What's new

How to Join PAF as GDP | Main Thread

Well I have been doing pull ups regularly and they had a great impact on my height but it has been stuck at 161cm for a few months. Well i believe that i can get a few inches increase in my height if i regularly work on my height but also i am preparing for my board examination due to which i am unable to exercise that much and also i have seen my brother attaining 5'7'' height b/w 17-18 age. So i am much optimistic about it but i cannot wait a whole year to get into PAF also i dont want to get into this application sort of thing. So i think i will give up Paf test.

Region also affects height too much. Average height in south asia is 5'4''

Region doesn't affect height bro .. U are young and there is a chance of medical staff at selection centre giving u a relaxation so u should try for PAF. And keep exercising it will surely have an effect and don't lose hope dear.

Right and I'm only half Arab and I got the taller genes. Why is the average so short though?

Region affects height but not how you think. Nutrition, environment, etc all effect height. That's why in America most of the Pakistanis here are either tall or average 5 feet 9 inches because more available diet, different environment.

I myself am 6 ft tall, 18 yrs old.

Region doesn't affect height bro .. U are young and there is a chance of medical staff at selection centre giving u a relaxation so u should try for PAF. And keep exercising it will surely have an effect and don't lose hope dear.
Ok. I will give it a try and thanks for telling me.
Right and I'm only half Arab and I got the taller genes. Why is the average so short though?

Region affects height but not how you think. Nutrition, environment, etc all effect height. That's why in America most of the Pakistanis here are either tall or average 5 feet 9 inches because more available diet, different environment.
Tallness is a gene dependent trait. By region i was referring to population genetics. With the exception of food diet and environment, there are more people with recessive gene i.e shortness here in sub continent and some parts of Asia. So average height here is less due to this reason.

I
For the record i am a patriotic ordinary civilian of Pakistan.I have been investigating/inquiring about the ways to get recruited in the armed forces but i have come across a problem that lies within the recruitment method of Pakistan air-force/army/navy. My main objective is to highlight the problem that is invisible to the recruiters and give reason and evidence for how it is a problem and how would it benefit the system and the organization if it is no longer there.

I will comprehensively explain what is the nature of the problem.First we need to establish that no idea or system is above scrutiny and no matter how well thought or organized it may be, It will always have potential flaws. As a person with limited knowledge i have found one flaw which is worth mentioning.

During the selection procedure the candidates are required to meet the physical,academic and intellectual standards that are already set as a standard and baseline filters.Now, I don't have any reasons to object the physical or cognitive element of the standard, But the academic one.Now,in order for a candidate to even apply for induction he must have obtained at-least 60% marks in intermediate. which acts as a baseline filter. It is the first demand and criterion and it is supposed to root out the Ones which are less worthy from the ones which are more worthy.But the primary mechanism of this filter is distillation based on good grades.Which is not the best of methods for refining the human resource. Why? Because grades/marks in a academic certificate are a representation of one's knowledge that one retains at the time of examination.This knowledge is taught using primitive teaching methods that have never been subjected to modernization since the industrial revolution. Now i don't imply that we shouldn't have any standard at all. But the standard we have is obsolete and outdated. So basically, when we are giving privilege to a Good grader over a Bad grader then all we end up doing is giving privilege to the ability of memorization over more important abilities such as leadership, problem solving, organization, ethics, confidence, expertise, communication, honesty, integrity and the best of all ingenuity. In the first phase a lot of good and potential candidates are rejected as unqualified which may have lacked a bit in memorization but might prove to be excellent in other abilities.Now this is disastrous for an institution like air-force/army/navy to not get best of what its country has to offer.And i am sure people in the army can guess the drawbacks far much better then i can. So I humbly request the people responsible to immediately asses the gravity of the current standard's implications and make appropriate policies and standards which would not only remove the loop holes left, but also create more opportunities for the people who really deserve to serve the armed forces.

Totally agreed with you. I myself dreamed of becoming a Pilot since my childhood but the unfair checking of Intermediate Board got me very low marks like most of the students as a matter of fact they never give the marks to the repeaters. There are so many candidates who are exceptionally good in Physical. Medical and Intelligence but are unable to pursue because of low marks. They need to introduce a system like universities open-merit / test-based process an aggregate of overall Score (Academic 40% + Test 60%), Maybe make the test a bit more tougher but at least give them a chance for heaven's sake!

In this connection, if any one need help and further guidance, may contact

In this connection, if any one need help and further guidance, may contact

Can I join PAF as GDP after BS or foundation year?
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

Salam sir i have a major probelem related to my academics and i am highly patriotic and passionate about my country and i know i have skills i am brave i am focused and dedicated to my wprk but when ot comes to academics i am weak and if i discuss it in my family and mention the 60 % - 65% requirement they say that they will put u as a guard in this percentage i am practising for tests and doing exercises for my height increase and try to keep my self medically fit and my eyesight is also perfect the main problems that come is my academics can u please HELP and i am in the first part of FSC AND also i do Niqaab will it be aproblem on Air Force?
Jazakillah,
Thank u in Advance,
Regards

can I be a traitorous wing commander in PAF ?

last moment pe of bailing out, like the good baniya that I am, aur kya ? :)

1654170921606.png

In this Thread there is all the information you need in order to find if you qualify for GDP or not , & if you do what you need to do next . so instead of opening new thread you can find all information here , & all your questions should be addressed here.

Age Requirements: 16 to 22 years

Nationality:
Male/Female citizens of Pakistan. (Candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender their foreign nationality upon joining the course otherwise their candidates will be cancelled).

Educational Qualification:
A Candidate must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in any of the following:
  • HSSC/FSC (Pre Engineering /Pre Medical)
  • Senior Cambridge in five subjects and should have passed Physics and Maths or Biology in A Level.
  • Intermediate with Physics and any two of Maths, Statistics, Biology and Computer Science. (Equivalence certificate in case of foreign qualified)

Marital Status: Unmarried Male/Female citizens of Pakistan.

Selection Procedure:

Registration at PAF Information & Selection Centre: candidates are required to register themselves in the PAF Information and selection centres situated in the following cities in Pakistan,

Abbotabad: 310, Mansehra Road, Near Ayub Medical complex, Abbottabad

Phone: 0992-385157

Bahawalpur: 10-A Extension Scheme Sattelite Town, Bahawalpur

Phone: 0621-9250103

Faisalabad: Main Jhang Road, Near 64 Pulley Stop, Faisalabad

Phone: 041- 9201199

Hyderabad: 49, Salahudin Road, Hyderabad

Phone: 022 9200936

Karachi: Main Shahra-e-Faisal, Near PAF Base, Faisal, Karachi

Phone: 021 99240999, 99547911

Lahore: 14, Munir Road, Munir Chowk, (Near PAF Cinema), Lahore

Phone: 042 99220084

Mianwali: TMA Rest House, Balu Khail Road, Committee Chowk, Mianwali

Phone: 0459 234397

Multan: 217, Sher Shah Road, Multan

Phone: 061 9201183

Peshawar: 9, The Mall, Peshawar

Phone: 091 9210829

Quetta: MA, Jinnah Road, Quetta

Phone: 081 9201753

Rawalpindi: 3, The Mall, opposite AFIC, Rawalpindi

Phone: 051 5701143

Sukkur: Minara Road, opposite Govt. Islamia College,Sukkur

Phone: 071 9310409

Intelligence Test followed by Academic Test in Physics & English: Intelligence tests are followed after the registration; these tests are conducted in the selection centers followed by Physics and English academic tests.

Preliminary Medical Examination and Interview at Selection Centre:

Medical examinations are held by a Medical officer of the PAF in selection centers, Medical examinations usually carry out Height,weight, eye sight and chest inflation tests with other important tests, Interviews are conducted by the Officer Commanding of the Selection centres and Psychologist officers.

Tests at ISSB:
After succeeding and going through medical and intelligence tests, the successful candidates are given a call by the ISSB and are brought over for a 5 day series of tests in Kohat, Gujranwala and Malir( Karachi) any location near to the address of the candidate.

Medical Examination at CMB:

Recommended candidates are then referred to CMB (Central Medical Board) after ISSB, these examinations are held in PAF Base Masroor and is a procedure taking almost 2 to 3 days.

Flying Aptitude Test:

After Recommended by the Medical Board, successful candidates are then scheduled for flying aptitude tests that is held at PAF I&S Centre, Karachi, The flying aptitude test is the most difficult step in becoming a GD pilot, as it acquires the reflex and concentration of candidates

After the above tests, Selected and successful candidates are then finally Selected in the order of merit by the Air Headquarters and are then sent to training at the PAF academy Risalpur where they have a three and a half years of studies up to BSc and basic flying training at PAF Academy, Risalpur.

Commissioning:

On successful completion of training, the Aviation Cadets are commissioned in the GD (P) Branch of the PAF.

If any further questions post here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom