What's new

India faces terror from another front

^^ Well, now we have a high ranking Indian Army officer (Hindu) being investigated. I just read that links between him (his 'group') and the bombing of the Samjhauta express will also be explored.

I think that if the 'Hindu right' gains power and momentum in this particular direction, it will become a very hard problem to overcome.

Its good that the officer is being investigated - its quite a shocking case and unprecedented as well. Indian army has a more or less pristine record in this regard - and such things should be brought to light quickly and disposed off efficiently.

The 'Hindu right' IMO has its merits, but then one has to weigh the merits against the costs, and I hope that the balance doesn't tilt towards the wrong side of the scale.

Yeah it will be nightmare, But I don't think that is the case. "Hindu right" have not have support from majority Hindus.

The case against Army officer is under investigation allegation do pop up, India army has stringent rules against fundamentalists of any religion.

One doesn't need support from the majority to stage terror attacks - a tiny minority is enough - I think that much is clear from what we know about terrorists.

The most powerful force which will prevent hindu terrorism is hinduism itself - its simply not built to support this kind of thinking. it is too accommodating of diverse religious views.

However, when the motivation is "revenge", one doesn't need scriptural justification. The attack on one's identity is enough.

Yeah it will be nightmare, But I don't think that is the case. "Hindu right" have not have support from majority Hindus.

The case against Army officer is under investigation allegation do pop up, India army has stringent rules against fundamentalists of any religion.

Not just that. Indian soldiers are NOT ALLOWED to talk about RELIGION and POLITICS. It is a strict NO-NO.
Rule breakers will only end up with sentry duties and washing laundry for their entire company.:yahoo:

GoI is treating terrorism with kids gloves owing to religious sensitivities (hindu or muslim) and in the long run it is going to affect the social fabric a lot, if it is not dealt with iron fist.

It is only Congress that follows a pussy policy. BJP wasn't that cozy with terrorism. J&K and Naxals were very well handled by the BJP govt.

It is only Congress that follows a pussy policy. BJP wasn't that cozy with terrorism. J&K and Naxals were very well handled by the BJP govt.

To be frank, BJP did nothing but more rhetoric without any action. What did it do with respect to illegal immigrants in Assam, who are now posing a major internal security threat. Only during present AP govt., naxalites have been dealt firmly. Much of its top and middle rung in AP is perished.

In a Developing World, Its quite normal for a vast country like India. This was obvious situation for Russia after USSR dissociated. Making allies doesn't really helps virtually. India has to learn how to counteract its so called "neighbours" in a diplomatic way just as Indonesia does

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom