What's new

How much of Pakistani culture is Indian?

what is indian culture? it's a mixture of every thing that came from outside and local culture. Muslims had a huge influence on Indian society which hindus like to deny, after all muslims ruled india for almost a 1000 years.

Never ever denied the Muslim influence on Indian culture.They the part of the subcontinent after all.
At this point,let me tell you,Muslim culture does not mean Pakistani culture,the opposite may or may not be correct,its a different topic altogether.
But the title of the topic is about influence of Indian culture in Pakistan.So,please concentrate on that.

Mohiniyattam

artist_smitha_performance.jpg

oddisi

Odissi%20dancer%20-%20Kaustavi%20Sarkar.jpg

Sattriya

451px-Devika_Pulak_Borthaur_Sattriya_Dance_of_Assam.gif

other indian dance

Gaudiya Nritya-West bengal

image_gallery

Andhra Natyam and Vilasini Natyam-Andhra pradesh

2007122150590302.jpg

DSC_0056+F.jpg

Kerala Natanam

keralaNatanam2.jpg

My only take on culture etc topic that can be summed up in single line...However hard Pakistan tries or for that matter of fact any other country in indian subcontinent they cant escape from the shadows of India.

That's great stuff man, but nobody in Pakistan does this.

Of course they don't.
I do not want to sound smug, but the thing is most of the cultural aspects of Pakistan, can be found India (including your most prized dance form, mujra). But the reverse is not true.
In short, Pakistani culture is a subset of the much larger and varied Indian culture.

I've this theory that hitler went from IVC to germany not the other way round.he took the swastika with him as mark of pure aryan race.

His Aryan claims were BS at best, diluted as their bloodlines were.

Aryans were NEVER blond and blue eyed. Aryans were always dark haired and olive skinned.

There is a dark haired Scandinavian remote tribe which along with the Parsis of India have been linked to the closest we still have in the modern world of mixed bloodlines to the original Aryan race.

A good article indeed, expressing a point of view.

I sit in a group of friends who have different perceptions and views about Pakistan and India. It indeed is a marvelous mix. Most of them however, have never even been to India in their entire life. We all have met Indians from different parts of India in foreign countries and have a great regard for them. Many are good friends.

For most of us, India is a foreign country, some of whose people speak similar language. The culture that we see on Indian TV is almost completely alien to most of us except for some similarity in spoken language. And despite this, many people both Indian and Pakistani, say on the TV that we are the same people having the same culture. This indeed surprises us.

And when I see the Indians here who also have never been to Pakistan, say the same thing, I don't understand it - why do we say this when we are from two different entities. What is the reason for saying this. Why don't we respect each other for who we are rather than who we were.

Because we belong to different countries, we perceive our history differently. I don’t claim that because Muslims ruled India once, the whole of India should be mine. However, when I hear Indian views on PDF and on many other Indian forums, it really amuses me. And these views are overwhelmingly expressed by Indian Hindus.

Is there a loss that hurts them, is it a complex about their identity or the crisis therein, is it that they have found the India they wanted to rule after all this time, not in the manner they had hoped for, are they looking for an India of Chadragupt era – what is it that the current Indian Hindus seek from the present India, and what do they want the present India to become in future. It is very interesting to hear their different views.

If it impinges me and my identity – I am going to fight back. I am here to stay as me and no amount of India’s perceived Hindu history is going to change that.
Seems more than hindus who type on various forum about culture-vulture issues it affects you when you read all those stuff...If hindus can provoke just typing that it raises you BP then half of their success is confirmed. And all those success is displayed here in threads like these and articles and talk shows originating from pakistan on topic hindi overtaking urdu or bollywood indian serials etc are affecting the cultural values of pakistani kids youth etc.:lol:

Surprised.jpg

Pakistan shares some traits but that is common between neighboring nations. Denmark-Sweden-Norway; Portugal-Spain; USA-Canada.

But Pakistani culture diverged significantly after Partition - their embrace of Wahabi culture has led to a more Arabized culture; whereas the Muslim culture of India is more Persian. More Indian Muslims would say "Khuda Hafiz" ; more Pakistanis would say "Allah Hafiz".

Of course, Hindu culture is all but wiped out in present day Pakistan except for a few monuments. Sadly, even Sikh culture since present Pakistan is home to a lot of Sikh holy places.

Pakistan shares some traits but that is common between neighboring nations. Denmark-Sweden-Norway; Portugal-Spain; USA-Canada.

But Pakistani culture diverged significantly after Partition - their embrace of Wahabi culture has led to a more Arabized culture; whereas the Muslim culture of India is more Persian. More Indian Muslims would say "Khuda Hafiz" ; more Pakistanis would say "Allah Hafiz".

Of course, Hindu culture is all but wiped out in present day Pakistan except for a few monuments. Sadly, even Sikh culture since present Pakistan is home to a lot of Sikh holy places.
What cultural traits are common between say south and north india and east and west india?

As for "Allah Hafiz" is spoken among indian muslims too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom