What's new

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Why did Pakistan not play Waseem before?

They have a long batting line up

Markram
Miller
Jansen

They can chase it
Bhai Netherland se nahi chase kar paye yeah log. They are good at setting targets only. See their record.

South Africa needs less than 4 an over, common sense says just do single no risk for next 10 overs get close. But they seems to lack common sense. Taking risky shot, which means anyone can win.

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Babar Azam factfile

AFP
October 2, 2023

NEW DELHI: Factfile on Pakistan captain Babar Azam ahead of the Cricket World Cup which gets underway in India on Thursday:

The world’s top-ranked ODI batsman, Babar is captain across all three formats and has amassed more than 12,500 international runs, boasting multiple centuries in each category.

His staggering ODI average of 58.16 betters even that of India superstar Virat Kohli while his 19 centuries for Pakistan is just one behind the all-time best set by Saeed Anwar.

Onus on Pakistan batters to paper over bowling cracks

Babar is also Pakistan’s biggest run-maker in T20 internationals and boasts the highest score of 122 in the format.

Despite failing to get out of the group stage at the 2019 World Cup, Babar shone as he became the fastest Pakistan batsman to reach 3,000 ODI runs.

Against Bangladesh, he broke Javed Miandad’s record of most runs in a World Cup by taking his total to 474 in eight innings.

In May this year against New Zealand, he became the fastest man to make 5,000 ODI runs, the mark coming in his 97th innings.
Hi,

That shows he should have remained a batsman---rather than a captain.

He is missed his calling.

RSA should have won this in a canter. You have to give credit to them for making it an exciting and competitive match. One more wicket and they would be really in trouble.

Regards

(30.2/50 ov, T:271) 191/4

South Africa need 80 runs from 19.4 overs.

Current RR: 6.33
• Required RR: 4.03
• Last 5 overs (RR): 37/0 (7.40)

ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Babar Azam factfile

AFP
October 2, 2023

NEW DELHI: Factfile on Pakistan captain Babar Azam ahead of the Cricket World Cup which gets underway in India on Thursday:

The world’s top-ranked ODI batsman, Babar is captain across all three formats and has amassed more than 12,500 international runs, boasting multiple centuries in each category.

His staggering ODI average of 58.16 betters even that of India superstar Virat Kohli while his 19 centuries for Pakistan is just one behind the all-time best set by Saeed Anwar.

Onus on Pakistan batters to paper over bowling cracks

Babar is also Pakistan’s biggest run-maker in T20 internationals and boasts the highest score of 122 in the format.

Despite failing to get out of the group stage at the 2019 World Cup, Babar shone as he became the fastest Pakistan batsman to reach 3,000 ODI runs.

Against Bangladesh, he broke Javed Miandad’s record of most runs in a World Cup by taking his total to 474 in eight innings.

In May this year against New Zealand, he became the fastest man to make 5,000 ODI runs, the mark coming in his 97th innings.
While Baber is indeed a good batsman, I think stats can confuse sometimes. Like making runs against a B team of New Zealand or Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and Zimbabwe. I think he is overrated by Pakistani's.

South Africa is born duffers, they are throwing their wickets by trying to be aggressive when nothing of that sort is required.

Wish you best in health man and start doing exercise, eating healthy and have good timely sleep.

Promise I won’t aggravate you anymore going forward
It's no big deal actually. Heart attack is not how they show in Bollywood movies - an old uncle clutching his chest in pain and sweating and grimacing and dying instantly. It's actually quite comforting. You feel like you will pass out. It's like falling asleep in a hurry. The sweating happens afterwards. If I die, it should be a heart attack, preferably in sleep.

In my case a cute girl found me and brought me juice and attended to me for about 30 mins until she was sure i can walk on my own

Last edited:
(40.6/50 ov, T:271) 250/7

South Africa need 21 runs in 54 balls.

Current RR: 6.09
• Required RR: 2.33
• Last 5 overs (RR): 26/2 (5.20)

(40.6/50 ov, T:271) 250/7

South Africa need 21 runs in 54 balls.

Current RR: 6.09
• Required RR: 2.33
• Last 5 overs (RR): 26/2 (5.20)
They are chokers, and duffers.