What's new

IAF Tejas jets to fly in first foreign exercise with UK deployment

That is called brave better than stupid idiot who forget the close canopy when take off. Do Indian AF give him a medal for such feat? :rofl:
No, they rolled on the floor, laughing.

That's what all the high IQ people do, don't they?

My fist remark stands still, current LCA is no where similar in capabilities to the Grippen.
You still don't know the capabilities of either, and just want to do your fanboy stunts. Go ahead, be my guest.
Comprehension is not your forte. I said Could have gone the JV route and inducted the craft maturing it over time.
Instead, IN THE SAME LENGTH OF TIME AS THE LAVI, + 2 years, and without any photocopy of the Israeli design, we did our own.

Think about it.
You were the ones glorifying how the Indian aircraft did in the exercise in USA and then the video of the US AF pilot making fun of the results.
Sure, he was critical of certain aspects of the SU 30 performance. Did you actually listen to the video?
Samosa needs newer stuffing.
:azn: We'll find it. Don't worry. We make it all, so no need to wait for hand-outs from tallest, deepest flends which we can call joint ventures.

Another reason why the Uttam is being fitted on with the best possible despatch is that the Tejas, on being fitted with the Uttam, will be integrated to the MBDA Meteor, that is already fitted onto the Rafale and integrated to its Thales AESA radar.

Sir - Just to confirm. Is this true? EU is going to give Meteor codes for integrating with Uttam? I heard that French do not give out those codes for MICA missiles?

Regarding you discussions with Pakistanis - they are not going to accept Indians are any good. If they agree on that, then (after some critical thinking) they need to start agreeing that Pak lost all wars with India. If they agree on that, do you think they will be able to sleep peacefully at night (as they have been fed all lies from their birth)?

However, I do enjoy the information in your posts.

Sir - Just to confirm. Is this true? EU is going to give Meteor codes for integrating with Uttam? I heard that French do not give out those codes for MICA missiles?
You are quite right.

Owing to expediency, the IAF (actually, HAL) did a least cost tender (one of the dumbest things that GoI Department of Defence insists on, and an Anthony legacy), and picked the Israeli radar, IN SPITE OF THE FRENCH, OF MBDA WARNING THE IAF AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN NOT TO DO IT, that picking the Israeli radar would mean that the Meteor would NOT be integrated with it, due to the need to exchange source code for the integration.

That is why the Israeli radar was a good radar per se, and the cheapest, but blocked the acquisition of the Meteor. Now replacement of that with Uttam, and consequent acquisition and integration with the Meteor. With that, the Tejas will be good for BVR roles, especially in view of the easy Pakistani access to Chinese air to air missiles, that are excellent in their paper specification form.

The immediate need is for the Meteor BVR missile, but obviously, once MBDA accepts that Uttam is entirely of Indian design and that the source code is really and truly available with Indian engineers, the MICA will also be available. Not so important, but just that the Uttam ticks many boxes.
Regarding you discussions with Pakistanis - they are not going to accept Indians are any good. If they agree on that, then (after some critical thinking) they need to start agreeing that Pak lost all wars with India. If they agree on that, do you think they will be able to sleep peacefully at night (as they have been fed all lies from their birth)?
This is not so simple a proposition.

You should know that there are two types of Pakistani members here. The first type, in the majority, are the Ernie King semper iratus types, always angry with India and with Indians. Even among them, some of them, on closer acquaintance, thaw, and show their witty, humorous, even warm side.

I recommend strongly to you and to other Indian posters to keep your preconceived notions at the door, with your chappals, and reply to each post with dignity and good humour, and with a clear understanding that we are outsiders and have no business in commenting on internal developments. However their comments about us, our country, our politics, our armed forces, our technology, our culture and the several religions that we follow, INCLUDING Islam, is fair grounds for having a discussion, in my opinion. I do engage them on that, and try as far as I may to keep scrupulously polite. I have an advantage; Pakistanis in Pakistan proper have respect for the elderly hard-wired into their system, and find it difficult to be harsh with me. That gives me the opportunity to keep the conversation polite.

Having said that, some of my warmest friends on PDF and very much outside PDF are Pakistanis who live abroad, and I would, in some cases, blindly accept their word or even their judgement (on my personal behaviour and my wording). That is NOT to say that we do not disagree, sometimes vehemently. I recommend to you that you maintain a principled stand, and never stoop to bad language; each of us represents the country, and we need to remember that our every post is judged by stern critics.

That brings me to the second type. They are superior people, and I have often yearned to be allowed by GoI to kidnap them and bring them into India by force, and not allow them to return. They would be embellishments to our country. I will obviously name nobody from either type, as it would be, for them, hugely embarrassing.

For this kind, be sure to give them the huge respect that they deserve.

There is, to take up your last point, a gulf between our national narratives. What do you wish to do about it? Uphold our narrative blindly, denigrate theirs blindly? How childish is that? At this moment, in my own discussion group of fewer than fifteen people, we are in furious debate about aspects of the freedom struggle. How much more likely is it that if I should be debating with intensity and passion with those whom I have known for over a decade, I am likely to be at odds with people who are my chance acquaintances on PDF?

I hope you get the point. Nobody is at all times totally right, nobody is at all times totally wrong.

However, I do enjoy the information in your posts.

I am really happy to read that. It is the whole purpose, after all; otherwise, All Things Pakistan or the much regretted PakTeaHouse, run by the legendary Raza Rumi and his colleague Raza Habeeb Raja, would have been better. Those were over-run by the extreme right-wing Indians who are the bane of the Internet and of social media, and it died a horrible death.

Although I have been unable to come here often, and although I have other commitments, I do hope I spread light rather than heat with my posts. It is a course, a direction that I warmly endorse for your consideration.

Last edited:
Ok. let's say tejas taking part in foreign exercise is something big. Ok, I congratulate them.
So when JF-17 participated in its first-ever foreign exercise? in 2017?

Ok. let's say tejas taking part in foreign exercise is something big. Ok, I congratulate them.
So when JF-17 participated in its first-ever foreign exercise? in 2017?
It isn't particularly big. Just one more step on the way.

And how is recalling the date of the JF-17 first foreign exercise relevant? Does it acquire additional capabilities?

It is always a great idea to think through what one is posting, BEFORE posting.

It isn't particularly big. Just one more step on the way.

And how is recalling the date of the JF-17 first foreign exercise relevant? Does it acquire additional capabilities?

It is always a great idea to think through what one is posting, BEFORE posting.
I don't know what offended you. Actually, I didn't address anybody ... you know it.
Just to let you know I am not a teenager, in fact, far from it. So I just don't post anything out of emotions most of the time (but still I am a human being). In fact, sometimes to understand my message one should be able to read between the lines. Anyways, let it go. But yeah I agree with you that one should think before posting.

I don't know what offended you. Actually, I didn't address anybody ... you know it.
Just to let you know I am not a teenager, in fact, far from it. So I just don't post anything out of emotions most of the time (but still I am a human being). In fact, sometimes to understand my message one should be able to read between the lines. Anyways, let it go.
I'm sorry, that was my style, no offence taken and none intended. My question was relevant, I believe, but if you felt bad about it, I shall delete it.

The immediate need is for the Meteor BVR missile, but obviously, once MBDA accepts that Uttam is entirely of Indian design and that the source code is really and truly available with Indian engineers, the MICA will also be available. Not so important, but just that the Uttam ticks many boxes.

Are you sure that EU will share those codes with India for integrating with Uttam? Why would EU do that?

There is, to take up your last point, a gulf between our national narratives. What do you wish to do about it? Uphold our narrative blindly, denigrate theirs blindly?

Please tell me all the wrongs / inconsistencies in Indian narrative of Indian history.
I think that leftist historians that India had, damaged Indian history / narrative to a great extent. This ,along with many other things that I do not want to type here, makes me think that India is one of the most tragic countries in the entire history.

Please write a blog of all your thoughts / thinking. I promise that I will read it, as long as it is not completely leftist.

Last edited:
Are you sure that EU will share those codes with India for integrating with Uttam? Why would EU do that?
Not EU: MBDA. They make missiles and sell them for profit. They want to sell.
Please tell me all the wrongs / inconsistencies in Indian narrative of Indian history.
This is difficult to pinpoint, without re-writing Indian history. However, we can take your comments, and start with them.

Essentially, let me list them in point form.
  1. Point of origin of Indo-Aryan language (aka Vedic Sanskrit).
  2. Event of steppe dwellers from the Andronovo-BMAC-Yazd culture entering south Asia - canonical account - vs. revisionist account of Sanskrit being the mother tongue giving rise to all other Indo-European languages, and having originated in India;
  3. Dates - the Rg Veda is pushed back to some absurd date from the commonly accepted 2000 BCE to 1500 BCE;
  4. Authenticity - the epic stories/poems of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata are taken as authentic history, rather than mythical compositions based on real happenings that cannot be segregated from within the current composite text;
  5. Dates - the dates of the Maurya Empire are pushed back;
  6. Social development - the revolt against Brahminism by Buddhism and Jainism, and their Kshatriya founders is misrepresented;
  7. Misrepresentation - the series of invasions between Alexander's campaigns and the Huns ignored, the probable origins of Jats, Gujjars and Rajputs glossed over, the destruction and bloodshed of the Hun invasions minimised, in order to maximise the subsequent invasions nearly 500 years later;
  8. Misrepresentation - the raids on Somnath by Mahmud of Ghazni treated as purely religious conflict;
  9. Misrepresentation - the Hindu component in the army of Mahmud of Ghazni (formed after his initial successes, and not used to attack south Asia) minimised or concealed;
  10. Misrepresentation - the betrayal of Prithviraj Chauhan by Jayachand minimised and the murderous nature of Muhammad of Ghor emphasised;
  11. Misrepresentation - the poetic fantasy of the Muslim poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi converted into an historical background to the attack on Chitor by Alauddin Khalji;
I will stop here; the accounts of the Mughals, the Marathas after them, of Ahmad Shah Durrani, of the Sikhs, of the British, of Tipu Sultan, are all so contaminated by politically interested injections that it will take much more space.

Shouldn't this be elsewhere? This thread is about the Tejas.
I think that leftist historians that India had damaged Indian history / narrative to a great extent.
Examples?
This ,along with many other things that I do not want to type here, makes me think that India is one of the most tragic countries in the entire history.
Perhaps you should take this off-line. My subject is history, so I would be interested in clearing up your doubts, but not here.
Please write a blog of all your thoughts / thinking. I promise that I will read it, as long as it is not completely leftist.
I am NOT a leftist. I am a liberal democrat.

Please mail me.

Oh no ,
not at all,

India has arranged organic coconuts this time to ensure all goes well.
You forgot to add the monkeys rushing around to place the coconuts as the crash occurs.

tejas rep

The Indian Air Force announced on Wednesday it would be sending five Tejas fighters to a multilateral exercise being organised by the UK's Royal Air Force.
The Indian Air Force said the Tejas jets would participate in Exercise Cobra Warrior at the RAF base at Waddington. A C-17 transport aircraft would accompany the fighters for the exercise, which will be held from March 6 to 27.
According to experts, this is the first deployment of the indigenously developed Tejas to an international exercise. In January last year, the government had cleared a major order for 83 Tejas MK1A fighters, which would feature improved radar and electronics and weapons capabilities, when compared with existing aircraft.

Cobra Warrior is considered the Royal Air Force's most important multilateral exercise. According to UK aviation website Key. Aero, Cobra Warrior is organised annually to “conclude the training of Qualified Weapons Instructors (QWI), Qualified Multi-engine Tactics Instructors (QMETI), QWI Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (QWI ISR) and Qualified Space Instructor (QSI) students.”
In addition to fighter aircraft, participating air forces also bring systems such as airborne early warning and electronic warfare platforms to improve cooperation and preparedness.
According to reports, this year's edition of Cobra Warrior would feature fighter aircraft from the RAF and air forces of countries such as Saudi Arabia and Sweden. Interestingly, Sweden only operates one type of fighter, the Gripen, a single-engine light fighter similar in capability to the Tejas.

download.jpg

You know how confused the poor critters get.

For all we know, they may have been rocking on the coconuts (shut your eyes and let the vision build up), and floating out to the surf on them.

Never can tell with these.

That's GREAT news. Expect to place in the first 3?

Kudos
well taken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom