What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

f0d0e1478aed06cf96e73536b38c0df0.png
443243e57b58aa2086fe947702391901.png
Project_Status_05.jpg

Oxygen towers,VIZAG!!

It’s going to be a new landmark in Visakhapatnam. It is also bringing in a totally new approach to construction technologies used and management of the workforce during the process. In the heart of the city Sethammadhara will see two giant towers rising before its eyes housing a total of 680 luxury apartments in a G+34-storied Lansum Oxygen Towers with around 15 lakh sft of built up area in 4.13 acres.

The amenities on the ground floor and common spaces created alone will come to roughly 50,000 sft. It will have four cellars for parking with each of the flats getting parking space for two cars.

Proving the real estate pundits right that with pressure on land prospective constructions will rise vertically to meet increasing demand for housing, the towers optimise the use of land.

Each of the floors is designed to have 10 flats with five models and different plinth areas ranging from 2,150 sft to 2,700 sft. Some of the bigger flats have a room for maid. Besides while the other characteristics are common, bigger flats have more balcony areas.

Implicit, however, is the high cost of the unit with the expertise that the agencies involved bring to do the work safe and fast and better and the building management systems required to make living in it hassle-free. A group representative said all the clearances, including that of the Airports Authority of India, the Fire Department and the Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board, have also been obtained. Only when clearances from all the other departments are obtained, the GVMC gives the final approval. Apart from road width that allowed it to get approvals for the towers, internal traffic management is also important.

As mandated the towers will have connecting corridors up to six floors and for every five floors after that and terrace floors, says S. Vijay Kumar, CMD of Vijay Nirman that is executing the project. Both detection of fire and protection are part of the fire safety norms, he says.

It has a shear wall concept that makes it withstand wind-load and seismic resistant, he elaborates. For construction it will use aluminium form work in which the slab for the roof and walls will be cast monolithically at one go.

It will be modular with all fixtures like electrical conduits, plugging, plumbing, precast avoiding chipping and chiselling.

But the cost of aluminium form work is substantially high, he points out.

Mechanising the system reduces labour component and almost eliminates the scope for human error.

Polymer-based admixtures will be used to make it self-compacting. Curing compounds will be used to the extent possible to make the construction dry to the maximum.

Every three floors will be taken as a unit and once the basic frame is ready the finishing will be completed in two months. Though in value engineering cost can be optimised and wastage minimised, it is important to see that there are not many resource spikes, he points out.

Dwelling on the intricacies and discipline required in taking up such a huge structure with automation, he said zone-wise some people will be authorised to enter and operate the machines.

To the work force also mock-training and safety drills need to be conducted.

The amenities on the ground floor and common spaces created alone will come to roughly 50,000 sft

^^^
Maruti's plant, Gurgaon

When I see the difference, I wonder if it's not just a land grab?

Delhi is really picking up. I was impressed at how the gurgeon area has grown.I used to work there so I now know the difference.

I went to Tirupati Balaji by car from Satara, Maharashtra.

I loved the 4 lane/6 lane stretch highway extending from Satara to Bangalore, it was a delighted experience.
Especially 6 lane highway from Bangalore to further 300-400 km north... was very good highway with car speed continously above 130 kmph through night.

I went to Tirupati Balaji by car from Satara, Maharashtra.

I loved the 4 lane/6 lane stretch highway extending from Satara to Bangalore, it was a delighted experience.
Especially 6 lane highway from Bangalore to further 300-400 km north... was very good highway with car speed continously above 130 kmph through night.

almost all 4 to 6 interstate highways are a dream. I went 300 Kms from Bangalore to Pondicherry- what an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ride it was!!!!

Is Pune BRTS still functional?
Pune BRTS

IMG_20151114_WA0002.jpg

IMG_20151114_WA0003.jpg

IMG_20151114_WA0004.jpg

IMG_20151114_WA0006.jpg

IMG_20151114_WA0008.jpg

I haven't seen update on Oxygen Towers on SSC.... Are these on hold.
f0d0e1478aed06cf96e73536b38c0df0.png
443243e57b58aa2086fe947702391901.png
Project_Status_05.jpg

Oxygen towers,VIZAG!!

It’s going to be a new landmark in Visakhapatnam. It is also bringing in a totally new approach to construction technologies used and management of the workforce during the process. In the heart of the city Sethammadhara will see two giant towers rising before its eyes housing a total of 680 luxury apartments in a G+34-storied Lansum Oxygen Towers with around 15 lakh sft of built up area in 4.13 acres.

The amenities on the ground floor and common spaces created alone will come to roughly 50,000 sft. It will have four cellars for parking with each of the flats getting parking space for two cars.

Proving the real estate pundits right that with pressure on land prospective constructions will rise vertically to meet increasing demand for housing, the towers optimise the use of land.

Each of the floors is designed to have 10 flats with five models and different plinth areas ranging from 2,150 sft to 2,700 sft. Some of the bigger flats have a room for maid. Besides while the other characteristics are common, bigger flats have more balcony areas.

Implicit, however, is the high cost of the unit with the expertise that the agencies involved bring to do the work safe and fast and better and the building management systems required to make living in it hassle-free. A group representative said all the clearances, including that of the Airports Authority of India, the Fire Department and the Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board, have also been obtained. Only when clearances from all the other departments are obtained, the GVMC gives the final approval. Apart from road width that allowed it to get approvals for the towers, internal traffic management is also important.

As mandated the towers will have connecting corridors up to six floors and for every five floors after that and terrace floors, says S. Vijay Kumar, CMD of Vijay Nirman that is executing the project. Both detection of fire and protection are part of the fire safety norms, he says.

It has a shear wall concept that makes it withstand wind-load and seismic resistant, he elaborates. For construction it will use aluminium form work in which the slab for the roof and walls will be cast monolithically at one go.

It will be modular with all fixtures like electrical conduits, plugging, plumbing, precast avoiding chipping and chiselling.

But the cost of aluminium form work is substantially high, he points out.

Mechanising the system reduces labour component and almost eliminates the scope for human error.

Polymer-based admixtures will be used to make it self-compacting. Curing compounds will be used to the extent possible to make the construction dry to the maximum.

Every three floors will be taken as a unit and once the basic frame is ready the finishing will be completed in two months. Though in value engineering cost can be optimised and wastage minimised, it is important to see that there are not many resource spikes, he points out.

Dwelling on the intricacies and discipline required in taking up such a huge structure with automation, he said zone-wise some people will be authorised to enter and operate the machines.

To the work force also mock-training and safety drills need to be conducted.

The amenities on the ground floor and common spaces created alone will come to roughly 50,000 sft

^^^
Maruti's plant, Gurgaon

When I see the difference, I wonder if it's not just a land grab?

More land grab, this time from the south. My apologies, i forgot to add the other land grabs of BMW, Hyundai(the biggest land grab outside of China and korea) and ther Renault-Nissan/Datsun land grabs

Yamaha, Chennai.

India-Yamaha-Motors-Chennai-plant-birds-eye-view-official.jpg

Mercedes-Daimiler Chennai

2048_DICV-Oragadam-Plant-1.jpg

Ford ,chennai
Ford-green.jpg

Nice! Small cities like Vizag getting vertical developmment
I wouldn't call it a small city...Yeah it's great we are seeing the development at least now...in terms of GDP it ranks 10th in the country!!(26billion USD)

It takes time to build a capital city from ground up like Amravati.. In the meantime Vizag could benefit immensely. There are lots of things going for it. Awesome place.

Background101.jpg
Yeah!! After the division vizag is getting the recognition that is long due!!
Work is on full swing for central committees smart city project and for fleet review as well!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom