What's new

India announces huge defence budget

I dont think India is begging from IMF for grants/loans/aids etc. Neither India is begging from other countries.

Pehle baat to aapko ghabrana nahi hai :lol:
Nahi ghabra rahey . Wo pochna tha jab itney village China bana raha ha ek Village hum bhi bana ley amritsar mey ? 🤔

$600B in education? Please elaborate.

Does China has all free education?
A total of 5.0175 trillion yuan (789billion $)was spent on education in 2021, an increase of 8.74 percent over last year.
Of this total, the financial expenditure on education was 4.0049 trillion yuan(630billion $), an increase of 8.25% over the previous year. In 2021, the total investment in preschool education, compulsory education, senior high school education and higher education was 409.9 billion yuan, 2.278 trillion yuan, 773 billion yuan and 1.3464 trillion yuan respectively, an increase of 11.63%,9.12%,7.53% and 11.99 %respectively over the previous year.

China implements nine-year compulsory education, with students in primary school for six years and junior high school for three years, with a total of nine years of education free of charge.
In public kindergartens from three to six years old, parents pay a small portion of the cost of care and meals, and the government provides places and teachers' salaries.
Fees are charged for high schools and universities, but school construction and teachers' salaries are still paid by the government. This is also the tuition fee of one of China's top universities is only 5,000 yuan a year, which has not changed for more than a decade.
In terms of quota, nine-year compulsory education spends the most. Homogeneous higher education, such as Tsinghua University, has a budget of 31.7 billion yuan, US $5 billion in 2021, with 53000 students, the annual tuition fee is 5000 yuan, and the total annual tuition fee is only 260 million yuan.The budget of this university is higher than defence budget of most countries.

Last edited:
Revised data shows defence spending this year was actually a bit more than allocated.
Navy actually overspent by a lot.

You should try to comprehend the tweet. In an year where India had border battles happening with PLA, India Army only used 40% of their allocated amount i.e allocated ₹25,377 cr but spent only ₹10,105 cr ( 1010500 / 25377 = 39.819 %)

To all the Pakistanis jumping up and down, total allocation of defence ministry is 70.5 billion dollars. For a GDP of 2650 billions (that actually is the GDP of 2020-2021 and NOT projected GDP of 2021-2022 which is projected to be 3120 billions); this yields a percentage of 70 / 2650 = 2.64 %. For a comparison, Pakistan spends about 3.1% of its GDP on defence (8.8 billion defence budget on a GDP of 280 billion (2021)).

Who cares. Modi can budget 10% of GDP but will end up spending only 1% and gullible Modi bhakts will go gaga over that news.

The standoff with China must be costing them more than an arm and a leg right now if they feel the need to increase the budget like that!!

The standoff with China must be costing them more than an arm and a leg right now if they feel the need to increase the budget like that!!

Not really. Modi will talk but spends nothing. All he did was cancel deal after deal.

If PLA occupies more land, he will just say no one is in our territory.

Modi has literally given a free pass to China to occupy as much Indian land as they want.

If its indian then it's Huuuuuuuge,suppaaaaaaa ,gigantic enormous, k2 , mount Everest, deo, dinosaurs ------

You are lucky they reported in dollars. Otherwise usually they write in CRORRREESSZZ!!! 9988775544883311008841111333 CRROREEEZZ PAISAS!!!! LoL..

Huge defence budget? It is extremely modest, I'd say much lower than expected. There is just way too much non-capital expenditure, i.e., a lot of spending on wasteful stuff like maintaining facilities for senior commanders.

Given that we have a lot of archaic equipment to replace, this should have cross $80 billion during the year. We are simply not spending enough and every year, forces return some of the allocated money due to mismanagement.

A total of 5.0175 trillion yuan (789billion $)was spent on education in 2021, an increase of 8.74 percent over last year.
Of this total, the financial expenditure on education was 4.0049 trillion yuan(630billion $), an increase of 8.25% over the previous year. In 2021, the total investment in preschool education, compulsory education, senior high school education and higher education was 409.9 billion yuan, 2.278 trillion yuan, 773 billion yuan and 1.3464 trillion yuan respectively, an increase of 11.63%,9.12%,7.53% and 11.99 %respectively over the previous year.

China implements nine-year compulsory education, with students in primary school for six years and junior high school for three years, with a total of nine years of education free of charge.
In public kindergartens from three to six years old, parents pay a small portion of the cost of care and meals, and the government provides places and teachers' salaries.
Fees are charged for high schools and universities, but school construction and teachers' salaries are still paid by the government. This is also the tuition fee of one of China's top universities is only 5,000 yuan a year, which has not changed for more than a decade.
In terms of quota, nine-year compulsory education spends the most. Homogeneous higher education, such as Tsinghua University, has a budget of 31.7 billion yuan, US $5 billion in 2021, with 53000 students, the annual tuition fee is 5000 yuan, and the total annual tuition fee is only 260 million yuan.The budget of this university is higher than defence budget of most countries.

I want to understand more about this, as those are huge numbers there....but not now, when I get some time.

Traditionally, India also heavily heavily subsidized higher level education. For ex: I paid only $20 as tuition fees for my 4-year engineering education (about $5 per year). Some of my friends (whose parents don't have good income) had received almost free loding + meals + tuition. If those students do not need hostels, then they received almost free transport from home to college and back for entire year.

But as the economy is growing, the trend is that subsidies on higher education is being removed to a certain extent, and those subsidies are being moved to primary and secondary schools.

Problem with education in India is lack of good primary & secondary schools in villages / remote areas.

India is proud they did not use a single bullet against Chinese.

I wonder where budget goes, if too scared to tackle China on own "territory".

I want to understand more about this, as those are huge numbers there....but not now, when I get some time.

Traditionally, India also heavily heavily subsidized higher level education. For ex: I paid only $20 as tuition fees for my 4-year engineering education (about $5 per year). Some of my friends (whose parents don't have good income) had received almost free loding + meals + tuition. If those students do not need hostels, then they received almost free transport from home to college and back for entire year.

But as the economy is growing, the trend is that subsidies on higher education is being removed to a certain extent, and those subsidies are being moved to primary and secondary schools.

Problem with education in India is lack of good primary & secondary schools in villages / remote areas.
This is another problem, the relationship between quality and free. Often, free in many countries means that the quality is relatively low, in fact, it is not possible to provide free that is unaffordable or greatly reduced in quality across the stage of economic development. When I was in primary and junior high school, I still had to pay part of the tuition fee at that time, and it was not completely free until 2008. Because the government revenue is relatively small, it is impossible to provide high-quality education alone, so it is partly provided by the government and partly funded by parents' tuition fees. So there is not a big gap between rural basic education and urban basic education. I went to primary, junior high school and senior high school in rural areas. When I was in junior high school, I was in a very small school in rural areas. In 1996, the school already had computers and projectors. When I was learning chemistry, I would watch experimental videos and slides, as well as slides, independent playgrounds and basketball courts. There were altogether five classes and 300 students in the three grades of junior high school. At that time, the best building in rural areas was the school. In fact, many things are not encouraged to be completely free of charge, such as the construction of cement roads in our village, which has always been paid by the central finance, local finance and villagers, and a small part of the money by the villagers, because only by paying their own money will they feel that the road is their own. Other people's things will not be particularly cherished, and their own things will always be cherished when they are used.

Indians fully agreed to USA anti China policy and put themselves forward as a country to stop China. Now thee defence budget has to reflect this blunder from there Indian policy makers
dont worry US is compensating india with huge Aid to India. Indians are famous for begging professionaly.

Indian budget be like...
1643786162064.png

China's military budget alone is around half of India's union budget.

China's military budget alone is around half of India's union budget.
India's defence budget is alone more than entire budget of pakistan.

Nahi ghabra rahey . Wo pochna tha jab itney village China bana raha ha ek Village hum bhi bana ley amritsar mey ? 🤔

Bhai koshish to aapne kare the. Par Bangladesh ban gaya.

Back
Top Bottom