What's new

India gets ready to host 2011 GP

Bombay

New Recruit

Reaction score
India all set for 2011 Grand Prix race

In July 2007 it was proposed that a circuit in Greater Noida be built to host a race in 2009.

In September 2007 two sites were under investigation Sohna, Haryana and Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh to host a race in 2010.

In October, 2007, the FIA signed a Rs 1600 crore contract with JPSK Sports Private Limited to organize an F1 race in India.

Estimated to cost between 15 billion and 18 billion INR (up to $364 million) to build, it is expected to be completed by April 2011. It will have a length of 5.5 km and an area of 875 acres (354ha). Seating capacity is expected to be 200,000.

Track was penned by world famous F1 track designer Hermann Tilke.

It has been reported that the circuit will be the second-fastest on the calendar after Monza and that the design was forwarded to the teams to gather feedback on how the circuit could be altered to improve overtaking.

Locaion - Noida(Greater Noida)

map.jpg

Track Layout - Plan

800px-Jaypee_Group_Circuit.svg.png

Track Layout - 3D

58562--Formula-1----Season-2010---2951.jpg

Circuit Plan

circuit-plan.jpg

Paddock

paddock.jpg

Pit Straight

grid.jpg

Paddock Complex

pitlane.jpg

News > F1 teams had input into India's GP circuit - Motorsport.com
F1 teams had input into India's GP circuit

F1 teams contributed to the design of India's new Grand Prix circuit.

Under construction since last November outside the capital Delhi, the layout was penned by the Formula One regular Hermann Tilke's German company.

But Mark Hughes, vice president of promoter Jaypee who have signed a ten-year race contract with Bernie Ecclestone, said the teams have also been involved in the shape of the track that could be the fastest on the calendar after Monza.

"We sent the details to all the teams and they programmed the information into their simulators and gave us feedback on where we could make improvements and add overtaking opportunity points," he said in an interview with Reuters.

Hughes, formerly involved with the Bahrain race, said he expects the privately-funded $350 million venue to host its inaugural race next October.

Waiting for Force India to finish on Podium in this race...

:mps:

What happened to that Adam Khan guy, didnt he finish like 3rd in the euroseries3000..but that was A1 i think not F1

Are there any F1 fans out there ?? Would like the occasional F1 chat with PDF members. Getting tired of blinding myself from the internet for a couple of hours and then downloading BBC Sport recordings of races, thanks to the American fascination with idiotic NASCAR; no channel is broadcasting the earlier races of this year.

Anyways, I'm going to be home next summers and it is expected that the Indian GP would be after Shanghai and that means late April, but I would get free in early May. Hoping that the calendar allows me to watch the inaugural Indian GP. It'll be cheaper than watching the British or the Belgian :). I'm seriously stoked about the possibility of attending the Indian GP.

The news was claiming Herman Tilke as the "greatest" track designer. Thanks to Max Moseley, he's the only track designer around and even with great efforts most corners are starting to look like the same ---> chicane followed by a short straight followed by a right curve followed by a hairpin and followed by a long straight. Tikke has become boring. F1 needs a number of track designers so as to ensure new track schemes.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

What happened to that Adam Khan guy, didnt he finish like 3rd in the euroseries3000..but that was A1 i think not F1

He didn't even complete the races in A1 last year as he got involved as a demonstration driver with Renault. The Euroseries 3000 was in 2008, it's called Auto GP now. He started GP2 in 2008 as well. Arden is an average team but he didn't show good results in his outings with them and went back to concentrate on A1GP (he had become seat holder in the team as well, but as we know A1GP went bankrupt). Pakistan started A1GP 2009 by selling off its chassis to Switzerland (not sure about country) after the chassis we ordered was somehow small for the driver and driver couldn't sit properly in driving position. We never started the season as Adam Khan got involved with Renault.

The problem is Renault does not have a driver development program as far as I know. Don't know what he has been doing for the past year.

His website has no updates as well.

Q&A with Renault demo driver Adam Khan

Last edited:
India had a much better A1GP career. Narayan Karthikeyan won 2 races in '07 and had a podium finish last year as well.

^ par sada ik munda hai ga, we dont have any infrastructure to support a sport like F1 or A1.. if it werent for cricket being a cheap game, we'd be world champions in yassu panju only :rolleyes:

Pakistan should try baseball (similar to gulli danda) like South Americans, who can't afford shoes and play barefoot, hitting rocks with broomsticks in place of bats and balls. We have all of the that in Pakistan. Its much more profitable for the players than cricket could ever be because there are so many professional teams. South American athletes have capitalized on this very well.

Back
Top Bottom