What's new

How to join Pakistan Army?

Salam,

thanks a lot for your quick reply...Kindly can you tell me briefly about ISPR, Signals and Ordnance Branches...

thanks a lot,
take care
ALLAHHAFIZ

What exactly do you want to know?

A brief intro can be:
ISPR: You must have seen what they are doing now a days as their DG briefs the media on daily basis. ISPR is the face of our Armed Forces to the world.

Signals: The ones with the job to provide communications to the Army, this include the line communication to include the PASCOM and DEFCOM systems, the wireless equipment (wireless sets, PATCOM etc) and at time the satellite communication (SATCOM). They also run the computer and related tasks. providing the Army with software experts and they have a guud chunk of Signalmen/women in the C4I.

Ordnance: The branch that provides the ammo, clothing, all sort of equipment that the Army uses.

*Need your advice on the possible routes I can take to enlist as an officer*

I am 24 years old, I have two bachelors, I could (if I chose) join a prestigious Master's program. I have explored many fields, immersed myself in them, yet time and time again joining the Pakistan Army never budges from the top of my list.

• I live in the US.
  • I have read the regular commission page on joinpakarmy. gov.
  • I understand I need to contact the Pakistani Embassy (Military/Defense Attaches) in the US.
  • I also understand I have till July 10, 2009 to submit my application forms along with connected documents through the Embassy.
  • I am aware that I will pass the Written tests with spectacular marks. I have no concerns about passing any physical fitness tests either.

The factor which I need some advice on is to know what kind of complications will I face and what are the steps I can take to find solutions.

I know that I can be a great asset to the Army, I just need to combine my vision with action. I have limitless opportunities at my fingertips here in the US, but I can't think of anything other than joining the Army.

What steps should I take?

*Need your advice on the possible routes I can take to enlist as an officer*​

• I am 24 years old, I have two bachelors, I could (if I chose) join a prestigious Master's program. I have explored many fields, immersed myself in them, yet time and time again joining the Pakistan Army never budges from the top of my list.
  • I live in the US.
  • I understand I need to contact the Pakistani Embassy (Military/Defense Attaches) in the US.
  • I also understand I have till July 10, 2009 to submit my application forms along with connected documents through the Embassy.
  • I am aware that I will pass the Written tests with spectacular marks. I have no concerns about passing any physical fitness tests either.

The factor which I need some advice on is to know what kind of complications will I face and what are the steps I can take to find solutions.

I know that I can be a great asset to the Army, I just need to combine my vision with action. I have limitless opportunities at my fingertips here in the US, but I can't think of anything other than joining the Army.

What steps should I take? Please advise.

*Need your advice on the possible routes I can take to enlist as an officer*

I am 24 years old, I have two bachelors, I could (if I chose) join a prestigious Master's program. I have explored many fields, immersed myself in them, yet time and time again joining the Pakistan Army never budges from the top of my list.

• I live in the US.

What steps should I take?

Before we go any further, are you a Pakistani Citizen?

Before we go any further, are you a Pakistani Citizen?

First of all, sorry about the re-post, i was just trying to edit the initial post itself.

And yes I am a Pakistani citizen, residing in the US. I realize that I would have to forgo my US citizenship (dual).

The Pakistani embassy has put the Enrollment forms in the mail. Now I am wondering:
What further steps should I take?
What will the rest of the process entail (like how many times will I have to fly back and forth till I receive my letter)?

First of all, sorry about the re-post, i was just trying to edit the initial post itself.

And yes I am a Pakistani citizen, residing in the US. I realize that I would have to forgo my US citizenship (dual).

The Pakistani embassy has put the Enrollment forms in the mail. Now I am wondering:
What further steps should I take?
What will the rest of the process entail (like how many times will I have to fly back and forth till I receive my letter)?
Well speaking frankly i am not quire sure on that, moreover it would be difficult for me to get that info soon. Even i managed to do that still there wouldn't be much that i would be able to tell you as the recruitment centers here primarily deal with the candidates who appear from within Pakistan, so they would not be able to tell me much as they just receive the papers concerning an overseas candidate and then take him on through the normal procedures of examinations.

So what i want to say is that yes if you need info on the post-enrollment procedures i'll be helping you out properly, but as far as the pre-enrollment thing is concerned the Defence Attache there in the US is the best man who can tell about it in detail. i would suggest you pay a visit to DC for better comprehension (if possible with ease), otherwise e-mail and voice will also do the job as the staff there as i know of is quite efficient and capable, the DA himself is a nice man if the one i am talking about is still there.

So try talking to to them:)

If you need the numbers, i'll get them for you.

So what i want to say is that yes if you need info on the post-enrollment procedures i'll be helping you out properly

Thanks. I have been in communication with the embassy, and for the pre-enrollment procedures, I am pretty comfortable with the process.

I have read the pak army web page for basics on the post enrollment procedures. I am still a bit fuzzy on this though. It would be great if you could give me some direction in the matter.

What exactly do you want to know?

A brief intro can be:
ISPR: You must have seen what they are doing now a days as their DG briefs the media on daily basis. ISPR is the face of our Armed Forces to the world.

Signals: The ones with the job to provide communications to the Army, this include the line communication to include the PASCOM and DEFCOM systems, the wireless equipment (wireless sets, PATCOM etc) and at time the satellite communication (SATCOM). They also run the computer and related tasks. providing the Army with software experts and they have a guud chunk of Signalmen/women in the C4I.

Ordnance: The branch that provides the ammo, clothing, all sort of equipment that the Army uses.

Salam,

Thanks a lot Sir.actually i was totally unaware and the information you provided is what i wanted.i just wanted to briefly know that what kind of jobs or services i can serve after joining army.and as mentioned by you, there is a lot i can serve in.so inshALLAH i will join after my studies.Thanks a lot for all your help,meanwhile i will gather more information as u said from the applications.

Thanks a lot Sir.
ALLAHHAFIZ

Thanks. I have been in communication with the embassy, and for the pre-enrollment procedures, I am pretty comfortable with the process.

I have read the pak army web page for basics on the post enrollment procedures. I am still a bit fuzzy on this though. It would be great if you could give me some direction in the matter.
Read the following links it would give a fair idea about what are you getting into:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/368631-post12.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/369710-post22.html

Most importantly: http://www.defence.pk/forums/369784-post23.html

i will gather more information as u said from the applications.

Thanks a lot Sir.
ALLAHHAFIZ

The Army asks for female representation at random, though it is not as random as it used to be earlier as now women are being inducted quite frequently.

By getting info from the applications i meant that at the time when the vacancies are announced you'll come to know what exactly they are asking for i.e. they may be asking some PR experts, psychiatrists for the ISSB, or experts in computer related fields etc etc. So it would be clearer when they break out the news and then you'll know what exactly they want and whether you are suited for that job or not, i mean if they are asking for psychiatrists and you have not done MA psychology so ofcourse you may not be able to apply and if it is induction for the PMA LC (Lady Cadets) then you might find a suitable slot to fit in.

i hope that makes it clear.

Sir,

But like after my MS(CS),as i wish to serve in some computer related service...i think PMA LC if i am not wrong is not exactly what i can better serve in.I mean i can serve in that also but after MS(CS) i wish to do something through which not only i can serve Army but also use my knowledge gained uptil now to serve it.

What i understood is that may be they won't be in need of CS related service for which i wish to join and in that case i can join as LC that won't include CS related service.am i right Sir??

But i guess in that case there is very little chance of their asking for services that i can better serve in. :( But i really wanted to join amry and serve it using all that i have gained till now.

But i guess in that case there is very little chance of their asking for services that i can better serve in. :( But i really wanted to join amry and serve it using all that i have gained till now.

Sir,

But like after my MS(CS),as i wish to serve in some computer related service...i think PMA LC if i am not wrong is not exactly what i can better serve in.I mean i can serve in that also but after MS(CS) i wish to do something through which not only i can serve Army but also use my knowledge gained uptil now to serve it.

What i understood is that may be they won't be in need of CS related service for which i wish to join and in that case i can join as LC that won't include CS related service.am i right Sir??

No, you got it wrong. When they ask for LCs they are not specific to any single Arm, but they want to get women for different fields. Those field includes (as i have mentioned previously) PR, Signals (computer related stuff), Ordnance, DPCs (Data Processing Cell-Pure CS related job), C4I (again CS related job), so relax and better pay attention to your studies and just wait for the induction schedule :)

@ Xeric: i mean if they are asking for psychiatrists and you have not done MA psychology so ofcourse you may not be able to apply.

With an M.A. in psychology you are a psychologist. Only if you have done your M.B.,B.S. and then proceeded for post-grad studies in psychiatry can you be a psychiatrist.

@ Xeric: i mean if they are asking for psychiatrists and you have not done MA psychology so ofcourse you may not be able to apply.

With an M.A. in psychology you are a psychologist. Only if you have done your M.B.,B.S. and then proceeded for post-grad studies in psychiatry can you be a psychiatrist.

Mam i was just giving a lame example, the point was home even though, but thnx for the precision and accuracy!:)

Back
Top Bottom