What's new

How Indian Troops Became the Backbone of the British Empire

i think losing India as colony was a huge blow for British economy and one of main reasons of Britain losing status of superpower

i think losing India as colony was a huge blow for British economy and one of main reasons of Britain losing status of superpower

Who gives a sh1t about the brits? What about the huge blow for India because some Indians sold out to the British?

is this supposed to be a good thing? this is an embarrasment , is this a troll or really is this supposed to be something honouring and good?

is this supposed to be a good thing? this is an embarrasment , is this a troll or really is this supposed to be something honouring and good?

It is how the British conquered India, and was probably the only way they could have done so. Britain used a strategy of Divide and Conquer, and mostly did pay local Indian troops to fight for them to build their empire.

And invited the Japanese hegemony upon us.

That was not what the Azad Hind army was about the aim was self rule for Indians, Bose had connections with Japan and Germany to help us achieve that goal.

That was not what the Azad Hind army was about the aim was self rule for Indians, Bose had connections with Japan and Germany to help us achieve that goal.

It wasn't that simple.

0000709795_0001.gif

read the rest here : THE RISE AND FALL OF THE INDIAN NATIONAL ARMY - CIA document

can someone explain this to me , i play alot of strategy and war games , i play a game called Empire total war , obviously i pick Ottoman Empire and ruling half of india and much of europe now , but in that game there is 2 factions in india , one is maratha confederancy , and the other mughal empire ( ruled by babur before who is a turk aswell) , and they are pretty strong in the game and its a very realistic game , and usually maratha and mughal is having war in the game ( as their diplomacy in the game aswell and very realistic ) so how did india go into british hands from mughals and maratha

and also these two factions are a major power in the game , along with ottoman , french , prussia , british , dutch , spanish and a few more

Intresting article I have not come across it before but it shows Gandhi and Nehru distrusted Bose and used the word 'extremism' yet if that means driving the British from India I would have welcomed it. Let's remember even the mighty Shivaji used guerrilla warfare tactics and hit and run type combat to crush the enemy. One must bear in mind this article is from the CIA who were at war with the Imperial Japanese army so it would be one sided and does not give a account of Bose's views on Japan or Germany and their support for the Azad Hind army.

can someone explain this to me , i play alot of strategy and war games , i play a game called Empire total war , obviously i pick Ottoman Empire and ruling half of india and much of europe now , but in that game there is 2 factions in india , one is maratha confederancy , and the other mughal empire ( ruled by babur before who is a turk aswell) , and they are pretty strong in the game and its a very realistic game , and usually maratha and mughal is having war in the game ( as their diplomacy in the game aswell and very realistic ) so how did india go into british hands from mughals and maratha

and also these two factions are a major power in the game , along with ottoman , french , prussia , british , dutch , spanish and a few more

Some locals sold their soul to the devil! It's as simple as that in my view!

Very simple they did it via the sea by destroying our merchant ships as we used to trade with Africa, Middle east etc they made sure we could not trade and so had to cut a deal and the rest is history as the East India company took over as the song goes ' Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves'

Some locals sold their soul to the devil! It's as simple as that in my view!

Not true it was blackmail via the sea

Back
Top Bottom