What's new

Hugo Chavez says Venezuelan troops would fight with Argentina over Falkland

They did not have too. But their Carriers were carrying them

Falklands warships carried nuclear weapons, MoD admits

Margaret Thatcher threatened to use nuclear weapons unless Mitterrand gave the British the "deactivate" codes used by anti-ship missiles that France had sold to Argentina!

Margaret Thatcher Threatened to Use Nukes During Falkland Islands War
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/21/145709.shtml

Wow...not sure if Cameron is as strong as Thatcher.

Maverick, loose cannon

This are the names that comes to mind when one reads of politicians like these who meddle needlessly in others affairs to gain attention.

The question is, will the rest of Latin America actually provide military support to Argentina? If Brazil's Navy gets involved, will France give the Brits the "deactivate" code to disable Brazil's carrier? :P

Anyway, talking is one thing but holding joint military exercises and stationing troops is another. Now would be the time to convince Latin America of the benefits of the JF-17.

Sorry if I sound a bit Argentinian-I mean childish- but why?

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid-I mean British, but because the sky is high.
The reason is that Britain has no right to have territorial claims on some Island which is somewhere else hundreds or thousands of miles away from the British coast.

None of the British Citizen care about those small Island groups....

This has become an ego issue now.... British cannot win if there is another war with Argentina.

Argentina will have full back from Russian, Chinese and Bolivarian Alliance bloc, or ALBA.

Without US CBG it would be impossible for them to go even in war now.

Argentina has purchased lots of defence goods these days and has quite advance weaponory.

If this sore up further more then it will help Argetine Airforce and Navy to ramp up.

The islanders are peaceful and only want to remain British. What is so wrong with that right to self determination? Technically you're correct, we HAD no territorial claim to the islands when first colonised. But the inhabitants NOW, TODAY, want to remain British.
Also the experience of the islanders under Argentine rule in 1982 was apparently not very ideal, ironically enough colonialist (immediately forced the teaching of Spanish in schools only, Spanish road signs, driving on the right hand side, dumping rubbish in the street, defecating in the streets and in living rooms...).
They don't see any benefits to Argentine rule, basically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom