What's new

'India can leave China behind in manufacturing if given certain facilities' Delhi CM suggests

East Asia is not the only developed region in the world. In fact western countries have been industrialised and developed before East Asian countries and we don't have the collective mindset of East Asian countries per se.

Sure. I never claimed that East Asia was the only industrialized region in the world, that would be ridiculous.

The topic here however is whether India can repeat the breadth and speed of China's industrialization and surpass it. I think so far the evidence would not support this.

Will nuclear reactors use Linux ? Will the ISS' Canadarm use Linux ? Will Mercedes cars use Linux ?

I am not quite a military enthusiast but below are the military applications and customers of QNX :

What is this "a lot of work" ?

That is why I said "initially". :)

Before 2002 QNX was never an industry leading product. Maybe 2-3% martketshare. After 2002 it has all been Linux.

Count the number of engineers ARM has by country

Initially Linux was x86 version of Unix which is an American invention

India is already doomed, it's just that the idiots here who are still refusing to believe it. This Indian journalist in his 50s summed up quite well, his generation already lost hope. Maybe the ones in their 20s, 30s still think it can surpass China. Whatever the circumstances are China has already left India so far behind it is virtually impossible to catch up. 1989 - 2020 China grew 33x while India 6x lets wait and see the numbers for 1989 - 2025 and 1989 - 2030

Education of the general population isn't the reason China has progressed economically.
The reason is cheap labor
Really, if so India should see the fastest growth in the world instead of shrinking economy

Indian workers work longest, earn the least
Updated: 22 Feb 2021, 05:16 PM IST
Rukmini S

India’s new draft labour codes, which envisage a shorter work week, may offer some flexibility to a small section of the country’s workforce. But it is not going to reduce working hours in a country that has among the longest working hours in the world.

For white collar workers who have made an easy transition to working from home, the prospect of a four-day work week, as proposed by India’s new labour codes, created some excitement recently.

But for the bulk of India’s workforce working in the informal sector - and for many skilled workers too - the new proposal will mean little or even, potentially, worse conditions.

Indians are already among the most overworked workers globally. Gambia, Mongolia, Maldives, and Qatar (where a quarter of the population is Indian) are the only countries where an average worker works longer than an Indian worker, data from the International Labour Organization (ILO) shows.

With a 48-hour working week, India ranks fifth among all countries for which ILO estimates actual mean working hours. The estimates are derived from household surveys conducted by national agencies. For most countries, the data refers to 2019 but for a few, it pertains to previous years.

Despite their long hours, Indian workers are not making much money. India had the lowest statutory minimum wage of any country in the Asia Pacific region, except for Bangladesh as of 2019.

India’s minimum wages are among the lowest in the world, except for some sub-Saharan African nations, according to the 2020-21 ILO Global Wage Report. Actual wage levels can differ from the statutory minimum wages across countries but the two tend to be closely linked, especially for blue collar workers.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/indian-workers-work-longest-earn-the-least-11613973376743.html

gaw muttar will make you strong and beat china on the hills of gallwan. Lots of chinese women will beg for the strongest hairy indian men from hill tops. They will cry out oh chairman modi I love your 56 inch chest, pick me up like a china doll.

gaw muttar will make you strong and beat china on the hills of gallwan. Lots of chinese women will beg for the strongest hairy indian men from hill tops. They will cry out oh chairman modi I love your 56 inch chest, pick me up like a china doll.

yes! by keep thinking that way, India will become number 1 country in the world! [emoji23]

To be fair , its the Chinese on PDF who are arrogant and ultra nationalistic as well. I have been to China more than twice and I can attest that Chinese in China are very humble actually. I didn't see any arrogance at all during all my times there. Neither does their government brag about achievements as such. So Chinese on PDF don't represent the real picture at all. I'm even surprised by the way some of them react on here.

Agree 100%

To be fair, it's not that PDF Chinese members are arrogant or ultra nationalistic, rather, they are able to read MSM and they know how their country and people are portraited and smeared in the West, in staggering contrast to what they are living in. They are at most defensive and angry, but more like in disbelieve that the West can be so wrong and so unfair and malicious when it comes to China.

'India can leave China behind in manufacturing if given certain facilities' Delhi CM suggests
Updated: 20 Feb 2021, 05:18 PM IST
20210203162L_1613821591088_1613821607313.jpg

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal

Arvind Kejriwal, chief minister of Delhi, said on Saturday that India has potential to leave China behind in manufacturing, given certain facilities. He was speaking at the governing council meeting of Niti Aayog.

"If state and central government set up manufacturing hubs, give tax breaks and all necessary facilities to manufacturers especially to medium & small industries so that they can make products cheaper than China, then it'll create jobs and we can leave China behind in manufacturing," Kejriwal said.

"We didn't focus on manufacturing in last 70 years. Our country is lagging behind in manufacturing. The way Chinese products are replacing India products, it is necessary that we aggressively pursue manufacturing," Delhi chief minister added.

"We need to aggressively promote start-ups. It will create a huge number of jobs in the country," Kejriwal said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday urged the centre and state to work closely to boost economic growth. He also made a strong statement for repealing archaic laws and making it easier to do business in India

"Centre and states should work together for the nation's progress... The government has to respect and give due representation to the private sector for economic progress," Modi said while speaking at the governing council meeting of Niti Aayog.

He said that the positive response to the Union Budget 2021-22 indicates that the country wants to move forward on the path of development at greater speed.

PM MoModi said that the initiatives taken by the government would provide opportunity to everyone to participate in nation building to its full potential.

He asked the states to form committees to reduce regulations which are no longer relevant in the wake of technology growth.

Modi further said that the private sector of the country is coming forward with more enthusiasm in this development journey of the country.

"As a government, we also have to honour this enthusiasm, the energy of the private sector, and give it as much opportunity in the AatmaNirbhar Bharat campaign," he added.

not possible even in next 50 years .

Back
Top Bottom