What's new

I am learning Urdu!

Yeah he sounds like a pro... local people would be startled if goes to Pakistan (either that or they'll think he's from North Pakistan and wants to look 'modernized', hence the pant-shirt :D)

Tuaha hope this sheer gets u started it was said by sir syed when he saw the need for english education i see a need for expat pakistani generations so here is it the other way round:

Tuaha chamka nahi urdu say jab begana tha ...
baney ga shama e anjuman jab is se ashna hoga

Thanks... but what does it mean?

He is just ranting to ignore :) keep learning

Aren't you violating the forum rules?

I did not mention your name in my post--Everyone has the right to post anything--Yes, I agree--But you did not post anything constructive rather just a personal attack.

Last edited:
saad, kindly explain as to what you were talking about? I would like to know sir

saad, kindly explain as to what you were talking about? I would like to know sir

I am not a sir...

I wanted to take your individual personality to the national level. The fact is that the world is so inspired by the western culture that they prefer English over their mother tongue. The fact is that Pakistanis care less about preserving their culture (majority of them). The fact is that Arabs love to hang out in bars in Dubai which is perfectly fine. However, what have they done to promote their culture besides sheesha?

You can go on and on and on..

I did not mean to criticize you or anyone else..I just took your post to the next level...

PAKISTANIS speak ENGLISH in Canada and the U.S. considering English is one of their national languages--PAKISTANIS speaks ENGLISH in Arab land considering Arabic is their national language--why??

Feel the difference?

Last edited:
Urdu is a derivative of Hindi.

Dunno... I read that both languages had Sanskrit roots, but Urdu also had persian/arabic roots (the connection there was inevitable).

I don't think either derived from each other, but are definitely related... some Indian told me that Urdu was a bit like classical hindi

Last edited:
I am not a sir...

I wanted to take your individual personality to the national level. The fact is that the world is so inspired by the western culture that they prefer English over their mother tongue. The fact is that Pakistanis care less about preserving their culture (majority of them). The fact is that Arabs love to hang out in bars in Dubai which is perfectly fine. However, what have they done to promote their culture besides sheesha?

You can go on and on and on..

I did not mean to criticize you or anyone else..I just took your post to the next level...

PAKISTANIS speak ENGLISH in Canada and the U.S. considering English is one of their national languages--PAKISTANIS speaks ENGLISH in Arab land considering Arabic is their national language--why??

Feel the difference?
Dude... the reason being has a lot to do with history itself and nothing to do with arabs and sheesha...

When a group is powerful, everyone wants to imitate.

Was not persian and arabic learnt by the elite of west India when Islamic empire was at its peak?

If Russia won the war, we'd all be speaking russian. Nothing great about it.

Furthermore, when Islam spread, the arab traders absorbed themselves in society, rather than imposing their culture on others. Arab traders married Indian (now Pakistani) women, they adopted what was not conflicting with religion, they adopted clothes, etc...

When the british came to India, it was very different.

Hope this answers your question...

PS. Arabs aren't allowed to go to bars in dubai, nor in UAE. Anyone who wants to go in must prove he's not a Muslim and get an alcohol permit.

I appreciate your effort to learn your language. I became interested in Urdu given my appreciation for Egebal-e Lahori (known as Allama Iqbal to Pakistanis) in wanting to understand his Urdu prose. I was initially taught by a group of Pakistanis and then carried on further given my own love for linguistics. I am fluent in the tongue, though you might deem it to be heavily Persian-ised.

Though do understand, an environment provides what no lone teacher nor book can. The best way to learn a tongue, and indeed the fastest way, is to immerse yourself in an environment where that tongue is spoken.

Good luck.

or you can use Rosetta stone if i'm correct?

or you can use Rosetta stone if i'm correct?

Rossetta stone software is indeed a great tool but in comparison to being actually in an environment where a tongue is spoken and be amidst the native speakers, I find it to not be at par. Of course, there are inherent limitations to the above of a language-centric environment. In such situations, such software has to suffice.

Back
Top Bottom