What's new

Idea of India wasn’t demolished at Ayodhya. That happened in our ‘liberal’ homes

Done.

Is that a done thing, or a rule? Asking for future reference.

Have you read the article, btw? It's very good, although very disturbing.

It is always better to post in original title of the article.
Numbers of reasons, it doesn’t give chance to the particular pdf community to complain about it. Recently, few of the threads were created with deceiving titles so better sticking to the original title.

——————

Yes I just read it.

This quote from the article explains a lot about the problem India is facing today.
The hatred for Muslims is not being inflicted for last few years but decades. “That idea wasn’t demolished at a religious site, it was taken apart brick by brick in our living rooms”

it doesn’t give chance to the particular pdf community to complain about it. Recently, few of the threads were created with deceiving titles so better sticking to the original title.

Got it. Makes sense.

Yes.

Do you always answer a question to which you have no reply with a question of your own?
No you are not .
Among the excavation yields, the ASI reportedly found stone and decorated bricks, mutilated sculpture of divine couple, carved architectural members including foliage patterns, amalaka, kapotapali, doorjamb with semi-circular shrine pilaster, broken octagonal shaft of black schist pillar, lotus motif, circular shrine having pranjala (watershute) in the north and 50 pillar bases in association with a huge structure.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepri...ayodhya-site-this-is-what-it-says/318486/?amp

I don't have to be a degree holding historian to talk about history . I can refer to the works of other humans who have knowledge in that field . That is how human civilization works .

Are you a historian ?

I don't have to be a degree holding historian to talk about history . I can refer to the works of other humans who have knowledge in that field . That is how human civilization works .

So, as usual in the posts of people of your persuasion, some dimly understood fragment is taken out of context and transformed into a great truth.

Why don't you stick to what you know? Or at least what you have studied in the works of those who know?

The author of that piece actually visited some of the sites listed.

Have you done anything evenly remotely close?

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri

Interestingly, I was just reading a research paper written by an educationist Mariam Chughtai from LUMS. The topic of her research is, “what produces a history textbook in Pakistan”, this woman is an erudite in her field. I would highly recommend you both to read it. Maybe it ring a bell and you find similarities in Indians history textbooks.

Among the excavation yields, the ASI reportedly found stone and decorated bricks, mutilated sculpture of divine couple, carved architectural members including foliage patterns, amalaka, kapotapali, doorjamb with semi-circular shrine pilaster, broken octagonal shaft of black schist pillar, lotus motif, circular shrine having pranjala (watershute) in the north and 50 pillar bases in association with a huge structure.

This refers to one site, and when and how those remains became remains is not established at all. It is your own extrapolation that these represented an actual existing temple that was demolished to make the mosque, and pays no attention to the possibility, even the probability that whatever existed was demolished and that the mosque was built on levelled ground.

This denial .

The 'denial', as you so grandly call it, is the lack of knowledge of the people at the actual site of any such incident.

The 'denial' is inflated by people who have never gone anywhere near these sites, nor have any direct connection with them, but beat their breasts with a crude political purpose.

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri

Interestingly, I was just reading a research paper written by an educationist Mariam Chughtai from LUMS. The topic of her research is, “what produces a history textbook in Pakistan”, this woman is an erudite in her field. I would highly recommend you both to read it. Maybe it ring a bell and you find similarities in Indians history textbooks.

If you have a copy, pass it on, and I will remember you in my agnostic prayers.

This refers to one site, and when and how those remains became remains is not established at all. It is your own extrapolation that these represented an actual existing temple that was demolished to make the mosque, and pays no attention to the possibility, even the probability that whatever existed was demolished and that the mosque was built on levelled ground.
Source ? As you are not a historian .

The 'denial', as you so grandly call it, is the lack of knowledge of the people at the actual site of any such incident.

The 'denial' is inflated by people who have never gone anywhere near these sites, nor have any direct connection with them, but beat their breasts with a crude political purpose.
Source ?
Have you gone and surveyed those sites ? Any direct connection ?
Or are you too beating your breast with a crude political purpose ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom