What's new

India fears sudden change in Bangladesh

mmm...well, MBI Munshi is a lawyer for starters :lol:

I guess, offlate he is not getting any case to fight in court & earn money.

LOL, jab dhandha hua Manda to failane lage PDF pe ganda.

mmm...well, MBI Munshi is a lawyer for starters :lol:

Who can bite and chew and is not scared to take on a challenge .............

May be some of the people who comment on me should grow a pair first then they would know what it is like to actually stand for something.

Bashing India & hating India business do have money right. Looks like anything with a mention of India is making money nowadays.

My business has nothing to do with bashing or hating India .......

Amazingly the transcript of the Indian PM's press conference has been changed and not omits the offending comments on Bangladesh -

Corrected transcript of the interaction between the PM and Newspaper Editors

June 29, 2011
New Delhi

Q-1: Sir, you did not mention anything about our neighbourhood.

A: Well, neighbourhood worries me a great deal, quite frankly

You have a situation in Sri Lanka. The decimation of the LTTE was something which is good. But the Tamil problem does not disappear with the defeat of the LTTE. The Tamil population has legitimate grievances. They feel they hev been reduced over the years to second-class citizens. And our emphasis has been to persuade the Sri Lankan government that we must move towards a new system of institutional reforms, where the Tamil people will have a feeling that they are equal citizens of Sri Lanka, and they can lead and live a life of dignity and self-respect. It is not easy because within Sri Lanka’s population, there are hotheads, Sinhala chauvinism is a reality. But we have to find a difficult balance because what happens in Sri Lanka has a domestic dimension also. The Tamil Nadu government and assembly have shown great worry about what is happening. Our challenge is to keep the Tamil Nadu government on our side. And I have had good cooperation with Jayalalithaa-ji. I raised this matter with her the very first time. What she asked of me was moderate. Whatever be the resolutions that were passed in the assembly, I found her fully conscious of the complexities and the realities of managing this relationship.

So a very uncertain neighbourhood. A very uncertain international, economic environment. We have to swim and keep our heads high.

Amazingly the transcript of the Indian PM's press conference has been changed and not omits the offending comments on Bangladesh -

Corrected transcript of the interaction between the PM and Newspaper Editors

June 29, 2011
New Delhi

Q-1: Sir, you did not mention anything about our neighbourhood.

A: Well, neighbourhood worries me a great deal, quite frankly

You have a situation in Sri Lanka. The decimation of the LTTE was something which is good. But the Tamil problem does not disappear with the defeat of the LTTE. The Tamil population has legitimate grievances. They feel they hev been reduced over the years to second-class citizens. And our emphasis has been to persuade the Sri Lankan government that we must move towards a new system of institutional reforms, where the Tamil people will have a feeling that they are equal citizens of Sri Lanka, and they can lead and live a life of dignity and self-respect. It is not easy because within Sri Lanka’s population, there are hotheads, Sinhala chauvinism is a reality. But we have to find a difficult balance because what happens in Sri Lanka has a domestic dimension also. The Tamil Nadu government and assembly have shown great worry about what is happening. Our challenge is to keep the Tamil Nadu government on our side. And I have had good cooperation with Jayalalithaa-ji. I raised this matter with her the very first time. What she asked of me was moderate. Whatever be the resolutions that were passed in the assembly, I found her fully conscious of the complexities and the realities of managing this relationship.

So a very uncertain neighbourhood. A very uncertain international, economic environment. We have to swim and keep our heads high.

You frightened him. :lol:

My business has nothing to do with bashing or hating India .......

I endorse that.

Not one single comment is posted after each anti India thread that is regularly initiated.

Merely reporting the issues as it happens.

Check: not one beyond India because news only happens around India and the remainder world is a dead corpse.

No bashing at all!

Just pure news gathering to calm the over-active pancreas and the feared heart flutter!

I am reminded of the serenity of Guatama Buddha!!

I guess, offlate he is not getting any case to fight in court & earn money.

LOL, jab dhandha hua Manda to failane lage PDF pe ganda.

A Barrister is highly regarded person.

In a subcontinental country, Barristers charge an arm and a leg.

They wallow in luxury.

They don't have to do anything else unless they are proved not quite upto the mark.

There is this popular term 'Briefless Barrister'

Tales of a briefless barrister
Tales of a briefless barrister - Google Books

'Briefless Barrister'

briefless - (of lawyers or barristers) lacking clients.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/briefless

There you go once again using twisting logic in your own ways to prove your outrageous claims. You see only what you want to see. No one here is anti india. We love India. If it wasn't for India, we wouldn't be able to enjoy Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif , Bipasha Basu,etc.
But we just don't like how our own govt is selling us out. We are happy that SHAKE Hasina has dismantled ULFA bases and did other work for India, but at the same time, the awami hooligans have increased in thousands. I believe majority of the posters here feel that our current govt prioritises india over bangladesh.

I don't go again, my good friend.

The posts speak for themselves.

To be sure, Indians are not an ungrateful lot, nor arrogant as you all assume.

Sheik Hassina and her activity in Bangladesh is an internal issue and there is no quibble over Bangladeshis decide their own future.

However, Sheik hassina has been able to somewhat curb terrorism being exported out of Bangladesh as also not allowing terrorist sanctuary in Bangladesh as they used to have. We have to be grateful for that, even for small mercies.

If we looked at it the way you chaps look at everything that India does for Bangladesh as if it had ulterior motives, then we could also adopt the same whine. However, we do not because we have the goodness to accept things done for us by other countries.

If you had visited this Bangladesh sub forum more frequently, you would find that Manmohan Singh is wrong, since here 99% of BD posters are anti Indian. If this is the true representation of Bangladesh, then how is the statement ridiculous?

Wrong again. It's 99.99%. The 0.01% will be exiled to india once the regime changes. :lol:

I supported AL in the last election so that india cooperates with us on issues such as:

- Water sharing of important rivers. Indians think it's a joke. For us, it's simply a matter of life & death.

- Resolving South Talpotty dispute. A lot's in stake here.

- Removing the insurmountable, unilateral trade barriers for BD goods. *Now please gentlemen, don't sh*t about trade gap with China. They have opened up their market generously for our stuff (no 8 mil pieces BS), but our industries themselves run on imports from China.*

What AL has achieved so far:

- Taking $1 billion dollar loan + plans for $7 billion transit infrastructure development for india.

- Military crackdown on NE rebel groups, using BD taxpayer's money.

- Officially allowing india to construct border fence on the zero line instead of beyond 150 yards. (Hopefully our friendly neighbor india won't later claim that the zero line is actually 150 yards inside india.)

The above three serves indian primarily indian interests. And as usual, indians will claim these serve BD interests as well because...well..ummm... infrastructure and what not! Not realizing the first two points mentioned at the very top are known to cause wars between nations. Anti-indian sentiments...huh! It's already beyond that, even within AL's voter base.

The day when being classmates contribute to foreign policy decision when one of them isn't even a politician, that will be the day!

Nobel Laureates maybe a novelty in Bangladesh, they are a dime to a dozen in the US.

Sant Chatwal is a good friend of Manmohan Singh and the Clintons, Murli Deora is their bum chum, Clintons claim they love India........but that does not mean that the US Foreign Policy will change to be all for India! Daydreams!

1.BD situation cannot be explained with the examples quoted. I suppose each is a different issue,human relations and relation between states being complex. There are many reasons why Uncle Sam is dropping Hasina. One is that she has become so unpopular that she cannot be expected to deliver.

2. When First Lady Clinton and her daughter made a visit here during Hasina's last tenure, the BD govt did not allow the guests to visit Grameen facility on lame excuses like security,etc. US Embassy and Grameen then held the exposition at Embassy premises, and a chastised PM Hasina had to attend.

3. Grameen is by far the largest BD bank with 3 mlln subscribers/clients. That is a huge vote bank for the next election. And the gluttons around Hasina would like to control this bank by declaring it a govt bank,etc.

4. Hasina is a spiteful woman always seeking vengeance on those she has managed to dislike for some reason or the other. She can be v cruel, unreasonable and petty as only a woman can. She never liked Yunus from Day 1 for reasons I really do not know. Now it is jealousy and grudge.

5. Which does not mean I am a Yunus fan. No, I am totally against this father of a Jewish daughter with connections to Neo Cons to become a political leader of BD. No way.

1.BD situation cannot be explained with the examples quoted. I suppose each is a different issue,human relations and relation between states being complex. There are many reasons why Uncle Sam is dropping Hasina. One is that she has become so unpopular that she cannot be expected to deliver.

2. When First Lady Clinton and her daughter made a visit here during Hasina's last tenure, the BD govt did not allow the guests to visit Grameen facility on lame excuses like security,etc. US Embassy and Grameen then held the exposition at Embassy premises, and a chastised PM Hasina had to attend.

3. Grameen is by far the largest BD bank with 3 mlln subscribers/clients. That is a huge vote bank for the next election. And the gluttons around Hasina would like to control this bank by declaring it a govt bank,etc.

4. Hasina is a spiteful woman always seeking vengeance on those she has managed to dislike for some reason or the other. She can be v cruel, unreasonable and petty as only a woman can. She never liked Yunus from Day 1 for reasons I really do not know. Now it is jealousy and grudge.

5. Which does not mean I am a Yunus fan. No, I am totally against this father of a Jewish daughter with connections to Neo Cons to become a political leader of BD. No way.

Such a sensible post until i read post no.5, where you turn into an anti semeitic conspiracy theorist.

Wrong again. It's 99.99%. The 0.01% will be exiled to india once the regime changes. :lol:

I supported AL in the last election so that india cooperates with us on issues such as:

- Water sharing of important rivers. Indians think it's a joke. For us, it's simply a matter of life & death.

- Resolving South Talpotty dispute. A lot's in stake here.

- Removing the insurmountable, unilateral trade barriers for BD goods. *Now please gentlemen, don't sh*t about trade gap with China. They have opened up their market generously for our stuff (no 8 mil pieces BS), but our industries themselves run on imports from China.*

What AL has achieved so far:

- Taking $1 billion dollar loan + plans for $7 billion transit infrastructure development for india.

- Military crackdown on NE rebel groups, using BD taxpayer's money.

- Officially allowing india to construct border fence on the zero line instead of beyond 150 yards. (Hopefully our friendly neighbor india won't later claim that the zero line is actually 150 yards inside india.)

The above three serves indian primarily indian interests. And as usual, indians will claim these serve BD interests as well because...well..ummm... infrastructure and what not! Not realizing the first two points mentioned above are known to cause wars between nations. Anti-indian sentiments...huh! It's already beyond that, even within AL's voter base.

If Sami is the one to expel Bangaldeshis, I reckon Zabanya will get shipped out.

Water sharing is a matter of life and death. Bang on! Total death stares at you once the Tsango is dammed in Tibet!! Likewise, it will make the NE of India a desert. We are worried, but we are not whining. We are doing it in a civilised way. We have opened up dialogue with China. They are not quite happy over it and one has to wait and watch.

Talpatti or New Moore island came into being after Cyclone Bhola. It has disappeared. Why are you howling over a ghost?

Could you give more details about the trade? What has China to do with it? You may follow Chinese ways as would a faithful retainer but then must India have to take China as the benchmark?

Don't take the $ 1billion loan. End of heartburn. Get it from China. I am sure they will write it off and not expect you to import or build infrastructure. Have you checked what the Chinese are doing in Africa. Check Namibia, DR Congo and Zambia. You will get the picture. All that glitters is not gold. Let your hatred for India, based on your religious dogmatic approach (as one sees here on the threads quite a few times including innocuous things like name of missiles and so on) not make you blind!

Military crackdown on NE rebels using Taxpayers money? In other words, you want Bangladesh to be a haven of terrorists and insurgents? Have you understood the international political ramifications? Pakistan has international backers and yet the complain of India assisting Balochi rebels? You haev no backers, what if India actually starts encouraging the dissident elements in your country?

Border fence is none of Bangladesh's business and it has been going on even during your heroine's Khaleda's time!

You saw what happened to that bangaldeshi cattle smuggler crossing illegal with cattle from India at the boundary pillar at not at the authorised border crossing?

If he was shot you would howl louder.

The fencing is acting as a deterrent to greater smuggling.

A Barrister is highly regarded person.

In a subcontinental country, Barristers charge an arm and a leg.

They wallow in luxury.

They don't have to do anything else unless they are proved not quite upto the mark.

There is this popular term 'Briefless Barrister'

Tales of a briefless barrister
Tales of a briefless barrister - Google Books

'Briefless Barrister'

briefless - (of lawyers or barristers) lacking clients.
briefless - definition of briefless by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

You actually have to be looking for clients to be brief less. As I already mentioned I am fully occupied with my business.

I think you are also brief less but in a different way from what you describe. I think you prefer thongs. :cheesy: :yahoo: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom