What's new

Human space flight prog: HAL hands over crew module assembly to ISRO

I am afraid ...it has to be more than just satellite bus ...

It has to survive atmospheric re -entry ... decelerate subsequently ...maintain ground communication , deploy its parachutes , survive crash landing in sea , float in the sea ..and all this while has to safeguard the 'crew' inside ....

But then ISRO has good experience especially with SRE1 experiment ....

Well what I meant,is that it is the basic frame on which the thermal protection system,parachute deployement system and other subsystems are placed.like this.

20110801-India-Space-Shuttle-Space-Capsule-Recovery-Experiment-SRE-07%255B3%255D.jpg (image)

Well what I meant,is that it is the basic frame on which the thermal protection system,parachute deployement system and other subsystems are placed.like this.

20110801-India-Space-Shuttle-Space-Capsule-Recovery-Experiment-SRE-07%255B3%255D.jpg (image)

May be ...but then crew module must have necessitated substantial changes in design of basic frame itself ....

SRE1 was never supposed to be prototype for Crew module ..it was meant to validate some related technology .
for that matter even SRE2 which was initially proposed to be flown aboard GSLV Mk III ....was not meant to be anything alike crew module ...

I am sure this prototype crew module must have called in lot of 'new' work even pertaining to basic frame ...although some inputs especially data from SRE1 mission may have significantly helped ...

May be ...but then crew module must have necessitated substantial changes in design of basic frame itself ...

SRE1 was never supposed to be prototype for Crew module ..it was meant to validate some related technology .
for that matter even SRE2 which was initially proposed to be flown aboard GSLV Mk III ....was not meant to be anything alike crew module ...

I am sure this prototype crew module must have called in lot of 'new' work even pertaining to basic frame ...although some inputs especially data from SRE1 mission may have significantly helped ...

Was that even my point?What I said is that what you see is the bare basic structure of the CM.

Can anyone assure that this is actually a crew module and not the SRE 2 module. I mean they are both similiar looking and SRE 2 also validates a lot of crew module technologies.

Was that even my point?What I said is that what you see is the bare basic structure of the CM.

I am sorry . Did I misinterpret you ?

Can anyone assure that this is actually a crew module and not the SRE 2 module. I mean they are both similiar looking and SRE 2 also validates a lot of crew module technologies.

well this is surely Crew module ....and not SRE 2 .

Initial plan to test SRE 2 had been dropped . Previous ISRO interviews always talked of SRE2 mission. there was no tacit mention of Crew module ...but off late the reference has been to crew module ....

ISRO strikes human space flight off priority list | Business Standard

This is what they were saying last year. Maybe this is another TD.

all that article says ..and correctly is that ISRO is developing required technologies . It does not have formal ' programme ' ...read financial allocation ....and political sanction ( in absence of man rated vehicle ) ...

Believe me Human Space flight is very much on the list ...although it's not immediate priority as we do not have the man rated vehicle and other critical technologies ....

Actually,I was just mentioning about the structure made by HAL.And I thought SRE 2 was to be sent as a secondary payload on some pslv mission this year.

So is the 2017 launch well on track.

BTW I always wondered in a country such as India, in terms of less importance placed on military, is the Indian space program linked to the military, and who would go up? I mean is it a air force officer? Or a really fit scientist?

well this is surely Crew module ....and not SRE 2 .

Initial plan to test SRE 2 had been dropped . Previous ISRO interviews always talked of SRE2 mission. there was no tacit mention of Crew module ...but off late the reference has been to crew module ....

SRE-2 is not dropped. It will be launched along with cartosat series sat, so wait for launch of a cartosat.

BTW I always wondered in a country such as India, in terms of less importance placed on military, is the Indian space program linked to the military, and who would go up? I mean is it a air force officer? Or a really fit scientist?

Indian space program has nothing to do with military. It comes under department of space and most of the top officials of DOS are from ISRO. SO in a way ISRO controls itself only the funding is approved by cabinet.

For human space flight, priority will be IAF, but scientists are also planned, so a mixed crew.

France and India are the only two countries in the world which didn't derive their SLV programme from their Ballistic Missile programme >>> instead they derived their Ballistic Missile programme from their SLV programme. The only aid that ISRO gives to our military is from its>>

(1) RADAR imaging satellites which are all weather satellites to monitor areas of strategic importance through NTRO - national technical research organization - an technical intelligence department of RAW. RISAT-2 a radar imaging satellite is often dubbed as India's first spy satellite.

(2) Providing safe satellites links connecting the military establishments across the nation through separate communication satellites exclusively to be used by the military - recently launched GSAT 7 which is exclusively for the Navy is an example of the same.

(3) Communication-Centric Intelligence Satellite is an advanced reconnaissance spy satellite which will be in orbit this year.

(4) ISRO airs all its launches live in on the national television and on the YouTube and if for any launch it doesn't then expect something classified about it - the launch of RISAT 2 was not broadcasted on the national television.

(5) ISRO has made it very clear that this is off its priority list
Human space flight mission off ISRO priority list - The Hindu
It is not in our 12th five year plan and expect it to happen in around 2020-22

(6) It will be air force pilots not scientists who will be the sole crew members in the first spaceflight.

Actually,I was just mentioning about the structure made by HAL.And I thought SRE 2 was to be sent as a secondary payload on some pslv mission this year.

Ok. sorry if I misquoted you . Regarding SRE 2 there had been great deal of confusion. since SRE2 has some different objectives I guess it will be useful to retain that mission. No clarity yet as to when it is scheduled .

Back
Top Bottom