What's new

India developing ATGM, shoulder launched version

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Found this while going through the reports..something interesting mentioned..

DSC05254-721189-774585.jpg

DRDO is now developing number of advanced variants of the Nag missile, the diffrent versions are Helina, land based, Air-launched and Man portable

Helina : (HELIcopter launched NAg)with a range of 7-8 km, launched from twin-tube stub wing-mounted launchers on board the armed HAL Dhruv and HAL Light Combat Helicopter which are produced by state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL). It will be structurally different from the Nag. The Helina is expected to be tested by the end of 2010.

land version : will also have its range extended by development of a mast-mounted missile launcher that will be hydraulically raised out to a height of five metres to enable the Nag missile to acquire its targets out to a distance of 7-8 km.

Air-launched : 10 km-range variant launched from tactical interdiction aircraft like the upgraded Jaguar IS. It will use a nose-mounted millimetric-wave active radar seeker.

Man portable : DRDL will also start working on the,`Man Portable' version that is the shoulder launched version of Nag and it will be tested very soon. It would weigh less than 14 kg.

Means MANPAD version of NAG is not shelved yet...
Plus the range for land version will be increased to 7-8 km..:tup:

This is great! I don't see the point why IA is complicating the inventory with mixing so many different types. I think we shouldn't buy Javelins now, upgrade our existing MANPAD systems and wait for Nag MANPAD to release.

Man portable : DRDL will also start working on the,`Man Portable' version that is the shoulder launched version of Nag and it will be tested very soon. It would weigh less than 14 kg.

This is best from my point of view

Air-launched : 10 km-range variant launched from tactical interdiction aircraft like the upgraded Jaguar IS. It will use a nose-mounted millimetric-wave active radar seeker.

The MMW is finally coming to shape....

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we own develop MMW active radar seeker or import from other country ???

Any Good news. But I like that IA buy Javelin coze it is best and also it is gap-filler form now also IA need 2-3 type of different Man-pad for different condition. like Milan(France) & 9M133 Kornet (Russia).

Did we own develop MMW active radar seeker or import from other country ???

No, its still under developement, I dont think we are importing one. It is under developement since Nag has come into picture.

Back
Top Bottom