What's new

In Some Parts Of America, Looting Has Become A Way Of Life

It said that from hundreds of cranes, only 7 that were operating. So they lack of labors who operate the cranes. Unless they lack of power, which mean US face a serious energy shortage. Which is impossible.

Maybe they're not lazy, but Trump money gave them no reason to work.
The reason why only part of the equipment in U.S. ports operates is not because of a lack of workers, but because there is not enough free space for unloaded containers.

San Francisco is hit THREE nights in a row with looting! And what's surprising is that a uniformed police official is blaming the lenient laws for the continuing rampage.

Though not asked, none in the People's Republic of Santa Monica that I can see.

Domestically there is no logistics issue, at least in Southern California.

There is just an import log jam at the ports (places like Long Beach). Some kiddies may not get their Chinese-made gifts this Christmas cause the ports couldn't unload all the containers. They are working 24/7 in 3 shifts however.

We have some capital equipment from Shenzhen that is supposed to be at my work 2 weeks ago.

It is still pending at customs.

We are losing money literally by the day.

We have some capital equipment from Shenzhen that is supposed to be at my work 2 weeks ago.

Sorry to hear this brother. These govt. idiots are getting more inefficient by the day.

Hard to fire people in govt. jobs so all you have is slackers.

Is it because demand (imports) is too much so your order has to get in line and wait its turn?

Or, because lack of manpower. I cannot think of COVID slowing down ports in the US unlike how it periodically does in China when cases are detected and areas are quaranteened?

Is it because demand (imports) is too much so your order has to get in line and wait its turn?

Or, because lack of manpower. I cannot think of COVID slowing down ports in the US unlike how it periodically does in China when cases are detected and areas are quaranteened?

Ports in the US were affected. They had lockdowns and port activity did stop AFAIK.

When things got better - they opened up the ports and a container logjam started (Long beach is closest to me which I can report on).

Things got really bad, Long Beach Longshoremen are now working around the clock , three shifts a day to clear up the Logjam. Like brother @MH.Yang commented, space for storage of containers is limited, which compounds the problem further. You can only stack up containers so high safely, port straddle carriers and container stackers cannot work beyond a certain height.

Last edited:
Ports in the US were affected. They had lockdowns and port activity did stop AFAIK.

When things got better - they opened up the ports and a container logjam started (Long beach is closest to me which I can report on).

Things got really bad, Long Beach Longshoremen are now working around the clock , three shifts a day to clear up the Logjam. Like brother @MH.Yang commented, space for storage of containers is limited, which compounds the problem further. You can only stock up containers so high for safety, straddle carriers and container stackers cannot work beyond a certain height.

Why are there so many containers in American ports? Because almost all cargo ships returning to China from the USA are empty.
American ports are blocked, and the owners of these ships would rather go to China empty than wait for American goods to board.
China is now in short supply of containers, and the container gap has reached 2 million TEUs. This led to a sharp rise in freight costs (the average price rose from $1800 to $12000) and a rise in the prices of Chinese exports (China's domestic prices were not affected), which further exacerbated inflation in the USA.
IMG_20211124_164125.jpg

Due to the lack of containers, China can only madly manufacture new containers and put them into use. These new containers were also sent to American ports and will not be shipped back, and there are more and more containers in American ports.
Now the ports of the two countries have entered a dead circle, the USA is getting more and more blocked, and the freight rate in China is getting higher and higher. The trade departments of the two countries have discussed many times and there is no solution for the time being.

it is being held up at the port.

The most important reason is that the US govt is unable to handle too many containers. They do not lack workers, but lack enough port space, that is to say, this is the work mistake of the U.S. port management agency.
Of course, if they have enough trucks to carry away the containers, it can also solve the problem. The U.S. govt will not admit that it was the incompetence of port management that led to the crisis, so the U.S. media said it was the laziness of truck drivers that led to the crisis. In fact, Even if American truck drivers working 24 hours a day can't save American ports.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom