What's new

How secular, really, is India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheesh...open a dictionary...

Kafirs refers to all non-muslims, not just Hindus....

Basically its derogatory. And yeah....I'm a Kaffir and proud.

No, it refers to the people not of the book, i.e. the people who are of the book are those who derive their religions from jewish heritage, so jews, christians and muslims are not them.

NEW DELHI - Groups of Hindus and Muslims clashed after India’s victory over Pakistan in the cricket Twenty20 World Championships leaving 23 injured in India’s northern Jammu and Kashmir state, officials and news reports said Tuesday.

Quoting police sources, the PTI news agency reported that 23 men were injured in the clash in Rajouri town which borders Pakistan, shortly after India’s win on Monday night, forcing authorities to impose prohibitory orders in the area.

Police said the trouble began after some Muslims hurled stones at Hindus bursting crackers at a main intersection in the town.

Some youth who were dancing to celebrate the victory, were injured, provoking other members of the group to charge back and attack, resulting in clashes which spread to three areas in the town, police said.

The report said that 23 people were injured, among them four police.

However, police maintained that only seven people were injured.

‘According to our information, only seven people were injured in the clash. The others received superficial and minor injuries in the stone-pelting,’ senior police officer TR Katoch said.

He added that paramilitary forces and police were patrolling sensitive areas in view of the tension prevailing in Rajouri.

Another clash between the two communities was reported from a village in the north-eastern state of Assam.

The PTI reported that the police had to fire in the air to disperse the crowd and the situation was brought under control as the crowds dispersed.

Millions of cricket-crazy Indians had erupted with joy on Monday night as India recorded the nail-biting win over traditional rivals Pakistan in Johannesburg, the country’s first major cricket triumph since the 1983 World Cup.

Cricket has scores of die-hard fans in India and Pakistan which were formed after the partition of the subcontinent at the end of British rule in 1947.

While Pakistan opted to be an Islamic republic, Hindu-dominated India chose a secular constitution. Passions reach a fever-pitch in both the South Asian countries whenever their teams face each other on the cricket field.

Nothing to worry about guys....just your average garden-variety riot.

Adux,

Really! Thank you for proving how a "capable troll" you really are. My responses was mainly targetted at you, and you proved them worth while.

While other good citizens of yours were to engage in an unnecessary unfriendly discussion.

Thanks.

Wow webby at his best.
Not akzaman, not munshi, not alkhanda...but ebby should be awarded the best evertime troll of PFF award...lol

Wow webby at his best.
Not akzaman, not munshi, not alkhanda...but ebby should be awarded the best evertime troll of PFF award...lol

Well if you're picking out random people to award them for best troll then....

Why don't you pick yourself as the most diseased and unstable troll on this site? :lol:

Basically its derogatory. And yeah....I'm a Kaffir and proud.

lets all call you kaffir from now on.

Kafir is used by the Qur'an for people who were guilty of rejection or non-acceptance of what it says is the truth, even after it has supposedly become fully apparent to them, while non-Muslim is primarily a term implying a person who does not ascribe to the Islamic faith

Well if you're picking out random people to award them for best troll then....

Why don't you pick yourself as the most diseased and unstable troll on this site? :lol:

We are no match to the ultimate one.

we Bangladeshis are constantly reminded by Indian ministers or envoys how Bangladesh is not a secular country or as secular as India,so I ask the Indians here what does secularism mean to you?this is no attack or mocking just asking.
personally I consider West Bengal to be one true secular place in whole of India,though I could be wrong.
oh another question,is beef now commonly consumed by the Hindu population of India?Pig isn't consumed here in BD but alcohol and a lot of other things are but then again we are not wholly secular.

Wow webby at his best.

Do you deny Babri Masjid, Gujrat and burning of Samjota Express passengers, are you not ashamed and cannot condemn the Hindu terrorism?

we Bangladeshis are constantly reminded by Indian ministers or envoys how Bangladesh is not a secular country or as secular as India,so I ask the Indians here what does secularism mean to you?this is no attack or mocking just asking.
personally I consider West Bengal to be one true secular place in whole of India,though I could be wrong.
oh another question,is beef now commonly consumed by the Hindu population of India?Pig isn't consumed here in BD but alcohol and a lot of other things are but then again we are not wholly secular.

Secularism is not about what one eat or drink. It is how the constitution keeps itself away from the religion and treats people of all religion equally. In India the constitution treats all religion equal. Pakistan is not secular since its constitution is based on religion. I have no idea about BD constitution and no comments about it.

You can also say that India is not true secular, since it provides some more freedom for minorities. For example the donations collected by churches and masjids are used by themselves. The donations collected in temples are used by the government(some exceptions). The minority educational institutions enjoy more benefits. Muslims have seperate civil laws which is governed by muslim personal law board.

People's action should not be used to judge a country's secular characteristics. There are bad people everywhere.

People's action should not be used to judge a country's secular characteristics. There are bad people everywhere.

when was the last time you heard that some one demolished a mosque in Sweden? do they have angry mob lynchings in USA? Do they kill people while police watch the game? do they set fire to railways? or send agents up north to create havoc & chaos?

yep, just the few apples we able to elect the fascist BJP gov.

I have no idea about BD constitution and no comments about it.
the only religious doctrines that have been absorbed into the constitution I know of were marriage laws(divorce and marriage both,including child custody but its changing) ,laws on inheritance and the law dictating Islam to be the state religion.Other than these three we have got separate laws for Hindus for marriage and divorce and for the Christians also.Christmas and Puja days are public holidays along with the two eids.
But adulterers and adulteresses are not sent to jail or fined and murderers(sometimes they are both ,adulterers and murderers) are not executed.so things here are not getting only secular they are also getting liberal.
so yes ours is a mix ,I like it that way;I don't like discarding traditional values ,call me backwards if you like.we just need to improve in some sectors though.we need to get conservative on some issues.
There has obviously been a lot of bad governance so I can't claim minorities were given their full rights.attacks on minorities by a certain section of people gives an image like as if we are all religious minded extremists,yes I concur with you therefore.

Secularism is not about what one eat or drink.
dude times for us Muslims are nowadays such that stuff like these matters.forgive me for asking but yes I am curious.

No, it refers to the people not of the book, i.e. the people who are of the book are those who derive their religions from jewish heritage, so jews, christians and muslims are not them.

Then why do mullahs periodically call the Americans and Jews Infidels and Khuffars? Didin't they learn up their islamic theory well enough?

Can't all the mullah's around the world sort out their definitions before calling other people names like little kids?

Do you deny Babri Masjid, Gujrat and burning of Samjota Express passengers, are you not ashamed and cannot condemn the Hindu terrorism?

Where the did u see me giving them a clean rep?Why dont you go thru the Gujarat thread or bari masjid thread and see how many Indians incl me has supported that.

We dont justify deplorable acts such as above as a 'justified repurcassion of something else'. Pakistanis ( almost all), blame the US/UK/NATO/Kashmir/India for all the terror activites done in Europe and Asia.

Secularism is not about what one eat or drink. It is how the constitution keeps itself away from the religion and treats people of all religion equally. In India the constitution treats all religion equal. Pakistan is not secular since its constitution is based on religion. I have no idea about BD constitution and no comments about it.

You can also say that India is not true secular, since it provides some more freedom for minorities. For example the donations collected by churches and masjids are used by themselves. The donations collected in temples are used by the government(some exceptions). The minority educational institutions enjoy more benefits. Muslims have seperate civil laws which is governed by muslim personal law board.

India is not secular even in its constitution!

Why do you guys give such an idiotic example of what secularism is! A proper defination of secularism would be when minorities in a nation feel they are accepted and treated equally. When they don't feel that there is discrimination against them and that the majority is treated better than them. If seculrism is about the constitution then the constitution of any country will be based more on religion the fewer the minorities are!

:hitwall: Why don't you understand that Pakistan is barely 4% minorities while India is about 20%!!!

A country cannot pick out a small group from its population and base its policies to suit that group! Pakistan cannot pick out 1.2% Hindus and give them all the powers of the world while ignoring the 96.3% muslims in the country! I know that is what Indians actually think secularism is as they treat the muslims like dogs but unfortunately it cannot be done as we see it as unfair! ;) Rana Bhagwandas is a Hindu and there are numerous other Hindu's in the government! We have some extremely loyal Sikhs and Chrisians here... both groups very proud to be Pakistanis! Please don't spread rubbish!

A famed national hero, Shaheed or martyr, is Cecil Chaudhry has was awarded Pakistan's highest honour posthumously for defending his country during the war against neighbouring India.

Christians see Cecil as their own national hero and an example for them to fight in the army! ;)

:woot: The donations from temples are used by the government... woah! I'd like you to tell this to some pandit guy and see how happy he will be with this information... I'm glad that I am here to blow your bubble... where did this one come from? Would the Hindu extremists leave the government alone if they were taking donations from sacred places as temples and using them for personal satisfaction rather than for the benefit of the religion?

And I think the statement below will sum up my post:

Comparing the population of muslims in India and the population of muslims in parliament... we should be ashamed! There should be atleast one muslim out of every ten people in parliament!

Muslims make up 13.5% of the Indian population so he says that there should be atleast 1 muslim out of every 10 people in the Indian parliament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom