What's new

India hosts 158 MNCs, ranks 11th

Right. But we need to close the gap with China. Hopefully in the years to come more and more MNCs set up bases in India

True said! We need more companies especially those that can add more competition in advanced industrial manufacturing sector to rise from our soil and rapidly close the gap with the top 5.

When I first read the article, I knew something wasn't right. How can 158 MNCs based their HQ in a foreign country that is not even considered as developed? Guess what? As expected, 3rd rate indian press either misread or shameless altered the original McKinsey report.

This ranking is based on large companies with annual revenue over $1 billion, they are local companies, not MNCs

"Larger economies are naturally home to more large companies. The United States hosts the highest number of large company headquarters, roughly a quarter of the global total, followed by Japan, China, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France (Exhibit 1)."South Asia is home to 24 percent of the world’s population but only 2 percent of all large companies and their consolidated revenue."

Something is not right with you ! It is report from McKinsey Global Institute. Not made by Indian press. It says "According to an analysis by McKinsey Global Institute, as many as 158 global large companies have their headquarters in India with a combined revenue of $898 billion"

Do you understand the meaning of global ??

Urban world: The shifting global business landscape | McKinsey & Company

The article is indeed a bit misleading. Some of the largest German companies with over USD 1 billion revenue are not MNC, all their business is withing Germany, e.g. Toll Collect. On the other hand, many German MNC are the typical German Mittelstand that export a large part of their cutting edge products but have a revenue less than USD 1 billion.

Something is not right with you ! It is report from McKinsey Global Institute. Not made by Indian press. It says "According to an analysis by McKinsey Global Institute, as many as 158 global large companies have their headquarters in India with a combined revenue of $898 billion"

Do you understand the meaning of global ??

Urban world: The shifting global business landscape | McKinsey & Company

LOL, Indian IQ. I know it is published by McKinsey, but your 3rd rate indian media totally altered the original report.
Global refers to global ranking of large companies with over US$1billion , not MNCs. :omghaha: :omghaha:

Did you even bothered download the PDF file from the website? There are two files.
Download and read it, stop making a fool of yourself, you're hilarious.

LOL, Indian IQ. I know it is published by McKinsey, but your 3rd rate indian media totally altered the original report.
Global refers to global ranking of large companies with over US$1billion , not MNCs. :omghaha: :omghaha:

Did you even bothered download the PDF file from the website? There are two files.
Download and read it, stop making a fool of yourself, you're hilarious.

Get over your High IQ hangover. A global company is a MNC. You may twist it whichever way you want to. Indian comapnies can be multinationals too. May be too difficult for you to digest ! :yay:

From the report : ' Just as Japanese and South Korean companies became formidable global competitors in the past half century, new players from emerging markets, such as the Chinese telecommunications networking giant Huawei, Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer, and India’s industrial conglomerate Aditya Birla Group, are asserting their presence—and many more are soon to follow'

Now go back to your cave :wave:

Get over your High IQ hangover. A global company is a MNC. You may twist it whichever way you want to. Indian comapnies can be multinationals too. May be too difficult for you to digest ! :yay:

From the report : ' Just as Japanese and South Korean companies became formidable global competitors in the past half century, new players from emerging markets, such as the Chinese telecommunications networking giant Huawei, Brazilian aircraft manufacturer Embraer, and India’s industrial conglomerate Aditya Birla Group, are asserting their presence—and many more are soon to follow'

Now go back to your cave :wave:

Did you read the PDF file???
With respect to this particular ranking table, Global companies does NOT mean MNC HQ that is based in India. It's just a term used to describe this ranking as global.

We are miles and miles ahead of India, why would it be difficult for me to digest???

Your stupidity is truly global :omghaha:

When I first read the article, I knew something wasn't right. How can 158 MNCs based their HQ in a foreign country that is not even considered as developed? Guess what? As expected, 3rd rate indian press either misread or shameless altered the original McKinsey report.

This ranking is based on large companies with annual revenue over $1 billion, they are local companies, not MNCs

"Larger economies are naturally home to more large companies. The United States hosts the highest number of large company headquarters, roughly a quarter of the global total, followed by Japan, China, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France (Exhibit 1)."South Asia is home to 24 percent of the world’s population but only 2 percent of all large companies and their consolidated revenue."

All Companies in India with over $1 billion annual revenues are MNCs.An MNC simply means a company that has operations in multiple countries.Indian companies are typically derive their growth from revenues from overseas operation.They are all MNCs.

some more salt on fattyacids wounds :)

from the original report: 'Companies from emerging regions are growing faster than their counterparts from developed regions—not only in their home markets, but also in overseas markets. (Witness the aggressive expansion of India’s Tata Motors into Europe over the past decade.)'

They do setup.

Branch company yes, HQ no. For example, Siemens has higher revenue in USA and China than Germany simply because the size of markets in USA and China are bigger, but the HQ stays in Germany.

Hmm, South Africa is doing surprisingly well. I would thought Brazil's ranking would be higher, but apparently I was wrong.

Right. But we need to close the gap with China. Hopefully in the years to come more and more MNCs set up bases in India

To be honest, I think more realistic goal setting for India is to Russia/Italy, then Australia/Canada and after that France/UK. If you can get past these countries you can start talking about the likes of Germany, Japan, China and US.

Would our Indian friends care to list the 158 MNCs that are headquartered in India?:azn:

Would our Indian friends care to list the 158 MNCs that are headquartered in India?:azn:

No chance. Indian economy is still a command economy with very little market forces. This creates a lot of red tape which makes MNC view India as anti-business. This is the main reason why India will never get within touching distance of China despite India's lofty ambitions.

some more salt on fattyacids wounds :)

from the original report: 'Companies from emerging regions are growing faster than their counterparts from developed regions—not only in their home markets, but also in overseas markets. (Witness the aggressive expansion of India’s Tata Motors into Europe over the past decade.)'

LOL, rub some curry on your head. Did you even read the actual report? "Global" means company that has a global presence, an indian company that has sell to the world is also considered as global according to this McKinsey report. These so called global companies/MNCs are all indian, not foreign MNCs.

Company HQ is always based in its home country. Why you could a company want to move to India? Higher corporate tax, no infrastructure, no manufacturing base, not a major consumer market.

All Companies in India with over $1 billion annual revenues are MNCs.An MNC simply means a company that has operations in multiple countries.Indian companies are typically derive their growth from revenues from overseas operation.They are all MNCs.

No disagreement on the definition of MNC, I was pointing out that these global companies or MNCs are NOT foreign MNCs that based their HQ in India. That was the crux of the argument with the indian members here. They think foreign companies are moving their HQ to India.

Back
Top Bottom