What's new

India likely to ink deal for 36 to 54 More Rafale jets to maintain edge over PAF, if Pakistan buys new fighter jets

The French govt and dassult are pushing the indian govt to buy the f4 version which is close to induction with France.

Indian Rafale infrastructure is for 4 squadrons in 2 bases,

hence the theory that India will buy two more squadrons of rafales

if we,look at mirage2000 india started with 42 and follow up of 10
su30mki 50 then 140 then 72 .

I suspect another 36 then no more as both mark 2 Tejas and Amca will.arrice 2027 and 2032.

rafale will be ordered again 2022 for delivery starting 2025 to 2027 .

That's good for India, but lemme tell you, you won't have so called edge over PAF even if you have 100 Rafael's?
PAF has more cheaper solutions with more heavy equipments and believe you me never try these EU countries when a war erupts they will take last drop of your blood as thier profits, I think IAF goes to USA that can be better option to them as INDO-US has joint strategical partnership against china!

If this is your strategy to stop them from buying modern equipment then i think we should go back to sabres.

Our strategy has and always has been to match India's purchases to maintain the balance of power, NOT to fulfil fanboys' wishlists and bankrupt the country by starting an arms race we cannot win.

When India introduced Cold Start, we introduced Nasr. We did NOT start a draft and start panic buying as many fancy toys as we can because they can do exactly the same and buy far more and better toys than we can (all while not destroying their economy).

Not sure how credible the source it but addition of 36 to 48 Rafales will make IAF a potent force. In addition to that I would like to see a huge chunk of Budget going to health and education sector.
When u give Lewis Hamiltons car to a luluu does he become a world champion driver.
On paper Indian will have a formidable lineup. But even now indianhas an excellent force however, we know how alluring the Pakistani Cup of tea can be .... fantastic

I think we will go for it down the line irrespective of the face what PAF buys. We have much bigger threat other than Pakistan.

You have bought S 400, so no chance to buy F 35. Your only chance in getting 5 generation fighter is for you to successfully develop AMCA into a real capable fighter.

You have bought S 400, so no chance to buy F 35. Your only chance in getting 5 generation fighter is for you to successfully develop AMCA into a real capable fighter.
USA might not sell F35s to India but may lease a few under thier own command if india ready to give them bases within its terrotries!
In the end USAs primary objective is to pressure china?

One can truly maintain an edge over their enemy if their training and competence is superior to their enemy.

Buying more rafales will only be able to compensate for the lack of training to a certain extent
Never underestimate the enemy and never be over confident.

We have our own ways to deal with the Americans. If the need arises we can get our hands on F35.

S-400 and F-35 together.
i love the way you dream.

India will not be buying any foreign fighter behind Rafale. More rafales will.come but only 36 to 40 fighters,

future fighters,beyond this

tejas,mark 2 powered by usa engines
Amca fifth gen powered by usa engines

sub systems will.come but fighters after Rafale will be tejas see this

Back
Top Bottom