What's new

India has 10 Satellite Monitoring Borders

wait a min guys my sis is a GIS specilist i australia and according to her only 4 sats r needed to recon australias coastlines then y india needs 10 ???????????

wait a min guys my sis is a GIS specilist i australia and according to her only 4 sats r needed to recon australias coastlines then y india needs 10 ???????????

very simple.. they more advanced than us. is it that hard to understand???:cheers:

even US has the capability to identify an individual from satellite. but have a max resolution of a metre. that is what advancement is called...:cheers:

to my fellow Indians, dont repeat the same mistake like most Pakistani and chinese friends do. they may think us as an incapable nation but we have proved to the world. we think Pak is way behind space tech and insult them but they have the capacity to do.. they may not accept the facts but we are developing and we have to accept the facts...:cheers:

I sincerely feel Space programs should be multinational. No one country should have monopoly on Space. Since, space exploration is costly and its application universal, why not all countries jointly explore space. This will result in not only in better allocation of resources, but faster and better results

As one poster in some forum put

"There are those who have different points of view about what our goals should be in space. Some are interested in science or just the beauty of an alien landscape; they are satisfied looking vicariously through the eyes of a machine; others feel the need to actually walk those alien landscapes, or send human proxies. Still others believe that human destiny is in the stars and we must expand into the universe to survive. I guess we need to work together, and tolerate each other's motivations."

After all we are Indians and Pakistanis on earth, but in space we are all earthlings…Right

Dear Gentlemen,

I am absolutely delighted to read these posts! Thank you so much. At last, voices of reason on the Indian side!

Permit me, please, to respond in detail, although the first impact itself is so utterly gratifying.

to my fellow Indians, dont repeat the same mistake like most Pakistani and chinese friends do. they may think us as an incapable nation but we have proved to the world. we think Pak is way behind space tech and insult them but they have the capacity to do.. they may not accept the facts but we are developing and we have to accept the facts...:cheers:

I understood this as mainly emphasising the parts highlighted in bold. As a software services manager, one of my primary tasks was a ceaseless hunt for talent. It was excruciating to find a rich vein of competence in capability when my team worked in Kuwait with a major Kuwaiti IT organisation, and to be unable to touch it for strategic and for political reasons. The Pakistani kids in that organisation (kids because they were on an average 1/3 my age) were bright, disciplined and competent; just as good as my north Indian youngsters, though a shade behind, as my poor Punjabis and UP wallahs themselves were, to my Tamil hard-core. But it was impossible to hire them for the reasons mentioned. On the solitary occasion when a youngster of British citizenship was hired for training in data centre management, prior to being re-posted in Britain, I had to labour for several weeks to get an incredulous visa officer in the UK to understand why I was hiring a boy of Mirpuri descent to do IT work in India, in Chennai! Finally, it led to a personal interview by some senior intelligence staff members, who, as it happened, knew my professional background and my antecedents; the interview led to a visa being issued, but it would have been worth a fortune to be able to preserve the expression of bemusement on their faces as they walked away from my office, clearly unconvinced but unable to put a finger on anything!

If things take a different turn (today they look glum and pessimistic), it is those competent youngsters on whom Ihave my beady little eyes!

I sincerely feel Space programs should be multinational. No one country should have monopoly on Space. Since, space exploration is costly and its application universal, why not all countries jointly explore space. This will result in not only in better allocation of resources, but faster and better results

"There are those who have different points of view about what our goals should be in space. Some are interested in science or just the beauty of an alien landscape; they are satisfied looking vicariously through the eyes of a machine; others feel the need to actually walk those alien landscapes, or send human proxies. Still others believe that human destiny is in the stars and we must expand into the universe to survive. I guess we need to work together, and tolerate each other's motivations."

After all we are Indians and Pakistanis on earth, but in space we are all earthlings…Right

I salute you for those stirring sentiments. If only ISRO were permitted by political circumstances, and by the existence of security for India from Pakistan-based blood-thirsty fanatics, to collaborate with Pakistani organisations, there is so much to share.

This whole state of affairs is a great pity and a thorough waste.

Once again, M82 and Jade1982, thank you for your well-expressed thoughts. Very nicely put, gentlemen!

Sincerely,

for all of those who are questioning the reason why pakistan does not have satelites or to be appropriate uses borrowed satelites , the reason is cost of a satelite is far more than that of a balistic missile ,
AND PAK WOULD RATHER HAVE MORE BALISTIC MISSILE THAN A HAND FULL OF SATELITES
For example the cost of the recently launched CARTOSAT 2B is Rs 253 crore ie aproximately 58 million $
While the AGNI 2 balistic missile cost aproximately 10 million $

Dear Sir,

While this is decidedly off-topic, would you like some tutoring on the origins and development of the American missile programme, since you appear to be labouring under a lot of delusions? It may be slightly painful, but I understand that an American saying goes,'No pain, no gain'.

You just have to say the word.

Sincerely,

A moot point considering I never claimed the original American missile program was "indigenous"..on the contrary it was Indian who was claiming that for his country with a dig at Pakistan.

Ya sure...and all India's missiles are of course by Indians without Russian help.

According to Indians, even the English language is indigenous of India.
Many Indians even think that Cricket (game) is from India.

But we all know that the English language and the Cricket game are both from England.

According to Indians, even the English language is indigenous of India.
Many Indians even think that Cricket (game) is from India.

But we all know that the English language and the Cricket game are both from England.

is that your assumption or just trolling for fun ?? :tdown:

you say according to Indian ?? show me when any Indian says that English language is Indian or Cricket is invented in India ??

I think, it does not matter if we are ahead of Pakistan in defense technology or behind of China. We should compare our product with the best of this whole world and try to match that in shortest span of time possible…..

This would have been very ideal if earth didnt have borders, But thats not the case.

When the future lies in resources, its all about who gets what?.....No one will share it with you.

Anyways...
I feel until we have established a net centric command, we cant have real time survelliencee of borders by space based SATs..

Back
Top Bottom