What's new

How to join Pakistan Air Force (PAF)?

Assalamualikum.
I have a question, currently I am doing my Bsc. in Electronics from a well known university here in Karachi, my session would be ending till mid next year(2011). I am interested in applying in PAF but kind of confuse as to what to apply in? I am an average student and got 60% in intermediate and have done O'levels, so can anyone guide me in which field can I apply in?
Thank you.

You can apply for logistics branch and for engineering branch as well if your BSc in a four year degree. you will need equivalent certificate coz you have done O levels.

Hi,

I have question, i would be very happy if anybody can reply to that.
I have applied for the SSC IT seat in PAF. I wanted to know that will i be kicked off from forces after 10 years or it can be extended.? Any chance of getting permanent status.
If the service period cannot be extended what will forces give me on my retirement.?

Another thing that was bothering me that Army gives Captain rank and 2 years seniority if you get selected as a IT professional why PAF is giving Pilot officer rank to IT professionals and Flight Officer to Logistics Professionals.?

Am i ok for Air force my physical features

Height 5feet 8 inches,Weight 58KG
Age 17 years and 7 months

i am worried about my height..am i ok for air force applying the the current height?

hi... i m 18 years old , i want to join Paf as GDP..... i am in Fsc. pre-enginering part -2 ... can u tell me when will admissions for Gdp open?
thnx.....plz reply :confused:

Am i ok for Air force my physical features

Height 5feet 8 inches,Weight 58KG
Age 17 years and 7 months

i am worried about my height..am i ok for air force applying the the current height?

minimum req for height is 5'4 and your height is good..don't worry about that...

Hi,

I have question, i would be very happy if anybody can reply to that.
I have applied for the SSC IT seat in PAF. I wanted to know that will i be kicked off from forces after 10 years or it can be extended.? Any chance of getting permanent status.
If the service period cannot be extended what will forces give me on my retirement.?

Another thing that was bothering me that Army gives Captain rank and 2 years seniority if you get selected as a IT professional why PAF is giving Pilot officer rank to IT professionals and Flight Officer to Logistics Professionals.?

after 10 years, you will be retired. Your status of SSC can be extended or converted into PC based on your performance, But for PC you have to clear ISSB.

Asalam wa Laikum want to join PAF as a General Duty Pilot.. for this i have started physical preparation, i have also changed my habits i wake up at 5.30am in the morning i am also running and going to gym daily running is about 1.2km approx...so please all the seniors guide me that am i an the right path. I have no idea about ISSB its test`s so should i join the training centers which prepare for ISSB my BMI is 29. And current weight is 96kg age is 17..so hell i am really over weight for my age please. i dont smoke...please give me some tips to increase my stamina. Thank you:pakistan:

hi any one,
&
ASSALAM O ALAIKUM,

sir, i m new in defence forum, and I m confused due to reasons.
1. i am 27 years old and LLB. and also doing a job in a private bank, where i am getting 12000/- p.m but i m much interested to join pak army. that's why, when i saw the add in a newspaper that PAF required LLB graduates below 30y, through Shot Service Commission.
then,
i approached to my manager for granting me departmental latter for PAF but he refused. so, i registered myself showing a lawyer as i m a enroled.
now, i have passed my Intelligence test to medical at PAF req center Karachi, and date is given to me for Psychological interview. I hope that, INSHA ALLAH , if ALLAH want than, I will pass.
but,
its not a matter that, whether I pass or not.
but

a boy told me there at PAF center, that, if u r selected than only a Temporary commission will given 2 you for only 5 years , that, it is up to PAF that they can extend or not. but if extended they will only give u 14 years to serve in PAF and u will be retired by PAF as a SQ. Leader.

sir, now my questions starts...........??????????????

1- whether, SSC in given only for the period of 14 years?
2- in 14 years, a SSC officer in promoted if Yes, then, HOW???????
3- whether, a retired SSC is entitled for pension?
4- if an SSC officer is retired as a Flying LT. or Sq. Leader than how much gratuity, he is gotting??
5- How much pension per month he is getting if todays he retired after 14 y?
6- whether, SSC can be converted in PC? if yes, How much is Percentage?????

sir, actually facts are that. that, i m only a earning member of my family, my father has died. and todays m working in a Bank.
suppose
if i join PAF and after 5 years PAF says " now, u can go " than????
after 5 years, i will over age and no one appoint me???
if thay (PAF) ectended SSC till 14 y, than, How, much Pension i will got monthly???????????????????

sir, I want to join PAF by hook or crook but, with the job satisfaction.
sir,
only serious member, give its answer with all ups and downs of SSC.
for answer..............
not only me but approx. 34 to 40 boys are waiting for.................
thanks
kindly reply soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:sniper::pakistan:

Asalam wa Laikum want to join PAF as a General Duty Pilot.. for this i have started physical preparation, i have also changed my habits i wake up at 5.30am in the morning i am also running and going to gym daily running is about 1.2km approx...so please all the seniors guide me that am i an the right path. I have no idea about ISSB its test`s so should i join the training centers which prepare for ISSB my BMI is 29. And current weight is 96kg age is 17..so hell i am really over weight for my age please. i dont smoke...please give me some tips to increase my stamina. Thank you:pakistan:

Salam...
I am not senior member but i am also planning to join PAF as a GDP Pilot. U are right about ur weight it is just too high.. u need to change Ur diet and do the jog as u are doing it currently... and stop eating carbo hydrates....:pakistan:

hi any one,
&
ASSALAM O ALAIKUM,

sir, i m new in defence forum, and I m confused due to reasons.
1. i am 27 years old and LLB. and also doing a job in a private bank, where i am getting 12000/- p.m but i m much interested to join pak army. that's why, when i saw the add in a newspaper that PAF required LLB graduates below 30y, through Shot Service Commission.
then,
i approached to my manager for granting me departmental latter for PAF but he refused. so, i registered myself showing a lawyer as i m a enroled.
now, i have passed my Intelligence test to medical at PAF req center Karachi, and date is given to me for Psychological interview. I hope that, INSHA ALLAH , if ALLAH want than, I will pass.
but,
its not a matter that, whether I pass or not.
but

a boy told me there at PAF center, that, if u r selected than only a Temporary commission will given 2 you for only 5 years , that, it is up to PAF that they can extend or not. but if extended they will only give u 14 years to serve in PAF and u will be retired by PAF as a SQ. Leader.

sir, now my questions starts...........??????????????

1- whether, SSC in given only for the period of 14 years?
2- in 14 years, a SSC officer in promoted if Yes, then, HOW???????
3- whether, a retired SSC is entitled for pension?
4- if an SSC officer is retired as a Flying LT. or Sq. Leader than how much gratuity, he is gotting??
5- How much pension per month he is getting if todays he retired after 14 y?
6- whether, SSC can be converted in PC? if yes, How much is Percentage?????

sir, actually facts are that. that, i m only a earning member of my family, my father has died. and todays m working in a Bank.
suppose
if i join PAF and after 5 years PAF says " now, u can go " than????
after 5 years, i will over age and no one appoint me???
if thay (PAF) ectended SSC till 14 y, than, How, much Pension i will got monthly???????????????????

sir, I want to join PAF by hook or crook but, with the job satisfaction.
sir,
only serious member, give its answer with all ups and downs of SSC.
for answer..............
not only me but approx. 34 to 40 boys are waiting for.................
thanks
kindly reply soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:sniper::pakistan:

R u married or not.. If not then marry now.. and if u have kids which are big enough to start making money in the next 5 or 10 years.. then don't worry.. lol... :pakistan: :hitwall: :victory:

A.A. I am an a level student, 17 years old girl. i have opted chem, phy, bio. and also psychology. i want to know what branches i am eligible for ? what would be the requirements in academics and physical ? i have searched a lot but i couldnt clearly understand a girls future in pakistan air force. i want to be a fighter pilot though but i have heard they dont let girls fly the planes. please help me out i shall be thankful. thanks alot.

AoA !!

I have applied SSC in IT branch of PAF recently !! Have passed my initial tests (Intelligence, Academic and Medical) !! Did appear for interview too !! Did reasonably ok in the interview !!

Now they have said to wait for list on 10th of January and only selected candidates will be invited for psychological test later !!

So can anyone guide me about merit criteria for this selection ?? I.E. what aspects will be considered before making the final list ?? Is this selection based on Interview only ?? Or other aspects (Academic record, marks in intelligence/ Academic test) are also considered before selecting the candidates for next phase?? As my Academic record is very good , clinched Silver medal in BS degree and also did well in Initieal tests but my interview went just ok not great .... So what are my chances?

Can anyone guide me in detail please?? Thanks in Advance :)

AoA !!

I have applied SSC in IT branch of PAF recently !! Have passed my initial tests (Intelligence, Academic and Medical) !! Did appear for interview too !! Did reasonably ok in the interview !!

Now they have said to wait for list on 10th of January and only selected candidates will be invited for psychological test later !!

So can anyone guide me about merit criteria for this selection ?? I.E. what aspects will be considered before making the final list ?? Is this selection based on Interview only ?? Or other aspects (Academic record, marks in intelligence/ Academic test) are also considered before selecting the candidates for next phase?? As my Academic record is very good , clinched Silver medal in BS degree and also did well in Initieal tests but my interview went just ok not great .... So what are my chances?

Can anyone guide me in detail please?? Thanks in Advance :)

I guess they will consider your test, medical, interview and your qualifications...i have also applied for logistics branch, cleared my tests and medical and interviewed on 28. I remember, interviewer was looking at my academic degrees closely and was noting down something...my interview was ok... he didn't ask me anything special, just a chit chat for 10 mins..." What do your father do, are you doing a job, what was your pay, why did you leave your job, why you wanna join airforce, about your siblings..that's it..

Inform me what you were asked by interviewer?

Regards,
Ahmed

I guess they will consider your test, medical, interview and your qualifications...i have also applied for logistics branch, cleared my tests and medical and interviewed on 28. I remember, interviewer was looking at my academic degrees closely and was noting down something...my interview was ok... he didn't ask me anything special, just a chit chat for 10 mins..." What do your father do, are you doing a job, what was your pay, why did you leave your job, why you wanna join airforce, about your siblings..that's it..

Regards,
Ahmed

Thanks Ahmed for d reply !!! Well i was interviewed on 27th .. Interviewer was Squadron Leader (Psychologist) ... When i entered he initially did focus on my hair style and asked whether i m using wig .. http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/cheesy.gif

I replied NO they are original ... Dn He did ask about my siblings, thr occupation, my qualification , father's occupation, about my current Job and current Salary !!Didn't check any of my educational documents and didn't note anything ... Dn he asked do i have Nasal operation , I replied NO !! Dn Asked do you have (Some strange disease name) Operation !! I replied NO !! (He was staring at me during the process and was observing my facial expressions) . Again asked the same question that whether m having Operation in Childhood ... I replied again NO SIR !! Again he said NO !! I replied NO !!

That's all ... He indicated me to go !!! http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/hitwall.gif

And All the best dude !!!

Regards,
Ahmed

Thanks Ahmed for d reply !!! Well i was interviewed on 27th .. Interviewer was Squadron Leader (Psychologist) ... When i entered he initially did focus on my hair style and asked whether i m using wig .. :cheesy:

I replied NO they are original ... Dn He did ask about my siblings, thr occupation, my qualification , father's occupation, about my current Job and current Salary !!Didn't check any of my educational documents and didn't note anything ... Dn he asked do i have Nasal operation , I replied NO !! Dn Asked do you have (Some strange disease name) Operation !! I replied NO !! (He was staring at me during the process and was observing my facial expressions) . Again asked the same question that whether m having Operation in Childhood ... I replied again NO SIR !! Again he said NO !! I replied NO !!

That's all ... He indicated me to go !!! :hitwall:

And All the best dude !!!

Back
Top Bottom