What's new

How much of Pakistani culture is Indian?

Most visible similarity is the dress culture.
South ia adapting to punjabi salwar kameez so does that make southern culture similar to pakistani culture?Or for that matter of fact sarees being worn in south and in pakistan................

Lots of things, for example, both Bharatnatyam and Kathak are inspired by ancient mythical stories.
The themes of the ballads are similar although the narration maybe different!
There are similarities in sculptures as can be seen in various ancient temples.
Plenty more...
I found south indian temples and sculptures depiction quite difeerent from their northern counter parts as for religion defining the culture through epic s then i must say pakistanis are not wrong when they say that their culture is arab culture.

These Indians are the people that say our culture is the same, when If I fired my rifle, they would start crying and trashing the country as unsafe. I really don't get it.

No offences but for unknown reasons your post reminded me of LAALTOPI ZAID HAMEED with Rifle.

Mujra originated in India from Kathak dance form but Pakistanis copied it making it vulgar.

Yes, they have Pakistani version of History, Pakistani Version of Islam, Pakistani version of bolywood movies, then why not Pakistani version of MUJRA man??

They mess with everything that comes to them copy or alter it and get proud with final product or their version and chest thumping that the version created by them is better than original one.

They claim about better music when most of music raaga, todi, saptsur, musical instruments they use are totally invented by indians mostly hindus & originated from our lands.

It is other way around, much of the Indian culture is adoped from Mogual, Central Asian, Persian and a number of other influences.

Are you talking about a hindu culture or Indian culture??

Hindu culture relates only to Hindus, while Indian cultures has shades of hindu, portugese, islamic, buddhist, jain, n many more cultures.

Yes Our Indian culture is influenced by Moghul, Central Asian, Persian & no. of the other stuff but all these cultures collectively could not influence it more than HINDU culture. Hindu here means the culture of this land, culture of the people born & buried in this soil.

Language, religion, rituals forms culture.isnt it??

Hindi,Hinduism, Our rituals are indigenous & unique, it was followed by our ancestors 1000s years ago & followed in same form by us. Other influences are like added spices or flavours to the main dish.

1. Israeli have Christianity culture if you didnt notice... Look at Jerusalem.
2. what istanbul people claim is not our problem
3. WE can calim IVC as its our culture, and it was in our region, you cannot because you are dravidian. goodbye

Ya bloody Pindu...
How about naming one aspect of similarity between your supposed "Pakistani Culture" and that of the IVC...

Hell screw that...why not just start by listing the aspects of "culture" of IVC...

People of the subcontinent weren't even aware of IVC's existence until an Englishman dug up the excavations to bring this to light...
Now you're claiming that your people share a culture with a lost civilization which your people weren't even aware of?!!!

Im starting to think that stupidity is contagious and Pakistan is on the brink of an epidemic.....You might just be patient zero...Your cheerleader RazPak Victim#1..LOL!

PS: I would start by mastering the understanding of your own culture before commenting on Israelis...Christians and other ethnic groups

1. Israeli have Christianity culture if you didnt notice... Look at Jerusalem.
2. what istanbul people claim is not our problem
3. WE can calim IVC as its our culture, and it was in our region, you cannot because you are dravidian. goodbye

Which part of the IVC is part of contemporary Pakistani culture? Can you name ONE aspect? Just one will do.

Do you know what Dravidian means?

It is other way around, much of the Indian culture is adoped from Mogual, Central Asian, Persian and a number of other influences.

Certain parts of India have been influenced by the above....north India maybe..

But as one moves to the North East, South West and Deep South the influence wanes significantly..

So generalizing to "much of Indian culture" is wrong...

I do not believe there is a homogenous Indian culture (even Hindus from various parts of India have differences in their style of worship, celebration, marriages etc)...

In my my opinion, India is a group of 30 different odd races each with a unique culture, language, style of dressing etc..
What binds us is common history/historical experiences...in some cases religion and of course an innate sense of being part of the Indian nationality

Which part of the IVC is part of contemporary Pakistani culture? Can you name ONE aspect? Just one will do.

Do you know what Dravidian means?

Mr. Shearer...

Frankly speaking there is no known cure for ignorance and stupidity..If you can change that you deserve an award...

You have a daunting task ahead of you...and I see you've been at it for days/months now

EzioAltaïr;3455269 said:
No he doesn't know what it means. Hasn't he made it terribly obvious already?

Mr. Shearer...

Frankly speaking there is no known cure for ignorance and stupidity..If you can change that you deserve an award...

You have a daunting task ahead of you...and I see you've been at it for days/months now

I am puzzled.

This has been explained so many times already. Some ox-like members insist on returning to the erroneous explanation again and again. Maybe it is to be irritating; perhaps some schoolboys think it hugely amusing. But is this person a schoolboy? Surely not? Then why the mind-numbing stupid replies?

South ia adapting to punjabi salwar kameez so does that make southern culture similar to pakistani culture?Or for that matter of fact sarees being worn in south and in pakistan................

In Pakistan sari is considered as a symbol of nudity whereas in India and Bangladesh people don't have such narrow-mindedness.

India is mostly Dravidians people who migrated north.. These Dravidians from Australia claim the IVC which without, South Asia would be unexplored... Loser Dravidians!!

Ya bloody Pindu...
How about naming one aspect of similarity between your supposed "Pakistani Culture" and that of the IVC...

Hell screw that...why not just start by listing the aspects of "culture" of IVC...

People of the subcontinent weren't even aware of IVC's existence until an Englishman dug up the excavations to bring this to light...
Now you're claiming that your people share a culture with a lost civilization which your people weren't even aware of?!!!

Im starting to think that stupidity is contagious and Pakistan is on the brink of an epidemic.....You might just be patient zero...Your cheerleader RazPak Victim#1..LOL!

PS: I would start by mastering the understanding of your own culture before commenting on Israelis...Christians and other ethnic groups

IVC was always there... It kept on carrying on... You are saying after the old IVC ended, no one lived near the Indus River? No buddy, thats where everyone wanted to be... Now hush Dravidians and sticks with yor Ganges

India is mostly Dravidians people who migrated north.. These Dravidians from Australia claim the IVC which without, South Asia would be unexplored... Loser Dravidians!!

I believe you are also an imported product in Pakistan from India. :lol::lol:

In Pakistan sari is considered as a symbol of nudity whereas in India and Bangladesh people don't have such narrow-mindedness.

You shouldnt care what we wear... Anytime you see a burqa in India you label the person behind it a ISI agent... Why so much hate against Indian Muslims???? ;)

I believe you are also an imported product in Pakistan from India. :lol::lol:

There was no India before 1947

Didn't do so.. for a very long time.. infact brought in a lot of converts who were tired of their daughters being burnt right after their old husbands died. The confrontation is only what has been taught in text books.. based on stories of invaders whose motivations were clearly much closer to those of Alexander than that of spreading the religion.

You seem to be mixing two social evils together child marriage and sati.

While it (sati) was done for different reasons over various periods of time and ultimately became a dirty tool in hands of men/ women / families or community leaders etc; it was done so that women who suffer the most in war are not frisked away to harems or the beds of invaders. Particularly Rajputana is famous as they mostly fought against Muslim Invaders. How it spread isn't much of a rocket science.

Regarding Child marriage also the Muslim Invasions were very helpful. Again the suffering woman instead of bringing dishonor to the father's house name by being raped or taken away was sent away early to the household where she would be either safe or bring ignominy to their house name.

Back
Top Bottom