PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India is 'murder capital'

New Delhi, June 01, 2008
First Published: 11:37 IST(1/6/2008)
Last Updated: 13:11 IST(1/6/2008)

India has earned the dubious distinction of being the country where maximum number of murders take place in the world, three times more than its neighbour Pakistan and double the figures in the United States. There were 32,719 incidence of murder recorded in India, whereas there were 16,692 in the US and 9,631 in Pakistan, the report, compiled by National Crime Records Bureau and released by the Union Home Ministry.
There were more than 50 lakh incidents of crime reported in 2007-08 which included murder, rape and drug offences, a government report said.

There were 32,719 incidence of murder recorded in India, whereas there were 16,692 in the US and 9,631 in Pakistan, the report, compiled by National Crime Records Bureau and released by the Union Home Ministry, said.

India was followed by South Africa which registered 30,960 incidence of murders. Austria had recorded just 148 murders, whereas Israel registered 177 such incidents.

However, the rate (per lakh population) of murder and other crimes in India was much less as compared to other countries.

The murder and rape rate in India is three and four (per lakh population) respectively whereas South Africa recorded the occurrence rate in murders and rapes with 65.27 and 115.8 respectively.

"Most of the murder takes place due to passion, sudden provocation, crime related and family disputes," Delhi Police spokesman ACP Rajan Bhagat said.

Delhi has recorded an increase of 1.08 per cent in murders in 2007 as compared to 2006.

The number of rape cases were maximum in the United States which recorded 93,934 such assaults followed by South Africa 54,926 and India 18,359.

The data was compiled of 22 countries which included Australia, Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Japan, Canada, England and Wales, Germany, Malaysia New Zealand, Thailand and Sri Lanka beside others.

In India, there were 44,159 incidence of sexual offences, 2,70,861 cases of serious assault and 22,814 robbery and violent theft related incidence were reported, the report said.

The maximum number of robbery related cases were reported in Japan which had registered 17,25,072 such incidence.

The US topped the crime list with 2,31,13,708 total crime related incidence, whereas India registered overall 50,26,337 criminal cases.Send

India is 'murder capital'- Hindustan Times'

However, the rate (per lakh population) of murder and other crimes in India was much less as compared to other countries.

The murder and rape rate in India is three and four (per lakh population) respectively whereas South Africa recorded the occurrence rate in murders and rapes with 65.27 and 115.8 respectively.

Not bad, considering that we have a fifth of the people.

Anything lesser than a fifth of the murders in the world is very good imo...

Pakistan with just over 160 mn people, has far more murders, per capita, than India.

Not bad, considering that we have a fifth of the people.

Anything lesser than a fifth of the murders in the world is very good imo...

Pakistan with just over 160 mn people, has far more murders, per capita, than India.

:) ahh the same Indian excitment just to be happy that look China or Pakistan has the problem so its ok if we have bigger as we have a bigger population.

But you know stealth i am much happy as much as Indian want to bury their head in the sand by comparing their ills with that of Pakistan ;)

Keep up

:) ahh the same Indian excitment just to be happy that look China or Pakistan has the problem so its ok if we have bigger as we have a bigger population.

But you know stealth i am much happy as much as Indian want to bury their head in the sand by comparing their ills with that of Pakistan ;)

Keep up

Yeah, whatever.....you can't have zero crime rate...its not possible.

A reasonable crime rate is perfectly acceptable.

As long as our per-capita murder rate is within reasonable limits, why fret?

Yeah, whatever.....you can't have zero crime rate...its not possible.

A reasonable crime rate is perfectly acceptable.

As long as our per-capita murder rate is within reasonable limits, why fret?

:) who is talking about zero crime rate.

crime rate can never be termed reasonable or unreasonable.

yep if some one enters your home and kill someone or do somthing immoral to your home inmates why fret as long as per-capita murder rate is within reasonble limits

I am...and even you are infact, without even realizing it.

If I am a police chief, I indeed cannot call any crime rate reasonable.

However, if I am an average joe, then yeah, considering the crime rates in developed countries, India's crime rate isn't as bad as it could be.

yep if some one enters your home and kill someone or do somthing immoral to your home inmates why fret as long as per-capita murder rate is within reasonble limits

Er....don't use cheap strawmans Jana dear....

India is 6 times bigger than Pakistan, do you expect the number of crimes to be same?

Its was you who posted this in a defence related thread, and it shows your childish happiness to see more crimes in India, but you fail to clean your house and dont realize that crime rate per lakh population in Pakistan is much higher. Considering this, I can say that India is more stable than Pakistan, though they received freedom in the same day.

The very fact that this is getting reported in the Indian media shows that the democratic system is functioning. Though none of the pakistani media has reported about the alarming crime rate in Pakistan.

India is 'murder capital'

New Delhi, June 01, 2008
First Published: 11:37 IST(1/6/2008)
Last Updated: 13:11 IST(1/6/2008)

India has earned the dubious distinction of being the country where maximum number of murders take place in the world, three times more than its neighbour Pakistan and double the figures in the United States. There were 32,719 incidence of murder recorded in India, whereas there were 16,692 in the US and 9,631 in Pakistan, the report, compiled by National Crime Records Bureau and released by the Union Home Ministry.
There were more than 50 lakh incidents of crime reported in 2007-08 which included murder, rape and drug offences, a government report said.

There were 32,719 incidence of murder recorded in India, whereas there were 16,692 in the US and 9,631 in Pakistan, the report, compiled by National Crime Records Bureau and released by the Union Home Ministry, said.

India was followed by South Africa which registered 30,960 incidence of murders. Austria had recorded just 148 murders, whereas Israel registered 177 such incidents.

"Most of the murder takes place due to passion, sudden provocation, crime related and family disputes," Delhi Police spokesman ACP Rajan Bhagat said.

Delhi has recorded an increase of 1.08 per cent in murders in 2007 as compared to 2006.

The number of rape cases were maximum in the United States which recorded 93,934 such assaults followed by South Africa 54,926 and India 18,359.

The data was compiled of 22 countries which included Australia, Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Japan, Canada, England and Wales, Germany, Malaysia New Zealand, Thailand and Sri Lanka beside others.

In India, there were 44,159 incidence of sexual offences, 2,70,861 cases of serious assault and 22,814 robbery and violent theft related incidence were reported, the report said.

The maximum number of robbery related cases were reported in Japan which had registered 17,25,072 such incidence.

The US topped the crime list with 2,31,13,708 total crime related incidence, whereas India registered overall 50,26,337 criminal cases.Send

India is 'murder capital'- Hindustan Times'

Great Find:tup:, you must have tried so hard to find this, ohh, wait a second, you must be reading Hindustan Times everyday.Anyway, great effort and a great find, you just made my day!!!!:yahoo:

It is shameful that there are that many murders in our country. Though I can list several positive things from the above report, I choose not to as it would be (in my opinion) rather inappropriate.

Let us hope and work towards ensuring a better Indian society.

Jana:

Why is it that most of your write-ups simply try to discredit my country?

NEW DELHI: India has earned the dubious distinction of being the country where maximum number of murders takes place in the world, three times more than its neighbour Pakistan and double the figures in United States. There were more than 50 lakh incidents of crime reported in 2007-08, which included murder, rape and drug offences, a government report said. There were 32,719 incidents of murder recorded in India, whereas there were 16,692 in.....

more
India tops world murder count: report - GEO.tv :disagree:

There is a thread on this topic started by Jana.

I suggest the two threads be merged.

India is 6 times bigger than Pakistan, do you expect the number of crimes to be same?

Its was you who posted this in a defence related thread, and it shows your childish happiness to see more crimes in India, but you fail to clean your house and dont realize that crime rate per lakh population in Pakistan is much higher. Considering this, I can say that India is more stable than Pakistan, though they received freedom in the same day..

:) as i said my dear Indian Talwar (wait a minute are you (Talwar) not facing the murder case :D :D ) before that as far as Indians are very happy just thinking that look the crime rate in so and so country specially Pakistan is higher keeping in view the population difference and just beacuse of that excuse if Indians prefer to burry their head in the sand, i would be happy for that.

The very fact that this is getting reported in the Indian media shows that the democratic system is functioning. Though none of the pakistani media has reported about the alarming crime rate in Pakistan.

:) every media do report such things and my media is more agressive and honest to publish such things i guess you need to read regulary

It is shameful that there are that many murders in our country. Though I can list several positive things from the above report, I choose not to as it would be (in my opinion) rather inappropriate.

Let us hope and work towards ensuring a better Indian society.

vish dear that is the point irrespective of the country where such things are happening the main point is how much courage we have to accept and condemn such ills.
murders, raps and such other social evils are in every country, what makes the difference is that some accept and do not find solace in seeing the same justifying it by saying other country is having more.

Jana:

Why is it that most of your write-ups simply try to discredit my country?

My write-ups or the one i posted on the forum from Indian media ??????

Sometimes I wonder if the people working for Geo are careless lazy jahils who got their jobs through sifarish or if they are getting paid by someone to deliberately make pakistanis look bad. If you read the article you come across this little gem:

However, the rate (per lakh population) of murder and other crimes in India was much less compared to other countries. The murder and rape rate in India is three and four (per lakh population) respectively whereas South Africa recorded occurrence rates in the two categories as 65.27 and 115.8 respectively.

So if any pakistani who is bad at math reads this and tries bragging to an Indian he will have his a$$ handed to him. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom