What's new

IAF hopes to build its own combat aircraft within 20 years

Guys don't misunderstand,the IAF chief was talking about making aircrafts designed by Indian Air Force themselves. LCA is something ADA and HAL is gonna make according to the requirements of IAF. What we are looking forward is IAF designing their own aircrafts in their own facilities.

If this happens, than Indian Air Force would be the first air force in the world that design and build their own air force. I wonder if IAF would care more about building air craft or defending the nation at that time.

Please someone put an end to this absurdity. This is even very weird for Indian standard.

If this happens, than Indian Air Force would be the first air force in the world that design and build their own air force. I wonder if IAF would care more about building air craft or defending the nation at that time.

Please someone put an end to this absurdity. This is even very weird for Indian standard.

IAF Building the aircraft by themselves would be absurd,I agree.But isn't it possible for them to design it?
@Oscar:Instead of a link to a 100 page thread,a direct reply would've been helpful.Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
IAF Building the aircraft by themselves would be absurd,I agree.But isn't it possible for them to design it?
@Oscar:Instead of a link to a 100 page thread,a direct reply would've been helpful.Thank You.

It was a link to a post of mine in that thread and should have directed you straight to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid IAF chief didn't know that IAF is designated for wage a air war or defence for GOI not for production.

i think it is good, since the user is the designer as well so no finger pointing

it is weird for a chinese / taiwanese not for an indian ..design, build and operate brings in the integration and swiftness under one umbrella

Great Lca Tejas :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:... the bestest plane... 4.5th generation.... what happend to that poor guy:laughcry:

i think it is good, since the user is the designer as well so no finger pointing

it is weird for a chinese / taiwanese not for an indian ..design, build and operate brings in the integration and swiftness under one umbrella

If its not wierd for India, than its only not wierd for India because its quite strange for American to have the AF build the plane itself. In US, we have LM or Boeing build planes, not the airforce itself.

If its not wierd for India, than its only not wierd for India because its quite strange for American to have the AF build the plane itself. In US, we have LM or Boeing build planes, not the airforce itself.

if somebody does it one way ..not everybody has to be weird if they do it another way ..

if somebody does it one way ..not everybody has to be weird if they do it another way ..

You know its stupid for an airforce to build its own planes. Air force is part of the arm force. But I guess in India, air force is meant to manufacture planes. Might as well as HAL is failing in building planes.

LCA is Light Crashing Aircraft when it started in 1980s with the General Electric F404 engine.
LCA is Light Crashed Aircraft in 1990s
LCA is Light Crashed Again in 2000
Operating Clearance for the Tejas LCA was awarded on 2011 by Defense Ministry after 30 years of work.
And in 2013 LCA is still Light and still Crashing Again and Again LCAA..........Danm.
I wonder the medium multi-role combat aircraft will be completed in 2099 or not....:what:

India had opt to purchase Rafale.

swiss selling pilatus
HAL pushing for its BTA
IAF now seems can do on its own..
US willing to do co development of BTA..

ahhhh.. so much confusion.:what: isnt it..
u know what... it all means
India has more money..
India has more opportunities
India has more people who now believe they can do it on their own..:azn:

LCA front, had to listen all crap.. but we ll return the favor soon:cheers:

who gives the $hit if any other airforce hasn't done it. Indian Navy has done great deal in building our own platforms. IAf should go for development of its own machines too.

Then we should outsource real work of IAF to HAL & NAL

well let iaf decide what they want to do...they should start with outsourcing then concentrate on core manufacturing to themselves..since HAL is laggards that is why iaf wants to take everything in its control..the problem with hal is they are not working in a efficient pace,people who are there ..know that the deliverables are not related with their promotions

Back
Top Bottom