What's new

I am learning Urdu!

best of luck sir
and Urdu is a mixture of seven languages

but you can talk urdu which is also important and reading is also important sir hope you learned Quran

Well, I read about half in Arabic, but that was long ago and recently I read it all in English so I could understand- now I want to learn arabic so I can not only appreciate its most accurate meaning, but also understand the form it is in (i.e. it rhymes, etc). I keep watching this part of the Qur'an;

And now I want to learn this off by heart... so I'll study Arabic after Urdu, Inshallah...

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you read up a little of Mirza Ghalib's shayaris after you finishing learning.....like relishing a delicacy after savouring the aroma ......:):):)

Well, no doubt I'll read a little poetry if I learn urdu fluently :D

I wish I could learn it. It's an amazingly beautiful language. Some languages are not just beautiful they sound also very beautiful. I perhaps can not express it, but when someone speaks chaste urdu, it gives the feeling of "tehjeeb".

Urdu is one such beautiful language. All the best.

Regards,
Anoop.

Good luck brother.

It truly is one of the greatest languages in the world (if not THE greatest).

If he can do it, you can too:

long ago, I proposed a non-English (Urdu) section in this forum for Pakistani nationals only. Unfortunately it was not addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I left Pakistan at the age of 7, i would have forgotten urdu.... My mom thankfully taught me urdu and the english I picked up from just listening and repeating other kids :angel:

Well done Tuahaa, always good to learn one's native tongue :yahoo:

Good Luck Buddy!

Thankyou!

We speak Sindhi at home and English outside, so I didn't have anyone to practice Urdu with...

I am finally going to relearn my national language!

I left Pakistan at 6 years of age (now 15) and now I have almost forgotten the Urdu language... we found a Pakistani qari sahab who also teaches Urdu. First lesson is tomorrow...

:devil::)

I appreciate your effort to learn your language. I became interested in Urdu given my appreciation for Egebal-e Lahori (known as Allama Iqbal to Pakistanis) in wanting to understand his Urdu prose. I was initially taught by a group of Pakistanis and then carried on further given my own love for linguistics. I am fluent in the tongue, though you might deem it to be heavily Persian-ised.

Though do understand, an environment provides what no lone teacher nor book can. The best way to learn a tongue, and indeed the fastest way, is to immerse yourself in an environment where that tongue is spoken.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom