What's new

Hugo Chavez says Venezuelan troops would fight with Argentina over Falkland

without carriers Britain cant win simple how will the put troops reinforcement air cover and supplies against a very easily advancing army without the carriers uk only has nuke threat which they cant use bcz it will create sanctions against them although this war might take the heat from iran;);)

not enough, besides, 1 engined JF-17s are cheap and effective.

Venezuela isn't really a country that has to be worried about fuel and cost of operating :azn:. The limited numbers are only new. If a conflict like situation arises, Chavez would go for Su-35BMs straight. He's already got the Su-30MKVs with an option for Su-35BMs (at least that's what I got from google search). But Venezuela being a top country in oil wealth, I don't think buying more jets in future should be a problem.

Chavez is playing smart, mate. Chinese trainers, Russian fighters. Good mix to evenly play geopolitics.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

RAF has tornadoes and Eurofighters they dont operate US fighter jets

Flying all the way to Malvinas/Falklands is another thing on them. Neither Tornados nor Typhoons are carrier fighters and to travel that distance sitting on a carrier. Nukes are out of question as US will shoot the plan down...a nuke armed South America is the last thing it would want.

65ec1_e2312_5739e_120203012129-falkland-islands-map-story-top.jpg

America would support Britain in any event of war becoming a reality, then Argentina will back down.

Underestimate Britain at your own peril...
\

China & Russia will support Argentina. Just pack off now from Malvinas.

America would support Britain in any event of war becoming a reality, then Argentina will back down.

Underestimate Britain at your own peril...

Sorry to burst your bubble but the US has many times said it wants to stay neutral on this issue and would like to broker a deal.

Falkland Islands Issue May Divide UK And US

Britain may bend over for the Americans but it doesn't mean they will come to save the British backside when required.

It's about time Britain ended it's colonialism thinking uncle Sam is there to save the day.

^^^ I'm sure the Brits are smarter than that.[/QUOT/]

U can be sure all u want doesnt mean much to me u canadian ice hole!

Anyway,lets say argentinians together with venezuelans launche an joint suprise attack on this falkland island, and kill many british soldiers, now the Brits already declared that theywere not in a position to succesfully defend the island, this means they will have to use nukes to defend it, or just leave the island to the argentinians. Just going by that, and knowing those peoples history, they will just nuke it.

Yes, they do care about each other. Not like you fcuking Muslims countries biting each other's back.

Wow, just wow, what the hell??!!

Didn't they already had a fight over this island before? And wasnt UK prepared to use nukes back then?

Yes they did, now if they cant defend themselves today they will use those weapons thats what theyre saying. Who cares about international community how silly to believe that they will actually respect any of that.

About Russia backing Argentina... I just have a scene in my head where the UK ambassador to the UN asks his Russian counterpart "Ok, but we want to talk about Kaliningrad and how the deal works with that one...."
Argentina obviously has no land border with the islands, so are just as removed from them as Britain is- we're just haggling over relative terms by the looks of some statements!

As for the UK using nukes... our politicians don't have the guts to admit they're wrong on the most trivial of things. The certainly don't have the guts to unjustifiably nuke a country.

Right to self-determination. Let's see this done properly. If it is really such a good thing to be Argentinian, let the islanders voice their opinion through a legally-valid referendum. Otherwise, if Argentina just wants them in a quick handshake deal, that is bordering on colonialism.

European explorers first discovered The Falkland Islands back in the 1600s... From France to Spain, Portuguese... Britain, you name it, Europe discovered this land.

Britain, thru it's very successful History ruled during these times and officially claimed re-established rule in 1833.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom