What's new

Imran Khan unhappy with Pak's response to Indian dossier

kenchabhai

BANNED
Reaction score
NEW DELHI
: Former cricketer and chief of Tehreek-e-Insaaf party Imran Khan has said that the Pakistani response to the Indian dossier linking
perpetrators of Mumbai attacks with Pakistan nationals has left a lot to be desired. In an interview to TOI, Khan said he and majority of Pakistanis wanted those responsible for Mumbai punished and that he found it difficult to believe that just 10 men could have executed the attacks.

In response to a question about reports suggesting that Pakistan is planning to shift the blame to groups operating outside Pakistan, Khan said he was not happy with Islamabad's response.

"I am not happy and the vast majority in Pakistan thinks the same. Except for the extremist fringe, the entire country wants the perpetrators of Mumbai, no matter who they are, to be punished. However, the response by Pakistan's government has been disjointed," Khan said in the telephonic interview, adding that Pakistan needed to make a coherent statement on the probe.

On being asked about the Indian dossier, Khan said it seemed to him that the attacks couldn't have been committed by just 10 men. "From what I know, the government is ready to make a statement on the probe carried out by Pakistan. I am not an insider but it is difficult to believe that the attacks could have been committed by just 10 men. I think India could have made things easier by agreeing to a joint probe but it was sabotaged. However, I do believe that things will eventually lead to a joint probe," Khan said.

Khan, however, also said that India did not make things easier for Pakistan by making George Bush-like statements. "I would say what exacerbated the situation was statements emanating from India about bombing Pakistan and initiating war. I know the public was furious, but the leadership could have been more sensible initially. India would have always had the option of bombing Pakistan in any case," Khan added.

Khan had recently in an "open letter" to President Barack Obama urged him to carry out a strategic review of US policy in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He had asked Washington not to link aid with Pakistan's performance in the war on terror in the FATA areas and requested troop withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Imran Khan unhappy with Pak's response to Indian dossier-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

Wow, that's some news. I think Imran Khan is one of few men in Pakistan having guts for speaking the truth. Let's hope he can affect GoP.

Wow, that's some news. I think Imran Khan is one of few men in Pakistan having guts for speaking the truth. Let's hope he can affect GoP.

y dont u tell me which pakistani said that attackers (who so ever they are) shouldnt be brought to justice???? may be ur logic is too pure for us to understand

lets just say imran khan has a problem with just about anything
i wouldnt trust his words
he has flip-flopped quite too often

Khan saheb still party animal and his circle lies in India. Once in every few months he their and have fun....

y dont u tell me which pakistani said that attackers (who so ever they are) shouldnt be brought to justice???? may be ur logic is too pure for us to understand

Sorry, but couldn't get you.

Imran Khan is one of the very few political leaders in Pakistan who criticized GoP for its actions / lack of actions. Isn't he? And that's what I have underlined in my reply.

Please explain your question.

Imran Khan is one of the very few political leaders in Pakistan who criticized GoP for its actions / lack of actions. Isn't he? And that's what I have underlined in my reply.

u seemed to be gettin excited about his statment. wat i was sayin is that everyone in pakistan says the same thing including to gov so there is nothing special in his statement....
if u didnt mean that, im sorry for wastin ur time

well to whom do u trust sir?

Mushy?? :disagree:

zardari? :hitwall:

nawaz?:eek:

do we have other options?

The point is that he has also criticized the GoP, both the current and former, for going after Taliban militants. He woudl rather pull the military out and go back to the failed process of 'dialog' from a position of weakness.

The GoP has acted as it shoudl, for the most part, and is investigating the incident with whatever information it has. I don't think there is much more the GoP can do.

IK needs to explain what exactly about the GoP's response to the Indian dossier he did not like, instead o making vague statements like these for political point scoring.

True. This guy even asked for evidence of Al-Qaeda's involvement in 9/11(As I read somewhere).
He seems to have a problem with everything.

Back
Top Bottom