What's new

IAF SU30 Crashes

We spend 1.96% of our GDP on military, but if you want to believe those rumored numbers that is your choice.

The fact remains that in China, there is no widespread starvation death. In India thousands of people die of hunger every month and 60% of your children do not have proper nutrition.

You sir, have access to internet and can speak English, so I assume that you are not suffering from any of this. For this reason I don't think that your belief represent that of most Indians.

Plz dont diver it to a verses China Issue.
China is way ahead of India . No doubt . But Even China would NOT have waited every poor to be rich and then start Military Spendings.
But, Thats not the centre of discussion.

Im Talking about India Only India, and Focusing on the fact that why Military spendings in India is UnAvoidable.
India has Still Managed to Make Excellent Developmets, which are often Ignored.

4c8bd69db60a0c32915a7602e07cd601.png

A Decline of 10% in 10 Years isnt that really awesome ? It means in Next 30 Years Situation will Drastically Change.

My Point is Just This : Indian Dont want the repeat of 65 war, and be taken as a surprise - We cant loose our Pride.
Thats why i asked you -
"But when a Burgler attacks ur House whats More Important a Gun or Bread ?"

I think when talking about Hunger the Entire SA is suffering NOT Just India. Situation in other countries is Much Worse if u compare.

Guys i dont think Su-30 is not that bad ..For the last 12-13 years it had an accident free record its unfortunate that two of them crashed this year but it may be because of modification they made ..They are trying all kind of modification in that aircraft and some times mistakes happens ..

Last edited:
Plz dont diver it to a verses China Issue.
China is way ahead of India . No doubt . But Even China would NOT have waited every poor to be rich and then start Military Spendings.
But, Thats not the centre of discussion.

Im Talking about India Only India, and Focusing on the fact that why Military spendings in India is UnAvoidable.
India has Still Managed to Make Excellent Developmets, which are often Ignored.

4c8bd69db60a0c32915a7602e07cd601.png

A Decline of 10% in 10 Years isnt that really awesome ? It means in Next 30 Years Situation will Drastically Change.

My Point is Just This : Indian Dont want the repeat of 65 war, and be taken as a surprise - We cant loose our Pride.
Thats why i asked you -
"But when a Burgler attacks ur House whats More Important a Gun or Bread ?"

I think when talking about Hunger the Entire SA is suffering NOT Just India. Situation in other countries is Much Worse if u compare.

and the more money the government invests is more Social security esque schemes, now that it can do so in larger amounts.
The more lives can be changed for the better.

It suggests, either IAF is not capable enough to handle its aircraft maintenance or the russian tech holds its worst record of crashes.

Now it'd be important to see which one crashed, the one manufactured by HAL or the one made by the russians.

Its worrisome for a plane to start crashing whose induction process is not complete as yet.

comapre this with the f-16s you have...even they haven't been indcuted and you have already lost 3-4 to crashes...and your totalt f-16s are 50 i guess....we have over a hundred mkis and so far only two have crashed(touch wood)...out of which one was due to human error...

Yes, but both of these aircrafts that crashed (in April 09 and November 09), were manufactured at HAL. The earlier one apparently being 'brand new' and the second one for reasons we don't know. This either implies that SU-30s manufactured at HAL are missing some of the original flavor of the Russian recipe, or half-baked maintainence/modification procedures, or finally pilot error which I doubt to be the least of the reasons.

Yes, but both of these aircrafts that crashed (in April 09 and November 09), were manufactured at HAL. The earlier one apparently being 'brand new' and the second one for reasons we don't know. This either implies that SU-30s manufactured at HAL are missing some of the original flavor of the Russian recipe, or half-baked maintainence/modification procedures, or finally pilot error which I doubt to be the least of the reasons.

The first one was found to be pilot error.

And please dont comment on IAF maintenance as if u know a dam.

Every ones likes A Platform They are used to.
I Read That a US Naval Pilot said F14 was far better than F18.

May be True but I too had issues with Office 07 when it first came but now i can say its far better than Office 2003.
That is also correct but the Indian Commander was a bit more substantial. He was drawing a comparison with say a US Naval Aircraft carrier group where the main ship is surrounded and protected by half dozen other ships. Operating the SU-30 within Indian territory under a radar and SAM umbrella is one thing but beyond that the massive Russian fighter needs supplementary ECMs and ELINT measures to protect it's massive radar signature from enemy defenses, specially the shoulder launched weapons.

And please dont comment on IAF maintenance as if u know a dam.

Please read my post again. I only said that this 'implies', as in could-be 'reason' of the problem, just sharing my thoughts on the topic. Although I hope you know 'a damn' about IAF maintainence, otheriwse that makes us two.
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom