What's new

Imran Khan: If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

Exactly what you said in the above paragraph.

And tell them one time, two times, then stop. No need to go around killing them. Their choice.
You didnt get it, they wont mind if you cover your head but they'll kill you if you wear really modest clothes, but only your head isnt covered
That's why hijab pisses me off

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Islam is in the heart not in what you wear. End of discussion.

But hijab and allah hafiz ARE new things, they are innovations foreign to us. So we have every right to protect our identity.
Also what exactly is your efinition of hijab? The weird arab head scarf or the afghan burka or the wahabbi niqab?

Wearing a suit and tie is also foreign to our land. As is saying "happy birthday".

Personal freedom means exactly that. As long as no one is getting harmed, it is no one else's business.

Bhai,
Pakistan is a nation with global significance. What happens in your nation will make its effect in the world specially in india. We aren't bothered about what happens in Nauru or Burundi as it won't affect us in anyway. But pakistan is not in the same side. BTW,kindly reply in english bro!

An excellant response. Pakistanis need to understand that not all people in India wish us ill. Our success and peace will translate into better environment in the region which will help all the countries in the region.
Araz

he is either bluffing for the votes to impress the voters or becoming Bhutto.

Wearing a suit and tie is also foreign to our land. As is saying "happy birthday".

Personal freedom means exactly that. As long as no one is getting harmed, it is no one else's business.

Some people dont get that.

Imran khan's statement would create a lot of misunderstandings especially in the west. At first , i thought that secular nature will be sacrificed in pakistan. But,my pak bros here has cleared my misunderstandings. Misunderstandings of west means more hatred towards pakistan and islam,means more tension. When there is tension in neighbourhood,won't it bother me?

Pakistan can't walk on eggshells to appease Western sensibilities. Instead, it can show the world what it means to be a modern Islamic welfare state that respects all its citizens equally.

An excellant response. Pakistanis need to understand that not all people in India wish us ill. Our success and peace will translate into better environment in the region which will help all the countries in the region.
Araz

Indians and pakistanies- how long can we fight? After all,we together have shed a lot blood post '47!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Pakistan can't walk on eggshells to appease Western sensibilities. Instead, it can show the world what it means to be a modern Islamic welfare state that respects all its citizens equally.

I wasn't asking you to impress the west.
And i agree with you,even though i am a deist,i think somebody has to clear the misconceptions on islam,and may pakistan be able to do that.

Contradicting yourself, wearing a suit and tie, not saying allah hafiz instead khuda, saying happy birthday, not wearing hijab isnt harming anyone either

Pakistan has around 1% income tax compliance rate. Just collecting proper taxes will generate more than enough money -- starting with the feudals.

Amazed at the level on which you make it that simple! You should be an economist for PTI, who are currently 'working' on developing an economic policy for the party because Imran Khan was sleeping from past 15 years [ as per PTI website ] - One line solutions for Pakistan.

Thats another issue how he will 'collect' the taxes from feudals, capitalists, landlords, pirs, and all other known corrupt low-lifes who are supporting and joining him.

Contradicting yourself, wearing a suit and tie, not saying allah hafiz instead khuda, saying happy birthday, not wearing hijab isnt harming anyone either

No contradiction. I am saying Pakistanis should be free to say "Allah hafiz" or "Khuda hafiz"; wear shalwar kameez or hijab or skirt. It should be each individual's choice.

Society will set broad limits based on agreed upon concepts of decency but, within those constraints, individual freedoms should be respected.

Amazed at the level on which you make it that simple! You should be an economist for PTI, who are currently 'working' on developing an economic policy for the party because Imran Khan was sleeping from past 15 years [ as per PTI website ] - One line solutions for Pakistan.

Can you tell us why the concept of tax enforcement is flawed -- especially given such rampant tax evasion? Are you just cynical or do you have alternative solutions? If so, it would be better to propose them as an alternative and help Pakistan in the process.

After all, that is our common goal, is it not?

Thats another issue how he will 'collect' the taxes from feudals, capitalists, landlords, pirs, and all other known corrupt low-lifes who are supporting and joining him.

There is no doubt that some vested interests will try to join the party and sabotage the platform. This will be a test of Imran Khan to see how he keeps them in check.

We do know that the other parties are hopelessly compromised. We know Imran Khan has shown honesty and integrity in his dealings with charity work. Until and unless there is reason to doubt his integrity, he deserves our support.

The guy doesn't have any economic policy. All he speaks of is Tax Revenue, like people are desperate to pay taxes. I pay Rs. 500/Acre in tax per annum. and that's more than enough for the living standards of Pakistan. Don't expect people to pay 40+% income in taxes. Come up with some policy instead. I only see some lazy, starved youth, who've no income to pay taxes from, voting some of his candidates, most of whom have sincerely served a Traitor for 6 years opposing almost all the policies Imran endorses. The only respectable person in PTI, to me, is Javed Hashmi.

The guy doesn't have any economic policy. All he speaks of is Tax Revenue, like people are desperate to pay taxes. I pay Rs. 500/Acre in tax per annum. and that's more than enough for the living standards of Pakistan. Don't expect people to pay 40+% income in taxes. Come up with some policy instead. I only see some lazy, starved youth, who've no income to pay taxes from, voting some of his candidates, most of whom have sincerely served a Traitor for 6 years opposing almost all the policies Imran endorses. The only respectable person in PTI, to me, is Javed Hashmi.
Sir people will pay Taxes as long as they trust government and Sir he has whole economic team with him and he will give economic policy and all faces are not corrupt and finally he is better than the old mafias

As long as he doesn't make me pay Jizya tax or follow Zia's Islamization, it's all good then.

Back
Top Bottom