What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Surat,Gujarat

14938.jpg

14937.jpg

14936.jpg

Surat_Sky_ONGC_Plant_n.jpg

Surat_Sky_Dumas_Road2n.jpg

First stop flying figures without giving reliable sources. Second Pakistan is significantly smaller country so of course it is going to have less road network. That is simple logic. What I can tell you our motorway program began in 1989 and was actioned in 1993 with first motorway (M2) opening in 1997. That is Lahore was connected to Islamabad over 18 years ago. After that the M2 was began which linked Afghan border/Peshawar to Islamabad. Since then the network is being continously expanded. The list of M1,M2,M3,M4,M8 and M9 are increasing.

This is map of the Hazara Expressway being built right now not too far from my ancestoral home. This will link with Karakorum Highway and on to China.

hasanmansehra_zps9b2f06f4.png

pm-performs-ground-breaking-of-hazara-expressway-1417277292-1810.jpg

DSC01373.JPG

Through Karakorum mountains and onto China

1517836d1418656469-tour-hunza-china-border-november-20141121_122444.jpg

Lahore+Ring+Road.jpg

The national network - This is built to connect the unique geography of the country. Every country will have differant layout.

Yes, of course because your a bigger country which means more people thus more resources. End of day it pans out even. Larger area but more people.

Again for crying out loud stop dumping claims without any sources or facts. FACT: In 2011 India had 1000/18 car ownership rate. Pakistan 2010 1000/18. So both are about same so do tell me how does DElhi end up having more cars than all of Pakistan's cities? Has rest of India driven their cars to Delhi?

I don't want to go on and ruin this thread so this is my last post. Anymore open another thread but I will say Pakistan was the first country is South Asia to initiate motorway project way back in late 1980s. By mid 1990s some elements of the network were taking shape. Please refer to motorway map in previous post. 1997 saw the opening of M2 motorway from Islamabad to Lahore. This was the first motorway opened in South Asia. Since then many more motorways have been built. From borders of Afghanistan to borders of India going down south the network is exapanding every year since 1989.

And please note I am excluding the 4 lane N roads like the famous GT road. These tend to be old roads that have been duplicated by addition of extra two lanes with a divider in the middle. This below is example of N road. In this case the old GT road which today is 4 lanes with divider.

Hattian-G.T.-Road-Kamra-Cantt-Punjab-Pakistan-Highways-of-Pakistan-Punjab-Hazro-Attock-Chhachh-07.jpg

N-5 ( old GT road )This used to go from Kabul, Afghanistan to Peshawar over to Lahore and across Wagah to Amritsar, India.

GT_Road_Pakistan.jpg

Old sign on GT road

21040431.jpg

The old N roads even when they have 4 lanes follow the old alignment. All the motorways in Pakistan have cut "new earth" and follow entirely new alignments and are designed with 70mph speed. All M (8/6 combo ) roads are toll whereas all N ( 4 lanes mostly ) roads are free.

So for example the 4 lane divided expressway built recently from Islamabad up into the mountains towards Murree and Kashmir ) video below ) is defined as "N" because although it is grade restricted but because of the mountains the twists and turns do not meet motorway spec.

Apology to the OP for going off tangent. I will say though that Pakistan has done well on the road infrastructure. From the coast of Balochistan to mountains of Karakorum to the plains of Punjab or Sindh to the rugged Afghan border in Khyber Pakhtunkwa a impressive network has been evloving for over two decades now in the form of the motorways. Work still goes on to spread it out more and link more regions. With CPEC in the works work is going to rise to another level.

pakistan motorways are very high quality, similar to autobahn/ us interstate system. Such a good quality road in a 3rd world country is quite an achievement.

First stop flying figures without giving reliable sources. Second Pakistan is significantly smaller country so of course it is going to have less road network. That is simple logic. What I can tell you our motorway program began in 1989 and was actioned in 1993 with first motorway (M2) opening in 1997. That is Lahore was connected to Islamabad over 18 years ago. After that the M2 was began which linked Afghan border/Peshawar to Islamabad. Since then the network is being continously expanded. The list of M1,M2,M3,M4,M8 and M9 are increasing.

This is map of the Hazara Expressway being built right now not too far from my ancestoral home. This will link with Karakorum Highway and on to China.

hasanmansehra_zps9b2f06f4.png

pm-performs-ground-breaking-of-hazara-expressway-1417277292-1810.jpg

DSC01373.JPG

Through Karakorum mountains and onto China

1517836d1418656469-tour-hunza-china-border-november-20141121_122444.jpg

Lahore+Ring+Road.jpg

The national network - This is built to connect the unique geography of the country. Every country will have differant layout.

Yes, of course because your a bigger country which means more people thus more resources. End of day it pans out even. Larger area but more people.

Again for crying out loud stop dumping claims without any sources or facts. FACT: In 2011 India had 1000/18 car ownership rate. Pakistan 2010 1000/18. So both are about same so do tell me how does DElhi end up having more cars than all of Pakistan's cities? Has rest of India driven their cars to Delhi?

I don't want to go on and ruin this thread so this is my last post. Anymore open another thread but I will say Pakistan was the first country is South Asia to initiate motorway project way back in late 1980s. By mid 1990s some elements of the network were taking shape. Please refer to motorway map in previous post. 1997 saw the opening of M2 motorway from Islamabad to Lahore. This was the first motorway opened in South Asia. Since then many more motorways have been built. From borders of Afghanistan to borders of India going down south the network is exapanding every year since 1989.

And please note I am excluding the 4 lane N roads like the famous GT road. These tend to be old roads that have been duplicated by addition of extra two lanes with a divider in the middle. This below is example of N road. In this case the old GT road which today is 4 lanes with divider.

Hattian-G.T.-Road-Kamra-Cantt-Punjab-Pakistan-Highways-of-Pakistan-Punjab-Hazro-Attock-Chhachh-07.jpg

N-5 ( old GT road )This used to go from Kabul, Afghanistan to Peshawar over to Lahore and across Wagah to Amritsar, India.

GT_Road_Pakistan.jpg

Old sign on GT road

21040431.jpg

The old N roads even when they have 4 lanes follow the old alignment. All the motorways in Pakistan have cut "new earth" and follow entirely new alignments and are designed with 70mph speed. All M (8/6 combo ) roads are toll whereas all N ( 4 lanes mostly ) roads are free.

So for example the 4 lane divided expressway built recently from Islamabad up into the mountains towards Murree and Kashmir ) video below ) is defined as "N" because although it is grade restricted but because of the mountains the twists and turns do not meet motorway spec.

Apology to the OP for going off tangent. I will say though that Pakistan has done well on the road infrastructure. From the coast of Balochistan to mountains of Karakorum to the plains of Punjab or Sindh to the rugged Afghan border in Khyber Pakhtunkwa a impressive network has been evloving for over two decades now in the form of the motorways. Work still goes on to spread it out more and link more regions. With CPEC in the works work is going to rise to another level.

I am not bluffing.Here is the proof that Delhi NCR is having 8.25 million vehicles in 2015.

6% rise in vehicular population in Delhi | Zee News

Now you can figure out vehicle population of karachi+lahore+islamabad+peshawar+ whatever big cities you have,still it never comes 8.25 million vehicles.

The road network of Delhi has also increased from 32,131 lane km in 2007-08 to 33,198 lane km in 2014-15.

a1.jpg

India too have a National Highway network (NH-series).

We presently have 96,260 km of national highways of which 22,900 plus km are 4/6 lanes with the remaining 50,000 km two laned.The pics I posted earlier were actually these National Highways.

Photo2.jpg

highways.jpg

There are two other tiers - State Highways & MDRs where almost 10,000 km is four laned (most of them resembles the GT road picture,you posted )

Four Lane State Highway

64700809.jpg

Two Lane State highway

4834619645_6477906b6f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you want to force these fake stuff down our throats. You Indians think we are such fools to beleive all the stuff you all post in these threads.

Please keep your fake propaganda to yourselves. Pakistanis are not fools. Slum land propaganda has no effect on us.

jealous_o_138355.gif

Why do you want to force these fake stuff down our throats. You Indians think we are such fools to beleive all the stuff you all post in these threads.

Please keep your fake propaganda to yourselves. Pakistanis are not fools. Slum land propaganda has no effect on us.

Troll alert

There have been some trolls here lately and we have been directly responding to their insults. Please DONT do that. We have nothing to prove to p@kis. If you want to reply, do not directly address their lies. Respond with memes to close the "discussion" or just don't reply at all. Please understand that we have a long way to go as the thread righly says but realize that p@kis have a much much longer to and they are moving very slowly and in many areas, they are actually going backwards. The gaps are getting wider every year. Their troll posts stem from the insecurities relating to this uncomfortable truth. Realize that and be happy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom