What's new

India-made passenger plane coming soon

Nope. I won't. I'm just responding to an article. You need to understand that this is not about India, but about an article.

Also, what Indian efforts are here? The article might as well talk about India make a death star. Its just as realistic.

If this is just an Article, why did you have to say "well, in India, its all just hot air. In 30 years, India will be building a passenger plane very soon."

Well that was a lame excuse bro!! You and I know what u did there.

Orientals (the slanted varient) are a rather jealous creatures with low self-esteem so they view humanity with the lens of negativity. Please forgive them as this is the way the creatures are and nothing can ever be done externally to change it.
:o:WHAAAAAT!!o_O

Coming soon?

How soon is soon?

10 years?20 years?30 years?

Still have to decide if it's gonna be a turbo jet or a turbo-prop engine plane,yet you guys are already shouting about “coming soon”?:enjoy:

Surprise? Indian way

Surprise? Indian way

This way is far better than designing a dwarf MD 80 with Antonov designed wings aint it?

COMAC_ARJ21_Gu.jpg

Transport aircraft design soon, says Ministry official

upload_2014-3-17_11-5-22.jpeg

The design for indigenous Regional Transport Aircraft is likely to be finalised within the next two to three months, said a senior official of Civil Aviation Ministry.

Apart from the design of the passenger aircraft, its size and the number of seat options 70-80 or 100 seats, as also the possibility of finalising the type of the engines, whether it should be turbo prop or turbo jet, will be considered, said G Asok Kumar, Joint Secretary, Civil Aviation Ministry.

The official said the CAPAC (Civil Aviation Products Advisory Committee) met at the India Aviation 2014 and discussed various aspects and the progress of the regional aircraft project and also the possibility of Indian companies taking part in the initiative. A prototype is likely to be ready within 6-7 years, he said.

Several major manufacturers of aviation parts such as Mahindras, Taneja, Tatas, NAL and HAL were present during the interaction on how to expand the domestic manufacturing capabilities, he said.

In July 2013, the Prime Minister had approved the project. After that several major steps have been initiated including the formation of a special purpose vehicle with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL), he said.

India is keen to develop 70-100-seater passenger aircraft with joint efforts of HAL and NAL. The initial funding of ?20 crore will be borne by the joint venture partners. The HAL Board has already given approval for the JV/SPV.

Transport aircraft design soon, says Ministry official | idrw.org

like whether we should use a turbo jet or a turbo-prop engine. The effort is to build a passenger aircraft with 70 to 100-passenger capacity,” according to G Ashok Kumar, joint secretary, MoCA

Probably the joint secretary Ashok Kumar has no idea of what he is talking or there must be an error in the article.

Turbojet engine in this generation? that too for a commercial plane?
Stupid

Kaveri engine is a low bypass ratio turbofan engine these types of engines are used in fighter planes whereas high bypass turbofan engines are used in civilian planes because they are more economical.
Making a low bypass ration turbofan is one of the most complex things on earth,our Kaveri engine is still not ready yet and is a bit overweight and cant sustain high thrusts.This is the latest news on Kaveri engine......

"Next year, the GTRE plans to show the engine’s performance first on an Il-76 plane and then as the second engine fitted on a twin-engined fighter like MiG-29. It would be tuned to certification standards"

New tailwinds for Kaveri engine - Google Search

Last edited:
this sounds about right. India will be superpower in 2030, the same time they will build their own airplane.

@TimeToScoot You are thanking a troll's post. :o:........

Btw- I have some more info about devlopment of engines or other advances in this field,i can share it if you want......

@jarves

Thanks for that info. I believe even the Chinese have struggled with their own version of Kaveri. The question then arises, why haven't we invested in high bypass ratio turbofan engines? Also, are any private sector companies involved in the indigenous development of engines (not car)?

@@TimeToScoot You are thanking a troll's post. :o:........

Btw- I have some more info about devlopment of engines or other advances in this field,i can share it if you want......

Come on. That was a case of mistaken identity. You should have forgiven me by now :p:

Sure. Share all the information that you have. I'm here to learn :-)

this sounds about right. India will be superpower in 2030, the same time they will build their own airplane.

India will not be a superpower in 2030. It would however be more technologically advanced than Europe and Japan though as per one of our top scientists.

@jarves

I believe even the Chinese have struggled with their own version of Kaveri.
They are still struggling althoug they are atleast 6 to seven years ahead of us.
The question then arises, why haven't we invested in high bypass ratio turbofan engines?
Its all about priority,if we become sucessful in Kaveri project then making a high bypass turbofan engine will not be an issue besides that there are other problems like fundings,shortage of Human resources and most importantly beuarocracy
Also, are any private sector companies involved in the indigenous development of engines (not car)?
Which type of engines are you talking about???

Sometimes its good to take criticism in a positive way :coffee:
I want you to do a favour for me.

Back
Top Bottom