What's new

I’m A Pakistani Hindu And This Is What I Think About My Country

they shouldn't, India is a secular country, no Hindu anywhere should feel a sense of loyalty because of reasons of faith, there no 'ummah' system in dharm, maybe loosely in a 'with all of mankind' kind of way, but not based on personal faith.
Not entirely true. But in any case, most of the religious tirthstans are in India and let's face it - open display of Hinduness may be costly. I know personally.

India should welcome anyone who wants to come over - there are not many anyway. No blame needs to be given on Pakistan, the aim should be entirely humanitarian. No political brownie points need to be scored in this matter.

so are Hindu treated better in Pakistan than Ahmadiyya? obviously both are Kafirs, but I wonder since Ahadiyya consider themselves Muslims that it's more personal to Pakistani Muslims.

Okay...The day when Pakistani Hindus and Sikhs will stop coming in India will be the day, I'll consider Pakistan a safe country for minorities.
And out of 2 million Hindus, how many are in Army or at any major position?
Sikhs in India are 2% and also Christians and Muslims and i can name many famous personalities who belong to these religions but can anyone say same about Pakistan?

Anantnag. :angel:
Am now in Gujarat, in a district almost bordering Sindh. About 150 km.
Really thats not what my uncle and his family calls it and he was born there

To thandi wadi sey 50 C :D
Enjoy the dust storms and try to avoid the weird looking.bushes with white sand at the base they tend to have nast scorpions on them

Okay...The day when Pakistani Hindus and Sikhs will stop coming in India will be the day, I'll consider Pakistan a safe country for minorities.
And out of 2 million Hindus, how many are in Army or at any major position?
Sikhs in India are 2% and also Christians and Muslims and i can name many famous personalities who belong to these religions but can anyone say same about Pakistan?
I dont know any famous hindus other than Deepak Perwani,Rana Bhagwan Das but i know a lot of famous Parsis and Christians(Pakistan,s rocket missile man was a Polish origin Catholic )

On the contrary - most of the Pakistanis I have met and known are far less fanatical and strict with respect to religion than Indian Muslims. There are more burqa clad women in Delhi than in Islamabad.
this is true, and a huge problem, most of the poor prefer their young to go madrassas rather than free government school, even in the heart of the capital (I'm from here) and I employ them often for mid sized projects so I know how its psychosis more than devotion with the ultra religious, it is completely out of control.

Not entirely true. But in any case, most of the religious tirthstans are in India and let's face it - open display of Hinduness may be costly. I know personally.
I know, and this is something that riles me greatly, that it is trendy and cool to make fun of your own :tsk:

India should welcome anyone who wants to come over - there are not many anyway. No blame needs to be given on Pakistan, the aim should be entirely humanitarian. No political brownie points need to be scored in this matter.
but hasn't it always been like that, regardless of who calls the shots at the centre anyway ?

so are Hindu treated better in Pakistan than Ahmadiyya? obviously both are Kafirs, but I wonder since Ahadiyya consider themselves Muslims that it's more personal to Pakistani Muslims.
I tend to think hindus and christians are treated better than ahmedis... these two keep their heads down and do not confront any religious belief... in fairness the mullahs see no reason to hassle hindus and christians and leave them alone.

lack of opportunities, lack of education, against discrimination whatsoever is there

:what: which city you are talking about. I can imagine every kind of pimp in Islamic republic of Pakistan BUT NOT Sikhs.

I have never seen or heard any
that will be very stupid thing to do, especially if you are already having a decent life. you will lose whatever fancy car you got, your women get raped, or you get killed. Its not as if govt is going to be on your side all the time or give you bodyguard. It will only create bad blood with majority community. besides the numbers are too tiny to make much difference.

i have more then 30 Clinets, who are Hindu's ,and when ever they came to me, they were surprised, when i discussed with them about their religion, they asked me question on my beliefs, and u know what we laugh a lot about how these mullah and pundits created hates between us.

so we are human being first, then Muslim and Hindu's, and Islam always unit people not divide.

that will be very stupid thing to do, especially if you are already having a decent life. you will lose whatever fancy car you got, your women get raped, or you get killed. Its not as if govt is going to be on your side all the time or give you bodyguard. It will only create bad blood with majority community. besides the numbers are too tiny to make much difference.

you are talking about hinduitvas right

but hasn't it always been like that, regardless of who calls the shots at the centre anyway ?
Yes, pretty much.

Agree with the rest too. :tup: Only that 'psychosis' or not... the net result is the same - exclusion. Never good. Kids of all backgrounds, classes etc should learn, play and grow together. That is where the sense of belonging, unity comes from.

No, Ahmadis in Pakistan live like kings. No one bothers us, the government gives us all free schools and people kiss our hands when they find out we are Ahmadi. Truly, being an Ahmadi in Pakistan is the best feeling, one that everyone should come and experience.

Last edited:
well thats also same problem, you are just choosing same career that rest of your biradri chose.. you dont want to follow your dream and fail(become singer or sportsperson) because your own people wont respect you.. its similar in UK too.

I actually think its a desi thing, I remember my parents doing the same

I saw a Sikh Pakistani family in an expensive car today when i was going to hospital and that gave me so much happiness and pride that I never felt inferior while traveling in an auto.

The crux is at least I have seen Sikhs in Kpk/Peshawar going for better jobs as compared to Christians and Hindus. I do not know when they will muster courage to start massive protest and stand up
KPK has always been religiously more tolerant that other provinces inspite of being overwhelmingly muslim.

There are many in Pakistan who want to convert us or just kill us.

The frequencies of these incidents increase exponentially as you move towards the more rural areas of the country. That is not to say that those in the cities have it safe, just that they have it a lot better than their rural counterparts. So the minorities try to play it extra safe and keep their heads low. And keep their heads low they do. It starts off small, like not going out after 10, instructing your child to not mingle with Muslims or avoiding any sort of confrontation (even where it’s required) and then it grows to not sending your daughters outside the area for a better education/opportunities, or marrying them early. That’s the reason for the dwindling populace: the Hindus in villages or smaller cities move to Larkana or Sukkur, those in Larkana/Sukkur move to Hyderabad/Karachi, and those in Hyderabad/Karachi move to India or developed nations altogether, that is assuming they’ve survived the abductions, rape, lynching, blasphemy accusations, targeted shooting, blasts and murder.

I do not want to converse the ignorance (and there is lot) of both countries, but one thing is true, that the minorities in India does not go thru what has been underline.

I doubt it, it's probably worse, see this, a pakistani passport form:
Cj3nrzQWkAAEYCW.jpg

...when you have to declare that the leader of the ahmaddiyas is an imposter and that they are non muslims, imagine how things will be :lol:

Back
Top Bottom