What's new

IAF may not get to fly LCA before 2010

The LCA does seem to be taking a long time to come to fruitation.

It may have been better to do as Pakistan did - stand by and watch the Chinese build a plane & then call it joint project.

Blain

Recent reports have suggested that the Indian deal could be for upto 15 Billion USD. With that in mind, and the 17 Billion figure for a 25 year Life cycle + unit costs, the Indians could play around with the numbers and still get some 4-5 Squadrons for 15 Billion USD with lower years counted towards calculating life cycle costs.

The LCA does seem to be taking a long time to come to fruitation.

It may have been better to do as Pakistan did - stand by and watch the Chinese build a plane & then call it joint project.

For Pakistan the first phase R&D was also a joint step, however most of the work was done by the Chinese. The second phase, (manufacturing and serial production) is where the jointness increases as PAC will be responsible for production of 50% of the foreign sales (aside from 100% of the PAF order).

Blain

Recent reports have suggested that the Indian deal could be for upto 15 Billion USD. With that in mind, and the 17 Billion figure for a 25 year Life cycle + unit costs, the Indians could play around with the numbers and still get some 4-5 Squadrons for 15 Billion USD with lower years counted towards calculating life cycle costs.

Lets see how this pans out. Like I said, the cost for the european and Hornet sale would be astronomical if the numbers being sounded (125-200) are purchased.

The JF-17 is a license production program...dont see much there from Pak in R&D.

Blain I agree about costs, 200 aircraft are impossible, 100-120much more reasonable.

The JF-17 is a license production program...dont see much there from Pak in R&D.

Blain I agree about costs, 200 aircraft are impossible, 100-120much more reasonable.

Actually JF-17 R&D was not a completely hands-off thing for PAF. We have a team of two full time ([SIZE=-1]ETPS trained) test pilots and a batch of 20 or so aeronautical engineers working with the Chinese ever since the inception of this project. Its limited for sure but the Chinese aviation industry has had some very decent help from the PAF on avionics and design ergonomics arena.

Even 100-120 F/A-18s would be a very costly venture as India wants production lines to be set up. I still am sticking to my 80/20 split on US and Russian aircraft.
[/SIZE]

Many people here fail to understand that Pakistan has also helped alot with the Jf-17 and J-10 project. Pakistan has made some of the avionics used on the thunder. Pakistan had also sent many scientist and engineers to China.

Actually JF-17 R&D was not a completely hands-off thing for PAF. We have a team of two full time ([SIZE=-1]ETPS trained) test pilots and a batch of 20 or so aeronautical engineers working with the Chinese ever since the inception of this project. Its limited for sure but the Chinese aviation industry has had some very decent help from the PAF on avionics and design ergonomics arena.

Thanks for the information, it seems quite similar to what the Indians did for the Bison program, in terms of design customization for their requirements. What I was trying to say was that the work tho' remains majorly OEM intensive, and the customer does not partake in ab-initio R&D.

Even 100-120 F/A-18s would be a very costly venture as India wants production lines to be set up. I still am sticking to my 80/20 split on US and Russian aircraft.
[/SIZE]

You might well be correct! 80 MiG-35s and 40 F/A-18s.

Many people here fail to understand that Pakistan has also helped alot with the Jf-17 and J-10 project. Pakistan has made some of the avionics used on the thunder. Pakistan had also sent many scientist and engineers to China.

please specify the pakistani avionics used on the thunder and the help provided to the j-10.

thanks.

please specify the pakistani avionics used on the thunder and the help provided to the j-10.

thanks.

Pakistan has done a decent amount of work for the JF-17. Pakistan karma research lab is known to have provided China with some decsent avoinics for the JF-17 such as the EW suite (one of the most advanced in the world) and other goodies. Also Chukkar get your facts right, Pakistan has done alot for the JF-17 program

Skeptic 786
Please correct me if i am wrong but the sd-10 bvr is also Pakistani-Chinese made isn't it.

hello all.... this is my first post here ... anyways all i can see is lot of eager patriotic people bashing each other trying to prove a point, it resembles that good ol "my dad can kick ur dad's butt" argument :rolleyes:

What we ( Pakistani ) have to appretiate is that Indian's are learning by LCA, as far as i am concerned even if it fails miserably they would walk with something very valuable i.e. experience, one always learns from mistakes and as far as i am concerned LCA would be a nice educational trip and if it succeeds than its icin on the cake

We should stop comparing both the planes ( JF17 and LCA ) as both were designed by prospective of their own AF's and agenda's ... time will tell which is the better performer ...

Indians on the other hand should give Pakistan the due credit too, we deserve it don't we? I think so its very hard for Indians ( my general observation ) to digest the fact that Pakistan is actively participating in JF-17 program and is often refered as CHINEESE plane, Just as Indians are learning from their LCA program, we Pakistani's are gaining lots of experience and education from our JF-17 program, the difference is that one way or another is the pace at which the program took shape from theory to working prototypes

Lets keep our heads cool shall we folks?

regards,

Saquib

Many argue that Indians are learning more while Pakistanis are just watching the plane being developed. It is correct at certain extent, but not over all. Pakistan needed another plane for its air force and it is going to recieve it the way it wants it, and gradually Pakistan will learn how to make aircrafts it own, and will most likely be able to create other projects in the future. If Iran can! Why not Pakistan.

While Pakistan will be recieving its JF-17 fighter and will induct about about 150 planes, LCA has so far no future in the Indian inventory.

Skeptic 786
Please correct me if i am wrong but the sd-10 bvr is also Pakistani-Chinese made isn't it.

Yes.

Pakistan has done a decent amount of work for the JF-17. Pakistan karma research lab is known to have provided China with some decsent avoinics for the JF-17 such as the EW suite (one of the most advanced in the world) and other goodies. Also Chukkar get your facts right, Pakistan has done alot for the JF-17 program

Name it man, if your so sure.

Back
Top Bottom