What's new

IAF may not get to fly LCA before 2010

Okay, cut the crap and back to topic now!
Thanks!

Neo

LCA is small but not very small compared to other relativley smaller fighters like F 16 or Jf 17.I got these specifications from AirToAirCombat.com
Jf-17 : LCA

Wing Span: 29.53 ft. /9.00 : M 26.90 ft. /8.20 M

Length: 45.93 ft/14.00 M : 43.31 ft. /13.20 M

Height: 16.73 ft. /5.10 M : 14.44 ft. /4.40 M

Bull said:
HAL and RollsRoyce celebrates 50 yrs of partnership:
http://www.hal-india.com/hal-rr-50.asp
HAL – IAI cooperation in Aero Structures
http://www.hal-india.com/hal-iai.asp
HAL – IAI cooperation in Aero Structures
HAL 45th in the world
http://www.hal-india.com/45th.asp

There are more news in the site go and check and correct your notion that HAl isnt bothered abt cash.
lemme rephrase this
LCA is developed by ADA and not HAL..and ADA doesnt care about cash..
HAL does and thats why its trying hard to sell its Dhruv in civilian market as well as forwign countries. It is even working on other helicopter projects.. as thats a faster way for it to start earning hard cash.. work on trainer aircrafts civilian 20T plane. etc etc..

Well i guess i would take a nutral stance over here to me LCA looks like down sized version of the M2K(Mirage-2000) now i would say LCA isnt good yes i can be a critic but at the same time this jet could have been sucessful given that it didnt have a huge price tag what i believe IAF failed to do here was take these jets with an alternate engine for now i mean for example take JF-17 at the end of the day we all know that RD-93 would be replaced by a WS-13 chinese engine if lucky by some other europian engine ..i believe instead of pushing there butts on making karvi work IAF should have adopted another engine and put LCA in service....

Best of the Best said:
..i believe instead of pushing there butts on making karvi work IAF should have adopted another engine and put LCA in service....

Absolutely true, trying to bite off more than they can chew has been the problem of India's projects even the Arjun tank as well.

Best of the Best said:
i believe instead of pushing there butts on making karvi work IAF should have adopted another engine and put LCA in service....

I think they finally begged Dassault to help produce an engine (kaveri) for the lca, dont know what became of that or how much has hal managed to mess it all up.

RAPTOR said:
I think they finally begged Dassault to help produce an engine (kaveri) for the lca, dont know what became of that or how much has hal managed to mess it all up.
what kind of engine they wil be getting?
SNECMA M53-P2 or M88-2 turbofan engine?

Best of the Best said:
Well i guess i would take a nutral stance over here to me LCA looks like down sized version of the M2K(Mirage-2000) now i would say LCA isnt good yes i can be a critic but at the same time this jet could have been sucessful given that it didnt have a huge price tag what i believe IAF failed to do here was take these jets with an alternate engine for now i mean for example take JF-17 at the end of the day we all know that RD-93 would be replaced by a WS-13 chinese engine if lucky by some other europian engine ..i believe instead of pushing there butts on making karvi work IAF should have adopted another engine and put LCA in service....
FYI thats notcalled taking a NEUTRAL STANCE..

RAPTOR said:
try to look up for stuff before making comments.. Kaveri is not managed by HAL.. and neither is the LCA..

Best of the Best said:
good to see that you have ruled out this plane so easily in your neutral stance.. while neither ADA/HAL/IAF / indian govt have ruled out this plane.. and are spending millions more on it.
from your example .. just like JF17's current engine RD93 and future prospect WS13..
LCA has a current engine called GE404-IN20.. and a future engine called kaveri.. and even if kaveri is not successful the GE404-IN20 is hellofa good engine.. in fact better than RD93..
so did you make any other neutral point that i missed except the engine one.. ??

Owais said:
what kind of engine they wil be getting?
SNECMA M53-P2 or M88-2 turbofan engine?
india released a contract to help correct the problems in kaveri engine.. its not getting any other engine..
IF it wants it can always get a GE404.. a ToT is not what india is looking for ..it can get that any day..

Nice links Ajay.
I'd like to see more action with difficult manoevres though.

Whats the latest on LCA?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom