What's new

India expanding submarine force to meet China threat

There is no comparison between chinese and indian subs.
China already has a xia class boomer with 12 SLBM.
India has none.

never known people to be so proud of someones else achievements. :)

while the Chinese fleet does have a larger number of subs . i do doubt their quality . but then this is not my strong suit:)

Not feasible to send replenishment ships and sub-rescue surface vessels - too many IN bases on
dotted islands throughout Malacca Strait armed with anti-ship missiles and air support...like INS Baaz.

Do you think that Auxiliaries ship without warships for mission?

never known people to be so proud of someones else achievements. :)

while the Chinese fleet does have a larger number of subs . i do doubt their quality . but then this is not my strong suit:)

Yes, much of their Submarine fleet consists of old Romeo class submarines, India even retired the Advanced Foxtrot class back in the 90s and the last one in 2003.

No, PLAN subs cannot operate with 100 Japanese P-3Cs flying above, atleast not the AIP and non-AIP subs.

An extensive air campaign with J-10/J-11/Su-27 against the P-3Cs will have to be conducted to remove
their threat, Japanese P-3C is protected by F-2 & F-15 fighters if air threat is present. Su-27SK is obsolete,
Mitsubishi F-2 is better than J-10 and J-11 will have a hard time fighting with F-15 Eagle.

Are you kidding me?
Do you know whats F-2 and F-15J?
Only 16 F-2s and 62 F-15Js(APG-63(v)1) can use medium-range active radar-guided AAM .

Do you think that F-2 with AIM-7 better than J-10 with PL-12?

This article has some glaring mistakes... when did india started building " two 65000 tonnes aircraft carriers"??? When did the lease of "two" akula class taken place??? and who said rafale was a "$18 billion" project?? these guys must learn something before vomitting these BS :angry:

Conventional submarines is one area we have not payed attention and we need to catch up fast.

China already has 12 kilo class subs,so that pretty much is enough for India's existing fleet.
Next year china will start inducting Qing class subs,with enough room for ballistic missiles.
Indian suba dont have capability of carrying ballistic missiles and it doesnt look like new one will have the ability.

So why give a misguiding title to the article.
These subs and newer subs are way behind what china has,and no chance for india for counteracting chinese under sea presence.

As if diesel electric submarines with limited range and submerged capability will come all thew ay from SCS to have any capability in the IOR,the only submarines in china's arsenal capable of military action in the IOR are the nucleur attack subs which have the endurance and range.
And let's see what do we got?5 old noisy and obsolete han class subs.And only 4 relatively new type093 shang class.So while china's navy while huge and awesome in its own backyard has very little power projection capability in the IOR.
Better understand the difference between numerical power on paper and effective power on the particular combat scenario before making baseless comments.

Back
Top Bottom