What's new

Ilias Kashmiri Killed

There is no name of the US official who said Pakistan helped US military in the drone attack, this update is just a conspiracy theory to ease the Pakistani people. and after all its not bbcnews.co.uk, its some fake site.

The disbelievers will never accept anything from you until you let go of Islam completely...

well I ought to be asking you this question first, since you and some of your people are the ones initiating this butting into our internal affairs

No.. You ought not because its you who asked Indians not to butt in and hence my question to you on whether you are applying the same standard to yourself or not.

especially you should show some respect when you join PAKISTAN defence forum.....this isnt the place for you to engage in empty jingoistic rhetoric, you can do that at bharat rakscrap forum.
I was not aware of any rule of this forum where Pakistani members ought to get special privileges and respect. But since I am new here, I may have missed it. If such is a case, can you please point me to the right section of the FAQ that says Pakistani members have special rights..

I did read a post from Webmaster about not discussing/commenting on other forums. But then I guess Pakistani members are allowed to do that as well. Must be due to the special privileges you talked about ;)

US, Pakistan authorities dispute Kashmiri’s death
ago) Today

Pakistani officials subsequently issued a series of statements about Kashmiri's death. The nation's interior minister told reporters on Monday: “I can confirm 100 per cent that he is dead. I got this information this morning.” — File Photo

LONDON: US and Pakistani authorities disagree sharply over claims that senior al Qaeda leader Ilyas Kashmiri was killed in a recent missile strike, officials from both countries said on Monday, suggesting sharp strains persist between authorities in Washington and Islamabad.

Two days ago, intelligence officials in Pakistan claimed that Kashmiri, a figure in both al Qaeda and a Pakistan-based affiliate, was killed by a US drone-borne missile in northwestern Pakistan.

Pakistani officials subsequently issued a series of statements about Kashmiri’s death. The nation’s interior minister told reporters on Monday: “I can confirm 100 per cent that he is dead. I got this information this morning.”

But US officials familiar with counterterrorism activities in the region said they still were unable to confirm Kashmiri’s death.

It was more likely than not, they said Monday evening, that the militant leader was still alive.

“It wouldn’t be the first time that reports of his death have been wrong,” one US official told Reuters. “We’re simply unable at this time to confirm reports of Kashmiri’s demise.

Our working assumption is that he’s still walking around.”

A second US official said government experts believed it was more likely that Kashmiri was alive, though they are not ruling out the possibility he was killed in a drone strike.

The US officials spoke on condition of anonymity.

The conflicting assessments from Washington and Islamabad indicate relations between the United States and Pakistan, which hit a low point after the US killing of Osama bin Laden last month in Pakistan, remain deeply troubled despite claims by both countries that they were improving.

US doubts

Kashmiri was wrongly reported to have been killed in a September 2009 drone strike. It is difficult to confirm the identities of people killed in drone strikes because they occur in remote areas not accessible to foreign journalists.

A Pakistani television station quoted the group that Kashmiri headed, an al Qaeda affiliate called Harkat-ul Jihad Islami, confirming his death. Britain’s Channel 4 News said the death had been confirmed by a senior HUJI commander and close aide of Kashmiri.

However, the SITE Institute, a US-based private group that monitors and translates messages posted on militant websites, on Monday cast doubt on an Internet photo said to be of Kashmiri’s dead body and an accompanying fax from HUJI confirming his death.

The US group said it actually appeared to be the body of another militant, Abu Dera Ismail Khan, who was killed in the militant attacks on Mumbai, India, in November 2008.

Diplomatic relations between the United States and Pakistan have suffered since last year, when the name of the CIA station chief in Pakistan was leaked to local media and the American official, who was supposed to be operating undercover, had to leave the country.

Relations worsened considerably after the arrest, and later release, of a CIA security contractor who had killed two Pakistani nationals in what the United States said was an armed robbery attempt. Then, US Navy SEALS killed bin Laden without giving advance notice to Pakistani authorities.

Ilyas Kashmiri, said to be a former Pakistani military officer, was high on a list Washington gave Pakistan of militants it wanted captured or killed, a Pakistani official said on condition of anonymity.

The US State Department has labeled Kashmiri a “specially designated global terrorist.”

Just read HAMID MIR's report about KASHMIRI in JANG NEWS today, very interesting.
one thing is pretty clear from his post that, former assets of the establishment like HAMID MIR are quite disillusioned with ISI & THE ESTABLISHMENT.

There is no name of the US official who said Pakistan helped US military in the drone attack, this update is just a conspiracy theory to ease the Pakistani people. and after all its not bbcnews.co.uk, its some fake site.

Fake BBC :rofl:
Washington post link not working :azn:

Fake?

And who has posted the WP link?

Looks like a Pakistani Web site named to appear affiliated to British Broadcasting Corporation

i never knew Pakistanis can do that, to much credit , eh? BTW, why dont the BBC take some action if the site is a fake. More, you said and i quote "Washington post link not working :azn:" (post # 274), but guess what, i never posted any link from WP!! Nor did the bbc website, it was only that the website attributed the news to the WP, though i have not visited WP to confirm it. So next time, make use of the empty space between your ears before you try to play smart.

The disbelievers will never accept anything from you until you let go of Islam completely...

Why do you bring Islam here, i have no issues with any religion, my question is that you people console yourself that you have helped the americans but the americans do not certify you as a partner in these targeted killings.
The one advice i can give to the Pakistanis is "Kill the terrorists yourself rather than telling the world you are the reason that the US were able to kill them". the world only knows you are the reason that these terrorist became terrorist in the first place.

Are you even remotely familiar with the term "not wanted to be naimed" or "wished to remain anonymous" ??? I doubt it other wise you would accept Pakistan did helped. But then again who gives a crap what you or other cadre of Indian bigots think. Continue with your rants.

i never knew Pakistanis can do that, to much credit , eh? BTW, why dont the BBC take some action if the site is a fake. More, you said and i quote "Washington post link not working :azn:" (post # 274), but guess what, i never posted any link from WP!! Nor did the bbc website, it was only that the website attributed the news to the WP, though i have not visited WP to confirm it. So next time, make use of the empty space between your ears before you try to play smart.

Ah ! the age old tactic of resorting to personal attacks when you have nothing of substance left.. Pretty much shows where the empty space exists. Am sure you must be finding it pretty hard to survive of forums where admins are not in your corner. :azn:

btw, here is an excerpt from your Pakistani BBC (I wonder what the full form is)

BBC News Update is Pakistan BBCNEWSUPDATE. website. Please know that while using this website and/or submitting information at this website you are volunteering the same; you are informed of the way such information may be used and you agree to such use.

privacy-policy | BBC News Update

:rofl:

and about Washington post.. Well here is what you wrote

Pakistan helped US target Kashmiri: reports | BBC News Update
Pakistan helped US target Kashmiri: Washington Post

Both the lines looked like 2 links provided to back up your point. Since there was no hyperlink in Washingtonpost, it seemed that the url codes got messed up..

but anyway, cant find this on any credible new sites.. Except the Pakistani BBC :rofl:

Another Rupee News in the making

^^ Try harder.

Anywaz, stop shifting your goal posts, it shows your inadequacy in terms of argument making. You started from terming the website fake, getting fooled and 'mistaking' simple text for 'messed up url codes' and ended up posting the website's privacy policy and no worthwhile counter-argument to support your rants. Guud job!

P.S. And no need to shed your catharsis by posting smiles

Why do you bring Islam here, i have no issues with any religion, my question is that you people console yourself that you have helped the americans but the americans do not certify you as a partner in these targeted killings.
The one advice i can give to the Pakistanis is "Kill the terrorists yourself rather than telling the world you are the reason that the US were able to kill them". the world only knows you are the reason that these terrorist became terrorist in the first place.

Actually this is a good post... Thumbs up

Back
Top Bottom