What's new

How China is driving the shift to electric vehicles , Germany is losing the EV race

How China is driving the shift to electric vehicles , Germany is losing the EV race​

Kind of ironic - eh ?

I remember a time couple decades ago, when VW cars assembled in China was major part of the industry and market. Guessing VW and Audi still have some share of the market, but Chinese brands have lion's share now in China, and soon all of Asia.

My - how times change... 8-)

Not sure when will be the next time I can travel to China but really looking forward to seeing a lot of the cool domestic EVs that I can’t see over here

Kind of ironic - eh ?

I remember a time couple decades ago, when VW cars assembled in China was major part of the industry and market. Guessing VW and Audi still have some share of the market, but Chinese brands have lion's share now in China, and soon all of Asia.

My - how times change... 8-)
chinese EVs are not cheap. NIO has showrooms here in Germany. the model et5 asks for 60,000-70,000 euros. that is ways to much. why should I buy chinese EVs if BMW i5 asks 70,000 euros as starting price?

1698475511071.png

wrong
german cars are superior to chinese cars.
LOL, wish they have good luck

I would trust german engineering over chinese engineering for EV cars with my hard earned cash of now ...

You can't do that with EVs. German cars are using Chinese batteries. Two of the largest battery companies in the world are CATL and BYD.

I would trust german engineering over chinese engineering for EV cars with my hard earned cash of now ...
I would trust Chinese engineering over German engineering for EV cars with my hard earned cash of now ...

Years ago I had a German car and I sold it, now I don't remember I have any German engineering products at all, cellphone, TV,desktop and laptop, aircondictioner, refrigerator, washing machine, and whole bunch of other electric and electronic appliances and devices... all were made in China. What else Germans make besides cars?

LOL, wish they have good luck

Let’s wait. The US taxes chinese EVs higher.
A matter of months the EU will tax the same rate.

wrong
german cars are superior to chinese cars.
No they aren’t. Test drove a Benz EV, was literally a fucking joke. Tackiest and most overvalued car ever. Volvos and Teslas were infinitely better.

Went to a Polestar (owned by Geely) dealership and was impressed by their models.

Germany is really falling behind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom