What's new

Ilyas Kashmiri - still alive

Kashmiri, a Harkat-ul-Jehad al-Islami (HuJI) commander, was said to have been felicitated by then Army chief General Pervez Musharraf and rewarded with Rs 1 lakh for bringing back “the head of an Indian officer”.

What a crap, i m not saying that this was good but before publishing this BS claims Indian express must have some SESNE, they must think a little before writing this, if their heads are not empty

Last edited:
Excuse me, i m not justifying be heading it was bad IF it happened but the Taliban in FATA has got nothing to do with Kashmir :angry:

Ilyas Kashmiri had planned to attack COAS

Friday, September 18, 2009
By Amir Mir

LAHORE: The reported death of the Ameer of the Azad Kashmir chapter of the Harkatul Jehadul Islami (HUJI) Commander Ilyas Kashmiri in a US drone attack on September 7 has confirmed that the trouble-stricken Waziristan region has become the new battlefield for the Kashmiri militant groups, which are increasingly joining forces with the pro-Taliban elements to fight out the Nato troops from Afghanistan.

Ilyas Kashmiri was considered to be one of the most dangerous al-Qaeda-linked Pakistani commanders. No 4 on the Pakistani Ministry of Interior’s most-wanted list, Kashmiri was a veteran of the Kashmir Jihad who had spent several years in an Indian jail after being arrested from Jammu & Kashmir. While the Pakistan chapter of HUJI is led by Qari Saifullah Akhtar, its Azad Kashmir chapter, which is autonomous, was headed by Ilyas Kashmiri. He was arrested by the Pakistani authorities after the December 2003 twin suicide attacks on General Musharraf’s presidential cavalcade in Rawalpindi, but released in February 2004 due to lack of evidence. However, according to the Pakistani militant circles, Kashmiri was released upon the intervention of the United Jehad Council (UJC).

After being released, Kashmiri switched from the freedom struggle in Jammu Kashmir to the Taliban-led resistance against the Nato forces in Afghanistan and shifted his base to the Waziristan region to join hands with TTP. He had later established a training camp in the Razmak area of Waziristan and shifted most of his militants from his Kotli training camp in Azad Kashmir. In May 2009, Ilyas Kashmiri was accused of plotting the assassination of Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, in collusion with al-Qaeda, largely because of the COAS’s lead role in the ongoing war against terrorism. General Kayani’s daily visits to a gymnasium were reportedly tracked by an al-Qaeda cell in Pakistan, and it was decided that he would be targeted by a suicide bomber as soon as he would step out of his car. However, the plan could not be materialised after being leaked out to the intelligence agencies.

Hardly two few weeks before Ilyas was accused of conspiring to target Kayani, he was named in a charge-sheet filed by the Islamabad police in the November 2008 gruesome murder of Major General (retd) Amir Faisal Alvi, the former General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Pakistan Army’s Special Services Group (SSG).

Key Pakistan militants 'killed'

Hundreds have been killed in drone attacks in the past year
Missiles fired by a US drone are believed to have killed an al-Qaeda chief and a top Uzbek militant in north-west Pakistan, officials say.

US and Pakistani officials say that the separate strikes took place in September on targets within the tribal region of North Waziristan.

Correspondents say that the reported deaths are another apparent victory for the controversial drone programme.

Officials have named the dead men as Ilyas Kashmiri and Nazimuddin.

A similar strike last month killed Pakistani Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud.

Pakistan's government publicly condemns drone attacks, arguing that they lead to anti-Americanism among people in areas that are hit by missiles. But many observers argue that Islamabad secretly endorses the tactic.

Pakistani intelligence officials say that Mr Kashmiri, a Pakistani national, was killed in a drone strike on a compound on 7 September, while Nazimuddin was killed on 14 September.

North Waziristan is part of Pakistan's tribal area close to the Afghan border. It is one of the country's most lawless regions where al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahri are believed to be hiding.

Suicide attack

The BBC's Syed Shoaib Hasan says that Ilyas Kashmiri was a founding member of the Harkat-e-Jihad-e-Islami (Huji) in Afghanistan in the mid-1980s.

The reported deaths follow on from the killing of Baitullah Mehsud
At that time Huji was one of the largest militant groups of Pakistani origin fighting the Soviets and had close links with many foreign militants from the Arabian peninsula.

These included a young Osama Bin Laden.

In the mid 1990s the Pakistani government began targeting the group after it was found to be involved in a plot by senior army officers to assassinate the elected Pakistani government led by Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

The group consequently went underground but continued its activities, with Ilyas Kashmiri taking control after the 9/11 attacks in the US.

In December 2004, Mr Kashmiri was arrested for his role in the attempted assassination of President Pervez Musharraf. The president barely escaped with his life in the double suicide attack on his convoy.

Mr Kashmiri was held for a month before being released without charge. Officials say he resumed his militant activities and recently was a key link between the Taliban and the Punjabi militant groups.

He was also said to be involved in the recent kidnapping and beheading of a Polish engineer, Pyotr Stanczak.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Key Pakistan militants 'killed'

Ilyas Kashmiri had planned to attack COAS

Ilyas Kashmiri was considered to be one of the most dangerous al-Qaeda-linked Pakistani commanders. No 4 on the Pakistani Ministry of Interior’s most-wanted list, Kashmiri was a veteran of the Kashmir Jihad who had spent several years in an Indian jail after being arrested from Jammu & Kashmir. While the Pakistan chapter of HUJI is led by Qari Saifullah Akhtar, its Azad Kashmir chapter, which is autonomous, was headed by Ilyas Kashmiri. He was arrested by the Pakistani authorities after the December 2003 twin suicide attacks on General Musharraf’s presidential cavalcade in Rawalpindi, but released in February 2004 due to lack of evidence.

He was released from Indian Jail & then by Pakistanis :blink:

----I removed the part here----

I am really disappointed by your post Gabbar :angry: Of all the wannabe Trolls on either side I thought you were a sane neutral and logical dude! :disagree:

You are quoting the Indian Express, for making such a huge claim. The Pak Army is a professional Army, it is not involved in such heinous activities. You dont even take the trouble to post neutral sources.

I am reporting your post!!!

:disagree:

Last edited:
The News report you posted has not mentioned Ilyas beheading anything. So the first article you've posted from Indian Express is mainly sensational tripe edited to making Pakistan look as bad as possible. The BBC report also makes no mention of this supposed 'action' in Kashmir, let alone of Musharraf rewarding him personally.

I am really disappointed by your post Gabbar :angry: Of all the wannabe Trolls on either side I thought you were a sane neutral and logical dude! :disagree:

You are quoting the Indian Express, for making such a huge claim. The Pak Army is a professional Army, it is not involved in such heinous activities. You dont even take the trouble to post neutral sources.

I am reporting your post!!!

:disagree:

Dont jump the gun dude, I did post some pakistani news links. I dont even want to discuss this thread anymore. It is just too discusting and inhumane. This will be my last post on this thread, I should of thought this through before I posted this news. You can report anything you want, but learn to handle some heat though

The only thing that is disgusting and inhumane about this thread is the Indian medias tendency to publish crap from the most dubious of sources. Not to mention misquoting and outright lying. Just because people like yourself want to believe what is being said against all sense, doesn't mean the rest of us have to as well. No point playing the 'honor' card with us over here.

The only thing that is disgusting and inhumane about this thread is the Indian medias tendency to publish crap from the most dubious of sources. Not to mention misquoting and outright lying. Just because people like yourself want to believe what is being said against all sense, doesn't mean the rest of us have to as well. No point playing the 'honor' card with us over here.

I am going against my words here only becasue I have to responds to you Karsky, If it was somebody else I wouldn't give a ***'s furry you know what. You guys have engraved in mind that all Indian media is full BS and driven by crazy monkey's. Yes there are some factions who like to jump things and try to gain market share by being biased. But having said that there are many and I repeate many honorabel and respected newspapers and news organizations. Indian Express is one of them. Can you or anybody make a claim that they dont have biased and rating gainer news organizations in thier country? Can any body?

I am not trying play any cards, weather you or anybody else care about it or not. It makes no difference what so ever.

I never claimed that my media is particularly respectable. But thats besides the point, you posted an article from the Indian Express that you claim is credible. I don't deny that there MAYBE credible media outfits in India still, but the article on its own merit appears to be nonsense. Because as I pointed out, it quotes The News from Pakistan as having said something which they obviously havent. You can defend that, try to explain or justify such blatant lying on behalf of the 'credible' Indian media. Or you'll accept what we've pointed out. But no need to turn everything into another 'we are still better than you debate' in regards to our media.

P.S. Also refrain from posting in blocky red letters. It can be quite disconcerting and is reserved for moderation purposes. Thanks.

Last edited:
We have sensationalist BS Printing organizations on either side.
We have good neutral un biased reliable ones on either side as well.
We have Pakistanis and Indians burning with blind hatred just for the sake of it.

Having said all that ^ My point was "My utmost regret about your post". I have not seen any similar stuff from you before. I thought you were un-biased. Why? Read below:

there are many and I repeate many honorabel and respected newspapers and news organizations. Indian Express is one of them.

If it had any, youv'e shown us now that it doesnt.

Do you understand the gravity of my words here Gabbar! that paper which you said is honrable, respected Claimed such a huge and miserable thing against a former COAS and President!!. Support or rejection at one side, would you like us ranting about your COAS or President with ill conceived and baseless accusations like that?!!.

I guarantee you this, even if I had the chance to do the same to your side, I wouldnt!!

You guys have engraved in mind that all Indian media is full BS and driven by crazy monkey's.

That same argument, your own seemingly, is currently playing against you!!. We are definitely not the ones showing Bias here.

Last edited:
What a crap, i m not saying that this was good but before publishing this BS claims Indian express must have some SESNE, they must think a little before writing this, if their heads are not empty

Yeah, could not agree more...

Almost seems like Musharraf is a kin of Hannibal Lecter :devil:...looks like a scene from a movie...

Still to pay Rs one lakh to bring back a head is too far fetched on many counts...

1) Serving chief and head of state would not meet an ex Army man who is now rogue and that too carrying a human head with him...what good this head would have done for Musharraf?

2) Pakistan Army does not take inspiration from Chengiz Khan or Tamer Lane and certainly does not make trophies out of its enemies heads to be presented for review and reward...if that was the case...we would have seen all the TTP heads in the military museum by now....

3) I have never seen such a picture in any Pakistani newspaper...this is a typical fill in the blanks sort of reporting and yellow journalism at its best...

I gotta say we dont need enemies when we have people like Hamid Mir, Ansar Abbasi in our media.

Hamid Mir Jafar...the reincarnation of the legendary traitor Mir Jafar of old...
This person is the biggest mouthpiece of the extremists and now the terrorists...

Ansar Abbasi is more of an attempt to cut a rather moderate figure...however he is just as venomous and dangerous....

The point about beheadings taking place is true.....i dont know about lakh rupee rewards or the heads being presented to senior army officers but there where instances of indian soldiers being beheaded by kashmiri fighters......it was in reponse to indian incursions and the killing of civilians on the LOC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom