What's new

India bans 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok, ShareIt, UC Browser

App wont work in India its blocked not the question of region.. if u dont know about these things, dont post BS, please dont misguide others.. thank u
I doubt the existing apps just “stopped working” on people's phones. India wouldn't dare go that extreme to seize servers from Chinese companies.

ban will be lifted in a few weeks as India feels the heat from WTO, this whole thing only serves the purpose of making Modi look tough for a while.

106380020_672250173365654_7825994848089430217_n.jpg

Tiktok itself has taken off, they say they r compiling woth GOI directives.
I doubt the existing apps just “stopped working” on people's phones. India wouldn't dare go that extreme to seize servers from Chinese companies.

ban will be lifted in a few weeks as India feels the heat from WTO, this whole thing only serves the purpose of making Modi look tough for a while.

and CN has blocked few Indian online news portals

No.. its blocked via ISP

They will work via VPN,
You can try any good paid vpn,
I can give guarantee they will work,

American failed to defeat Chinese in trade war,
I think banning apps or trade will not work for Indian,
Even trade ban will affect Indians but not Chinese,
Japanese also failed to defeat Chinese in trade,

Reason is because there is demand of Chinese product due low price and better quality,
And India is not rich like other south asian countries..
Chinese product are not more low quality like those were 2-3 decades ago,

Huawei, Oppo, MI and other brands are capturing markets,
Even if you have American products like Notebook/PC, Only chips are American, all parts and spare parts are Chinese..

They will work via VPN,
You can try any good paid vpn,
I can give guarantee they will work,

American failed to defeat Chinese in trade war,
I think banning apps or trade will not work for Indian,
Even trade ban will affect Indians but not Chinese,
Japanese also failed to defeat Chinese in trade,

Reason is because there is demand of Chinese product due low price and better quality,
And India is not rich like other south asian countries..
Chinese product are not more low quality like those were 2-3 decades ago,

Huawei, Oppo, MI and other brands are capturing markets,
Even if you have American products like Notebook/PC, Only chips are American, all parts and spare parts are Chinese..
The whole point is to capture the market, able to create content and put ads on it. All that is gone.
1. Do you think Facebook/Google make even a single $ out of china, may be few Chinese use Facebook/Google over VPN vs 1.4B if Govt would have allowed it.
2. Look at above article TikTok is losing $0.5M every day due to this single move.

3. Quality really doesnt matter. Why the best state of art tech in the world that is coming from western world is banned in China. It is always the Govt decision.

4. Huawei is banned all over the world now. no VPN can help it, same is try for any Phone, Notebook in coming days.

5. China economy had gone downward since the POTUS has gone against them.

Denial is not the answer. Accept the reality and find the solution is. First part of the solution is acceptance.

Tomorrow if POTUS says ban Huawei in Pakistan else we stop F16 support, what will IK do? That day is not far when such request will start coming.

Then it'll work via a VPN.
If you have to resort to VPN, then the sustainability of the app is gone then. I can bet you that most users on Tik Tok don't even know what a VPN is, much less how to use them. With that being sad, I don't think China expects the ban to last for long ...

If you have to resort to VPN, then the sustainability of the app is gone then. I can bet you that most users on Tik Tok don't even know what a VPN is, much less how to use them. With that being sad, I don't think China expects the ban to last for long ...

It's obviously true. Most people don't know what a VPN is or how to use it. The person I replied to clearly has no clue. He thinks an ISP block means you can't bypass restrictions using a VPN. lol

The ban from India is confusing. It doesn't really accomplish much of anything. If it's a warning shot and there's more to come, then that's understandable. But as it stands, the response doesn't seem befitting of a self declared superpower.

When China engages in boycotts, there's a readily available alternative and it packs an economic punch. When India does it, it's based purely on emotion with absolutely no game plan. I genuinely don't understand how banning TikTok will impede China's "intrusions" into India. In China, the state controls the corporations. In the US, the corporations control the state. Therefore, when China boycotts US goods, it works because US corporations will lobby the US government. When India is boycotting Chinese goods, it doesn't work because Chinese corporations can't lobby the Chinese government. India blindly copying Chinese boycotts and bans seems foolish.

It's obviously true. Most people don't know what a VPN is or how to use it. The person I replied to clearly has no clue. He thinks an ISP block means you can't bypass restrictions using a VPN. lol

The ban from India is confusing. It doesn't really accomplish much of anything. If it's a warning shot and there's more to come, then that's understandable. But as it stands, the response doesn't seem befitting of a self declared superpower.

When China engages in boycotts, there's a readily available alternative and it packs an economic punch. When India does it, it's based purely on emotion with absolutely no game plan. I genuinely don't understand how banning TikTok will impede China's "intrusions" into India. In China, the state controls the corporations. In the US, the corporations control the state. Therefore, when China boycotts US goods, it works because US corporations will lobby the US government. When India is boycotting Chinese goods, it doesn't work because Chinese corporations can't lobby the Chinese government. India blindly copying Chinese boycotts and bans seems foolish.
Probably, its just more than a symbolic ban...

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1193243.shtml
Chinese internet company ByteDance - the parent of the TikTok and Helo apps - could lose up to $6 billion after the Indian government banned 59 Chinese apps following a deadly border clash between Indian and Chinese troops last month, a source close to the matter said.

Probably, its just more than a symbolic ban...

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1193243.shtml
Chinese internet company ByteDance - the parent of the TikTok and Helo apps - could lose up to $6 billion after the Indian government banned 59 Chinese apps following a deadly border clash between Indian and Chinese troops last month, a source close to the matter said.

How did they come up with the $6 billion figure? If this figure is true, then India should expect Chinese economic retaliation. India will lose that battle. For that reason, I expect the ban to be reversed.

Do you have any information on how effective the ban is in India? Is there an alternative people are jumping to?

How did they come up with the $6 billion figure? If this figure is true, then India should expect Chinese economic retaliation. India will lose that battle. For that reason, I expect the ban to be reversed.

Do you have any information on how effective the ban is in India? Is there an alternative people are jumping to?

bytedance market cap is $78 billion and makes $20 billion in revenue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom