What's new

IAEA, Hypocrisy and Israeli Nukes.

Please explain how what you call "Israel's hegemonic ambitions" settle with the territories Israel has withdrew from since the 1970's and twice as big as its current territory?

Will you answer or will you run away again?

Israel possessing WMD and showing the bogeyman when others are about to counter that is hegemony.

Israel possessing WMD and showing the bogeyman when others are about to counter that is hegemony.

Possessing WMD for itself does not necessary indicate to hegemonic aspirations. How a country can be hegemonic and withdraw from huge territories (relatively to its own)?

Did Pakistan/North Korea has nuclear weapons because of hegemonic aspirations?

How do you define hegemonic aspirations? What Israel trying to achieve by its so-called hegemony?

Possessing WMD for itself does not necessary indicate to hegemonic aspirations. How a country can be hegemonic and withdraw from huge territories (relatively to its own)?

Did Pakistan/North Korea has nuclear weapons because of hegemonic aspirations?

How do you define hegemonic aspirations? What Israel trying to achieve by its so-called hegemony?

A country which first introduces WMDs does so out of hegemonic ambitions while others do it to counter that. When you accused Iran of having hegemonic ambitions did you not know the definition of it?

A country which first introduces WMDs does so out of hegemonic ambitions while others do it to counter that. When you accused Iran of having hegemonic ambitions did you not know the definition of it?
First country that used WMD in Middle East was Egypt. Second - Iraq. Israel never used any WMDs.

I'm so tired I thought the title read "Time for IKEA to deal with Israeli Nukes."

First country that used WMD in Middle East was Egypt. Second - Iraq. Israel never used any WMDs.

By WMDs I meant nukes, not chemical or biological weapons. Israel is the the first country in the ME to have nukes, so the blame squarely false on israel.

Sometime a country develop WMD for deterrence in order to prevent an attack against it. If Israel developed nuclear weapons this fact for itself does not necessary mean it has hegemonic aspirations, there should be other proofs - and they are any.

Sometime a country develop WMD for deterrence in order to prevent an attack against it. If Israel developed nuclear weapons this fact for itself does not necessary mean it has hegemonic aspirations, there should be other proofs - and they are any.

You develope nukes to deter a nuclear strike not a conventional strike, so israel has no excuse to possess nukes, israel's purpose is to continue its hegemony in the ME. On the other hand, Iran has a valid reason to develop nukes as a deterrent against the israeli nukes.

You develope nukes to deter a nuclear strike not a conventional strike, so israel has no excuse to possess nukes, israel's purpose is to continue its hegemony in the ME. On the other hand, Iran has a valid reason to develop nukes as a deterrent against the israeli nukes.

When Israel develop non-conventional capabilities almost no Arab country was anywhere close to develop nuclear weapons. Egypt had some chemical capabilities but not nothing which could succumb Israel. Israel rationale was because of its strategic environment: Israel was isolated, no country in the ME recognised it and its neighbours threatened with a "second round" of military attack against it (the "first round" was the 1948 War) in order to eliminate it. Israel's entire populations in the middle of the 1960's was only 2.5 million people, including Palestinians who were its enemies in the 1948 War, and with very narrow territory which was in near its Tel Aviv and the mass urban areas only 15km width. Israel's capital city, Jerusalem, was divided and surrounded from three directions with only one road connecting the city to the rest of the country. Until 1967, the US kept a distance and was reluctant to give Israel massive military assistance.

In the above conditions Israel developed a nuclear programme. Given this reality is it that hard to believe that Israel's capabilities were a mean to deter the Arabs from launching a conventional attack which have a chance (not very big) to defeat and eliminate Israel?

Given this reality is it that hard to believe that Israel's capabilities were a mean to deter the Arabs from launching a conventional attack which have a chance (not very big) to defeat and eliminate Israel?

Yes, it is hard to believe that israel acquired nukes to counter the conventional Arab armies with low tech weapons when compared to the high tech weapons possessed by the israeli army.

Yes, it is hard to believe that israel acquired nukes to counter the conventional Arab armies with low tech weapons when compared to the high tech weapons possessed by the israeli army.

This was not the situation when Israel developed a nuclear programme - in the late 1950's. Israel had an advantage over the Arab but not as today, and did not have strategic alliance with the US.

As I said, in a scenario of an Arab surprise attack on Israel in pre-1967 borders, without any strategic depth (the border was 30 Km from Tel Aviv and the capital Jerusalem was divided with Jordan and surrounded from three sides), it could have been in a serious risk to its existence.

This was not the situation when Israel developed a nuclear programme - in the late 1950's. Israel had an advantage over the Arab but not as today, and did not have strategic alliance with the US.

Since israel has a massive military advantage today, it has no ground to possess nukes today, it can always give up its nukes.

Back
Top Bottom