issue, they have no stake in it now. Establishing peace there by UN will make the Rohingya an extinct on earth.

The UN can be an option. It's just that no one actually took effective measures on the issue. And yes, we are partly to blame. All we need is gather support and exert pressure on Myanmar. Stability of that country is important.

Everything in Myanmar is so sectarian torn, we can't really place anything at the moment.

For Bangladesh, the best thing for now is to keep a very close eye on that country. And formulate accordingly.

^^^ It is obvious that the burmese military has popular support in this. The last thing you want to do condemn them or take strong stance(applies to third parties like India, US, China etc) , which will strengthen junta's hand and close the recently opened doors.

India also has north east security issue to take care of(one of main reason for befriending junta, other being economic integration), we can piss off bangladesh, but cant afford to antagonize burma.

^^^ It is obvious that the burmese military has popular support in this. The last thing you want to do condemn them or take strong stance(applies to third parties like India, US, China etc) , which will strengthen junta's hand and close the recently opened doors.

India also has north east security issue to take care of(one of main reason for befriending junta, other being economic integration), we can piss off bangladesh, but cant afford to antagonize burma.

I thought the security issues in NE India are more or less resolved?

Anyway, I hope that the Rohingya issue is solved at some point in time.

An astute observation. One of the key validations of junta rule was they alone were capable of holding together the union.

I'm still wondering as what India has to say on the matter. I understand that India has important interests in Myanmar, but one can't actually implement them properly if the country is so lawless where fighting still continues.

I'd say, regional network connectivity seems like a pipe dream. I never imagined things were this bad in Myanmar.

The UN can be an option. It's just that no one actually took effective measures on the issue. And yes, we are partly to blame. All we need is gather support and exert pressure on Myanmar. Stability of that country is important.

Everything in Myanmar is so sectarian torn, we can't really place anything at the moment.

For Bangladesh, the best thing for now is to keep a very close eye on that country. And formulate accordingly.

Sectarian problems won't be an issue for much longer (IMO anyway). These things are easily resolved when the economy booms. I'm pretty confident that Myanmar is on its way towards a very strong bull rally.

Back
Top Bottom