What's new

IAF Tejas jets to fly in first foreign exercise with UK deployment

Not EU: MBDA. They make missiles and sell them for profit. They want to sell.

This is difficult to pinpoint, without re-writing Indian history. However, we can take your comments, and start with them.

Essentially, let me list them in point form.
  1. Point of origin of Indo-Aryan language (aka Vedic Sanskrit).
  2. Event of steppe dwellers from the Andronovo-BMAC-Yazd culture entering south Asia - canonical account - vs. revisionist account of Sanskrit being the mother tongue giving rise to all other Indo-European languages, and having originated in India;
  3. Dates - the Rg Veda is pushed back to some absurd date from the commonly accepted 2000 BCE to 1500 BCE;
  4. Authenticity - the epic stories/poems of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata are taken as authentic history, rather than mythical compositions based on real happenings that cannot be segregated from within the current composite text;
  5. Dates - the dates of the Maurya Empire are pushed back;
  6. Social development - the revolt against Brahminism by Buddhism and Jainism, and their Kshatriya founders is misrepresented;
  7. Misrepresentation - the series of invasions between Alexander's campaigns and the Huns ignored, the probable origins of Jats, Gujjars and Rajputs glossed over, the destruction and bloodshed of the Hun invasions minimised, in order to maximise the subsequent invasions nearly 500 years later;
  8. Misrepresentation - the raids on Somnath by Mahmud of Ghazni treated as purely religious conflict;
  9. Misrepresentation - the Hindu component in the army of Mahmud of Ghazni (formed after his initial successes, and not used to attack south Asia) minimised or concealed;
  10. Misrepresentation - the betrayal of Prithviraj Chauhan by Jayachand minimised and the murderous nature of Muhammad of Ghor emphasised;
  11. Misrepresentation - the poetic fantasy of the Muslim poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi converted into an historical background to the attack on Chitor by Alauddin Khalji;
I will stop here; the accounts of the Mughals, the Marathas after them, of Ahmad Shah Durrani, of the Sikhs, of the British, of Tipu Sultan, are all so contaminated by politically interested injections that it will take much more space.

Shouldn't this be elsewhere? This thread is about the Tejas.

Examples?

Perhaps you should take this off-line. My subject is history, so I would be interested in clearing up your doubts, but not here.

I am NOT a leftist. I am a liberal democrat.

Please mail me.

You forgot to add the monkeys rushing around to place the coconuts as the crash occurs.

Sir - Please write a blog (or) a book with all your knowledge.

I will mail you separately about things about India that bother me.

PS: I am also from Hyderabad (India).

Last edited:
It's a good start. Air exercises are the first place where the capabilities can be measured in near-real-time scenarios without the risk of aberrations or problems. Whoever got the idea is a smart chap.

Tejas is not taking part or the whole exercise have been canceled?

Thank God precious lives of the pilots and the Civilians are saved from this Flying Coffin. Good decision by the Authorities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom