What's new

India blocks China's bid in Brazil oilfield

ok if u'r so much obsessed about the readership of TOI and so much interested to discuss about it nobody is stopping u from opening a new thread. if criticizing someone who is not related to the topic is not trolling i dont know what is.any ways i'm least interested in this news or even readership of TOI or even arguing with u regarding this "important" topic. not every indian subscribes it we have more than 82000 other news papers.thank u

LOL, just look at your insecurity. You can't even gracefully discuss it without resorting to name calling me a troll. What are you insecure about really?

LOL, just look at your insecurity. You can't even gracefully discuss it without resorting to name calling me a troll. What are you insecure about really?

insecurity- regarding the issue which i dont give a damn about??
gracefully discuss- about the readership of TOI??as i said i dont give a damn about ur inner thoughts.
name calling-trying desperately to get the topic off hand like i said people call them trolls
as i said..not interested in either the news in the thread or in defending toi.u can bash it as much as u like.

nuff said...:smokin:

insecurity- regarding the issue which i dont give a damn about??
gracefully discuss- about the readership of TOI??as i said i dont give a damn about ur inner thoughts.
name calling-trying desperately to get the topic off hand like i said people call them trolls
as i said..not interested in either the news in the thread or in defending toi.u can bash it as much as u like.

nuff said...:smokin:

well then dont call me a troll, you troll.

I was thinking of why India is so obsess with China and not wanting to compete with the US. And the answer dawn on me. In the Indian hierarchy of castes, North East Indian, which look closely resemble to Chinese, or generally schedule tribes. So in effect, Chinese are people that they would look down upon in Indian society. American white people, on the other hand, are regarded as the "pure" Brahmin race as the original Aryan invaders are white race. The Brahmin Indians regard themselves as white, as evident from their usage of skin whitening creams and going to sites like storm front to support them. (Even though they were told to f*k off) So its just that much more frustrating when they are clearly overmatch by someone that would regard as a "schedule tribe" nation such as China. So they are obsess with China. To sum it up, their obsession with China is rooted in the caste base culture. And also their worship of the west is rooted in the same culture.

Yes. What you said matches the TRUTH !!!

Two 14 billion oil deals in as many days for China,yet our Indian friends have gone high on an Indian oil concern's decision to exercise its pre-emptive right in one tiny oilfield。:azn:

India should strive to close deals of a magitude that Chinese oil companies do these days。

September 18, 2013, 8:00 p.m. ET

Venezuela Secures Energy Deals With China

President Maduro to Make State Visit to Beijing

By KEJAL VYAS

CARACAS—Venezuela will partner with China National Petroleum Corp. on a $14 billion development project in the country's Orinoco heavy oil belt, one of a handful of investments secured by Venezuelan officials during a trip to China this week in preparation for President Nicolás Maduro's state visit to Beijing on Saturday.

Venezuela is looking to fortify relations with its Asian ally, which over the last several years has granted the South American country around $40 billion in loans. In exchange, China receives 600,000 barrels of oil a day and access to Venezuela's vast natural resources, whose development still requires massive investment.

The state visit will be Mr. Maduro's first since taking office in April, following the death of charismatic leader Hugo Chávez. Relations between China and Venezuela broadly strengthened during Mr. Maduro's almost seven years as foreign minister in the Chávez administration.

Venezuela's Oil Minister Rafael Ramírez, who is among those leading the Venezuelan delegation seeking to secure investments for the country's mining and energy sectors, said in a message posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday that the new deal with CNPC will go toward the Junín 10 bloc, set to produce 220,000 barrels a day.:coffee:

Mr. Ramírez didn't give further details. The post was confirmed by a spokesman at state energy company Petróleos de Venezuela, or PdVSA.

Early production at Junín 10 started last year with PdVSA as sole operator after Venezuela scrapped plans to seek a partner in early 2010.

A day earlier, Mr. Ramírez said a separate deal was reached with China Petrochemical Corp., also known as Sinopec, to develop Venezuela's Junín 1 heavy oil bloc, which will also require $14 billion and produce 200,000 barrels a day.:coffee:

Officials also finalized terms for a previously announced injection of $5 billion into a joint development fund between Venezuela and the China Development Bank:coffee:, said Mr. Ramírez.

The $5 billion loan from China could help Venezuela in the short term by giving the government more dollars to funnel into the local economy, said Barclays analyst Alejandro Arreaza.

The country has struggled with dollar liquidity problems stemming from imbalances in its strict government-controlled foreign-exchange system. The resulting shortage of greenbacks has led to sharp depreciation of the local currency on the black market.

In addition, the Export-Import Bank of China will loan Venezuela's state petrochemicals company Pequiven $390 million for a new port.:coffee:

Mr. Ramírez said his party had secured funding from Chinese banks for a mining survey around the country and had agreed with China's Citic Group to move forward with gold-mining projects in Venezuela's large Las Cristinas deposits.:coffee:

Venezuela Secures Energy, Mining Deals With China - WSJ.com

China is a good yardstick to follow... USA is way too far. Only e-warriors don't like China... Indians in general like China and love Chinese food.

Also, why would Indians want to complete with China. Shouldn't Indians want to be more like the US and compete with the US? Why not go for being the best instead of obsess with a country that you don't like anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom